“Unique and entertaining”

Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
$11.00*
and up
Water Puppet Entrance Tickets with Hanoi Hotel...
$39.00*
Hanoi Cyclo City Tour Including Water Puppet Show and Hotel Pickup
$32.00*
Water Puppet Show and Old Quarter Walking Tour of Hanoi
Ranked #20 of 284 things to do in Hanoi
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Traditional legends and historical tales are among the enchanting puppet plays performed at this popular theatre.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The building is not big but can be seen from distance. The tickets cost 60k (back rows) and 100k dong (front rows).
I enjoyed the show but I can tell that some of the other audiences didn't enjoy as much as I did, especially those who are tall. There wasn't enough space for leg between the seats.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Obviously when you go to a show in Hanoi, you don't expect a top quality production like you'd get in London or on Broadway, but amateurish way this was put together made it, for me, a complete waste of time. The music can be charming from time to time, but on the whole is quite mundane, but I think it would probably be quite hard to put passion into music that the performers play 4 times a day every single day.

Others I've spoken to who attended a performance say they've either slept or just found it hilariously bad. I wouldn't go that far, but I would advise you save both the time and money and find something else.

1  Thank Joshua C
Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you are in Vietnam you have to do a water puppet show. It was good to see and the music was probably the best part. It goes for around 30 minutes which is long enough. Would recommend trying to get a seat close to the front as we were up the back and found it a little difficult to see.
It's not mind blowing, but was good to see.
Ps. Thought it was a bit cheeky asking you to buy a camera/photo ticket so you can take photos!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Colorful puppetry on water, tells a story about how the different tribes were born. Good performance with traditional musical instruments and classical singing.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Well this is most interesting to go and watch and unlike anything that I have seen before. The music that accompanies the performance is also lovely and I enjoyed that equally. Tickets are 60k Dong for the cheap seats at the back and 100k dong for the front rows. Personally unless you are short sighted there is no real need to pay the 100k. The performance is only 45 minutes so very short. There is also more leg room in Easyjet cargo! I am 6 foot 2 and I couldnt put my legs together but had to sit either 'side saddle' or with me legs spread! So in the end I was quite happy it was only 45 minutes!