“Just delicious! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Minh Thuy's Family Restaurant - CLOSED

Minh Thuy's Family Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: A family run, family friendly restaurant that focuses on tasty food at reasonable prices. We offer some Hanoian and Vietnamese specialities, as well as international favourites, along our Chef Minh Thuy's own European/Asian fusion creations. Minh Thuy was a top 7 contestant in Master Chef Vietnam 2013 competition and our many repeat guests come here for the excellent food and the friendly service.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Just delicious! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The food at the restaurant is incredible! No wonder Minh Thuy was on Master Chef Vietnam! It is a slice of home but still Asian prices :)

I have a rule since I have been travelling never to go back to the same restaurant twice to eat as I like to try everywhere....but this place just kept getting me coming back because all the different meals I had were just out of this world.

I can highly recommend this place to everyone....you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank JodieM814

• Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
“Great food and professionalism”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I came one night to drink the cheapest beer on town and I took a look of the menu, so large and diverse, so I came back many times to eat such a great food. One day the forgot my friends order and because we complain we received a good compensation. That's professionalism. Simple place with very good and cheap menu

2 Thank HombreRayo
“The best pho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

sometimes pho can taste like dirty dish water with cheap moodles & cheap chewy beef... Not here!!! Finally we eat one that we would choose to eat again. The chef attracts locals due to an appearance on master chef. :) But the food is really good, the atmosphere good, pho here same price as most street food but more tasty than any I've tried before. If your in the area, definately try it. A lot of German food here also... im trying that tomorrow...

Manila, Philippines
“Home cooked meals in Hanoi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This is near my hotel and I've passed by it countless of times - I thought it was expensive, seeing the advertisement outside that it's owned by a MasterChef Vietnam contestant. I decided to give it a shot one night and was surprised by the decent pricing of meals: you can get a meal here for about $2-$5! I ordered the grilled chicken with sticky rice and after the long, long day I had, the meal reminded me of the adobo served back home. I was so pleased by it, I had to talk to the chef herself, the famous Minh Thuy.

I went back on my last night, splurged a bit and got the beef pepper and rice. Yet another delicious meal for a decent price! Minh Thuy came out again and we had a pleasant conversation about her time in Manila and how her business is going. She's a very nice and hardworking lady who makes sure that her food is enjoyed by the customers. Her staff is wonderful as well - they even gave me a glass of iced water when they realized I didn't order a drink.

Her restaurant is on a side street near the cathedral, so do visit and give it a shot! You won't regret it.

1 Thank Meryl A
Ohio
“Solid place to eat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Located on a touristy street, it's clearly for tourist. That being said, they have great Vietnamese and German food available. We ate here three times and were never disappointed. Friendly staff.

• Visited June 2014