“Will be number 1 soon!!”

the Moose & Roo Pub & Grill
Ranked #35 of 2,206 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub, International, European, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bunbury, Australia
“Will be number 1 soon!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Walked in about half 7 without a reservation and seated straight away. Good friendly service with a smile and we didnt need to ask for a thing, everything was offered before we even thought about wanting it. The food was the best we ate in Hanoi, i had the pork belly and spicy wings and my wife had the steak sandwich and both were yum. I could have done with a little bigger portion but I wouldnt say it was small. Definately will be a regular next time we visit.

KeithThibert, Owner at the Moose & Roo Pub & Grill, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thanks for your glowing review of the Moose & Roo. Really glad to hear when our valued guests leave satisfied.

• Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
DEN
“what price western bar food?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

in my opinion, extremely expensive to the point i lost my appetite when i saw the prices. Probably 3x the cost of a local meal served at a vietnamese for tourist establishment. I paid for the novelty of a carlsberg draft (not cheap) then ate elsewhere. good atmosphere with two sports TVs and A/C. In my estimation not value for money.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank Pakrin
KeithThibert, Owner at the Moose & Roo Pub & Grill, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
I'm not sure how to respond to a reviewer that didn't even try our food. You can read previous reviews to understand our pricing......which by international standards is still quite reasonable.

Skipton, United Kingdom
“excellent burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We arrived after a very long flight, with queasy stomachs and mega jetlag, so the visit to the Moose & Roo was exactly what we needed to cure that, sorting us out for the days to come.

Thanks to the staff for feeding us quickly with excellent quality food. My job takes me to many top gastro pubs in the UK, and you easily match them for food quality, service and dish presentation!

• Visited March 2014
Thanks for your kind review. We hope you were feeling better the next day and for the rest of your trip. We appreciate the comparisons to your favorite pubs.

London
“Great burger!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

A little pricier than nearby places but still well under £10 for a great meal! Had the beef and bone marrow burger and the pulled pork sandwich - both were excellent and a welcome change from noodles and rice. Service was very good. Midway through our meal we offered to switch tables to allow them to fit a family onto our 4 seater as the waitress appeared to be struggling to make room and as a result of our gesture were offered free dessert as a way of thanks. A completely unnecessary but very kind gesture - particularly as the chocolate ice cream was delicious!

• Visited April 2014
First of all let us thank you for your courteous offer to change tables while we were busy. We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself and that we were able to offer you an alternative to noodles.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Unreal, simply a must!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I have been travelling SEA for about a month now and although I love the food I was feeling a little home sick... Then I found this gem. I walked in and immediately felt at home, the service is top shelf even from Canadian standards. I was never sitting with an empty beer, the staff engage you in conversation and cleanliness is obviously a priority to the owner. I ordered a burger and fries and let me tell you, it was exceptional: quality beef and bun, I have no problem paying a little more to receive quality. I'd come back simply for the smiling staff the food and well priced Carlsberg beer is a bonus. I will be back and recommend you swing by and see for yourself!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nice to hear we are exceeding Canadian standards, thanks for that. We are very proud of the service at the Moose & Roo and the staff was happy to read this review. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Vietnam.