“Fabulous in any city!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Alexandria, Virginia
“Fabulous in any city!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

After 3 weeks in SE Asia we were looking for any taste of home. We would've been content with mediocre western food but were very pleasantly surprised by great food and a very friendly staff. If this restaurant were in my hometown I would frequent it weekly. Arguably the best burger I ever had.

• Visited January 2014
072612z, Owner at the Moose & Roo Pub & Grill, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for a such a nice review, very flattering. Glad we met your needs.

• Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely gorgeous food. Delicious!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Due to the high TripAdvisor review we said we would give this restaurant a try. It exceeded my expectations and I found the prices of the food to be reasonable. I got a brisket sandwich with poutine fries and my partner got breaded fish with fries. Both dishes were so good. I would really recommend this restaurant to anyone missing western food. The staff were great too and the restaurant was buzzing.

1 Thank Danielle B
Thank you very much for such a nice review. We really appreciate all the kind words.
Sydney, Australia
“Overrated + Overpriced”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Have had much better burgers elsewhere but perhaps this is good for Hanoi. Dry meat and a dry bun. I'm not sure how this could possibly be ranked #2 on TA but maybe they were just having an off day. Will give them another go when I am next in Hanoi.

• Visited December 2013
072612z, Manager at the Moose & Roo Pub & Grill, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations. As you can see we usually have guests leave quite happy but as you said maybe we had an off day. We do hope that you come back to see us when you return to Hanoi and let us show what we excel at. We appreciate your honest comments.

Dromana, Australia
“Good for a Grubchange”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

If you're hankering after food from the homeland, like my in-laws were then, this place is excellent. I personally wouldn't have gone there, but once there the food and service were good. It wasn't cheap but not outrageous either and I suppose if you want a burger and to be able to watch the footy and enjoy a beer then this joint is ideal.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank andy b
072612z, Owner at the Moose & Roo Pub & Grill, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Glad to hear your in-laws talked you into coming. Thanks for posting such nice comments.

“Absolute gem”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Ate here twice during our stay in Hanoi. The food is simply amazing. Go on a Sunday if you can - Sunday roast was one of the best I've had. A real gem right in the old quarter.

1 Thank Jessmatt56
Thanks for your kind words. Our Sunday roast are becoming very popular thanks to our Head Chef Richie.