“Enjoyable!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$11.00*
and up
Water Puppet Entrance Tickets with Hanoi Hotel...
Ranked #5 of 287 things to do in Hanoi
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Traditional legends and historical tales are among the enchanting puppet plays performed at this popular theatre.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I thought the water puppets were thoroughly entertaining, set against traditional Vietnamese music, there were different segments and different types of water puppets being used. From fighting dragons, to flying butterflies, jumping fish, to scenes of farming, fishing, rowing, it was a new experience and I enjoyed every minute of it!

Write a ReviewReviews (9,735)
All reviews
in 454 reviews
"stage"
in 281 reviews

Reviewed August 31, 2011

My sister and I went to see this and the place was full of kids who just loved it! We had no idea what was going on as the whole story is obviously in Vietnamese but you can get the jist by from the performance and program.

The show goes for about an hour and there are 4 shows a night. My recommendation is pay the extra for a closer seat, it really isnt expensive and also as soon as you get to Hanoi go to the theatre during the day and get tickets as we had to book a few days in advance.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

The water puppet theater in Hanoi is absolutely wonderful.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

We hadn't planned to go see the water puppetry, but as we walked past, we decided, why not. For $3, it's a cheap hour. Technically it is actually very impressive and creative, doing all the action you see on the water stage.

They have rice planting, coconut picking, horse races, dragons and fireworks. I mean that is some pretty serious puppetry. And very well done.

For some reason, the movie Team America comes to mind, but in a good kind of way. If you don't take it too seriously, we found it to be pretty funny.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We came late to the performance because I had an accident and had to go to the hospital for second degree burns. Not only did they let us in for the last few minutes (the show is very charming and delightful), but when we exited, the woman at the counter saw my bandaged fingers, asked if I wanted to see the show from the beginning, told us to wait on the benches nearby, and then let us in to the subsequent show for free. I thought it was terribly kind.