“Good location and good staffs”
Review of Nam Hai hotel

Nam Hai hotel
Ranked #338 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I already stay in Nam Hai hotel 2 year ago.
From Nam Hai hotel, I can go to Hoan Kiem lake is very very easily.
Because this hotel is located in the center of a old quarter.
Nam Hai hotel is next to Hong Ha theater.
There a a lot of shows everyday there.
I stayed here about 1 week it's a short time, but many good memory.
This hotel is very beautiful, all make by wood.
The room is not so large but I think it's enough for me.
The room is clean and very nice.
I like to have breakfast in there.
Becaue the food is delicious and suitable for me.
The staff in there is very very friendly.
I had very strong impress with Ms.Ruby.
She is very very veyr nice receptionist.
I hope when next year come back vietnam,
I and my friend will choose this hotel to stay here.
And next time, I want to win her heart. HAHAHA

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo

Reviewed September 26, 2009

My friends were on a trip to Hanoi and my friend booked this hotel. I am glad he did! It is a great place to stay and reasonably priced. The service at the front desk was excellent. The receptionist spoke English very well and was helpful from beginning to end of our stay. They gave directions when we wanted to walk the area. There are a few banks close by for exchanging money and several good restaurants. The guys handling our luggage would rarely let us even get it to the elevator....they handled it all from taxi to the room. Nice rooms, hot water and internet in every room. I would stay here again. Good service!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Veery good hotel for the money. Location is also very convenient.
Ataff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Nam Hai is in a great location in the Old Quarter with lots of places of interest in close proximity.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2009

We were collected from the airport on arrival as agreed with our booking (although we were asked to pay for this and had to remind them that price was included as we'd booked a three day stay).

The hotel reception was clean and impressive. The sweet young lads who served on reception were pretty indifferent to customer service as they were so obsessed with the computer games they played on the hotel internet. It really didn't matter and just seems to be a reflection of a lack of interest in customer service in this country.

Our room wasn't ready on arrival at 4pm, nor at 10pm on our return! We had to move our own bags from the temporary room we'd left them in to the room on a different floor that we were subsequently given.

The room delay was due to the fact that I'd requested a room with a balcony, little did I know! The room was deafening was the noise of the motorbikes out front on the main street but that was nothing compared to the overwhelming smell of off cabbage that permeated the room. It was hard to believe that anyway would've considered putting a guest in there. Nonetheless we were shattered and collapsed in to bed managing to get some small amount of sleep after the noise abaited after midnight. We asked for a room change the next day and this was no problem at all.

The new room at the back of the hotel was equally lovely with dark lacquer furniture and asian carvings and comfy beds. Location great for the old quarter and breakfast reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 11, 2008

This hotel is well situated and within easy walking distance of the main attractions. The rooms were clean and comfortable with clean sheets and towels every day. Staff were very helpful and happy to go the extra mile to make one's stay enjoyable. The hotel's laundry service was a bit hit and miss. Sometimes our clothes came back washed! Don't be fooled by the extensive dinner menu that is found in the bedrooms. They seemingly send out to a takeaway for the food but it was shut for renovation while we were there.Not a problem however as there is countless places to eat right on the doorstep. The hotel organised a two day trip on a junk around Halong Bay for us. It was a little expensive but very luxurious with top notch food and accomodation on board. We will be happy to return here for a couple of nights after returning from Hoi An.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 10, 2008

I stayed at Nam Hai Hotel twice, once in 2006 and then in 2007. The place is clean and has the basic necessities. The staff are also very helpful and went beyond the call of duty. They helped me arrange a last minute tour to Ha Long Bay. There is free internet on Ground Floor too. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanoi
Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An
InterContinental Hanoi Westlake
Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
Serene Boutique Hotel & Spa
Hanoi Emerald Waters Hotel Trendy
Hilton Hanoi Opera
Hilton Hanoi Opera
#100 of 600 in Hanoi

Been to Nam Hai hotel? Share your experiences!