“Do yourself a favor and eat here!!!”

The Hung Snake Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 3,784 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Hung is one of the oldest restaurant in Le Mat snake village . The restaurant is mostly made by wood, eight roofs with ancient features by the famous sculptor. The family-restaurant model is warm, friendly, intimate and hospitable. The profession of catching, breeding and processing snakes have been preserved many generations. Coming here, visitors will enjoy many kinds of snake. Play with non-toxic bamboo snake, eat 11 snake dishes with free drinks. Our slogan is HAPPINESS FIRST - MONEY SECOND so our commitment is IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY - FREE OF CHARGE. We welcome all of you! Thank you! Dragon (Mr), the owner
Reviewed June 23, 2016

First off I want to say I am a Chef in San Francisco with a popular restaurant in my city. I have eaten all over the world and this is by far one of my most memorable and fun meals I have ever had. We ordered a big King Cobra and what a thrill it was from start to finish. Not only were all the dishes unique and fun to eat but the service was amazing. The Hung family are the best so friendly and fun, that;s what truly made the experience over the top amazing. Do yourself a favor and go eat at this restaurant its true gem. Thank you Hung family for one of the best experiences of my life. I will be back soon as I get to Vietnam.

1  Thank jonnyb594
Write a reviewReviews (1,193)

Reviewed June 12, 2016

Today is my last day in Vietnam, I decided to go to the snake village, I was told that Hanoi was famous for their snakes and I'm always down to try somthing advantrous. As I arrived it did not look like a typical restaurant as I was the only guests. I bought a baby cobra for 50 bucks and the chef turned it into 11 dishes. The food was amazing. However drinking snake blood, bile and heart was not very enjoyable. Overall, it was a great experience.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Sebastian Y
Reviewed June 7, 2016

Eating snake was not something I had planned when traveling in Asia but I went here begrudgingly with my boyfriend to try something new. As we arrived it did not look like your typical restaurant as we were the only guests but I cannot fault the service we received and I was very surprised at how much I actually enjoyed the meal over all.
On arrival we were asked to choose which snake we wanted, bamboo snake (small 1-2 people), mountain cobra or king cobra (3-4 people).
We were introduced to our dinner before it was killed so this is definitely not for the faint hearted and my boyfriend did have to remind me a few times that as meat eater the majority of my meals involve an animal been killed and if I don't like the idea of it I need to make some changes in my diet!
Every part of the snake is used for the meal so we can began with a shot of snake blood mixed with rice wine, bile mixed with rice wine, the heart is also mixed in a shot though I did not indulge in that one.
The meal consist of 10 courses which are all surprisingly tasty. The snake meat is grilled, fried served in soup, porridge, broth, sticky rice and in spring rolls.
Our waiter was friendly and spoke english very well. He was happy to talk to us about the traditions of hunting snakes and answer any questions we had.
We have since gone back here a number of times when showing friends a different side of Hanoi and it always goes down well.

1  Thank SarClar
Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

I loved everything about this restaurant, from the owners and staff to the food. Such a unique experience that is truly my favorite dining experience of all time.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed May 27, 2016 via mobile

I headed here with my boyfriend slightly unsure about eating snake and drinking it's blood and bile. But so glad that we went and did it. It was an amazing and unforgettable experience. The whole time we were there the staff were very professional and the food was amazing! We couldn't believe how much food there was an we were definitely happily full for the rest of the day!

1  Thank georgiec187