“Fantastic Hanoi Tour”

Hanoi Eco Tour - Day Tour
Ranked #162 of 485 Outdoor Activities in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Hanoi Eco-tour is the first travel company operating ecotourism in Hanoi and its suburban areas. We are a group of tour guides who love our jobs and are keen on promoting green travel in Vietnam. We love to show tourists an insight into the Vietnamese countryside.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Hanoi Tour”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I were in Vietnam in April this year and very much enjoyed our day with Nam (David) from Hanoi Eco Tours. We particularly enjoyed the flexibility of the day and being taken to places that we were interested in. Nam had a lot of knowledge, not only with history but also best times to visit the places we wanted to see which allowed us to fit it all in. We were also recommended a great place to have lunch. I would definitely look Nam up again if we were to go back and highly recommend Hanoi Eco Tours to anyone wanting an authentic experience.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Jenny B
Hanoiecotour, Manager at Hanoi Eco Tour - Day Tour, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Jenny B,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of Hanoi Eco Tours.

We are really happy to read you are happy with David he has became a blessing to the company. Our goal is to create hands-on experience for our customers, even beyond their expectation.

Once again, a big thank you for joining tour with us and we hope we can see you again in the future, kind words to you and your husband.

Kind regards,

Manager, Hanoi Eco Tours

Barossa Valley, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Personalised Hanoi Tour”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I have recently returned from a Vietnam Holiday and one of our enjoyable days was the Hanoi whole day personalised tour using Hanoi Eco Tours. Our very likable guide, Nam (David) was very well versed in Vietnam history and culture and had very good English. What set him apart from other tour guides we experienced, was his accumulated knowledge of other countries and their customs from other travellers he has shown around, which enabled him to use this information to compare cultures and also combine with his great sense of humour to make the day humorous and engaging. We encountered rain in the morning and Nam was only too happy to change his list of suggested tourist attractions to include more of the places that interested us and directed us to shopping areas for items we were looking for (not commissioned shops like some guides do). We would highly recommend Hanoi Eco Tours if you have a day spare in Hanoi.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Matthew169
Dear Matthew169,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Hanoi city tour.

It sounds like you had an unforgettable experience with Mr. David - your likable tour guide. He always try his best to create enjoyable customer experiences by deep cultural understanding, excellent English skills, flexibility and cheering you up through a day by a great sense of humours.

Thank you so much for spending time with us. We wish you would put our program in your priority list on your next visit in Hanoi.

Warmest regards,

Manager
Hanoi Eco Tours
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hanoi Eco Tour well worthwhile”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nam and the crew at Hanoi Eco Tour provide a fascinating alternative look at Vietnam. Nam is an enthusiast about a wide range of subjects, has good English, and is good company. Whether it's farming practices, local food and drink, customs and beliefs, there always seemed to be an answer and an anecdote; and lots of laughs. Thanks Nam for also taking the stress out of our first visit to the area, Tom M

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Tom M
Hanoiecotour, Manager at Hanoi Eco Tour - Day Tour, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Tom M,

Thanks for lovely review and with it being your first review on Trip Advisor, it means so much to us.

We are very pleased that you got to experience and enjoy a hassle-free holiday with us. We always try our best to give our customers opportunities to gain experience in a truly unique cultural setting.

Again, thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave your review. We wish you could recommend Hanoi Eco Tours to your friends and others. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Hanoi.

Best regards,

Manager
Hanoi Eco Tours
Sao Paulo, SP
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent tour experience in Hanoi”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had an excellent tour with David from Hanoi Eco Tour, he is very helpful and I could enjoy Vietnam the way I wanted. He knows a lot about all places we visited and he always explained me in details what I wanted to know. Despite the fact it was a short notice trip to Vietnam, the company made all arrangements as my requirements. I was grateful to have someone to help me during my stay in Hanoi and I highly recommend Hanoi Eco Tour.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Renatofs
Dear Renatofs,

On behalf of Hanoi Eco Tours team, we would like to thank you so much for coming with us and taking your time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are glad that you had a wonderful tour with us, especially our tour guide - Mr. David . To be honest, David is a really good tour guide with his enthusiasm , good English and wonderful knowledge to satisfy you as the way you want.

Thank you once again for having a great experience with us. We wish to help during your next trip in Vietnam. We will be very graceful if you can recommend us to your family and friends about Hanoi Eco Tours.

With the very best wishes,
Manager of Hanoi Eco Tours
Tokyo, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Valuable experience in Sapa”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I joined a volunteer program, “Preserve natural resources and help communities in Sapa” organized by Hanoi Eco Tour for 7 days in autumn 2012.

Sapa is located in the northern part of Vietnam where I enjoyed its very beautiful scenery. The area is surrounded by the mountains and many terraced fields. This is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to.

I stayed with a local family in one of the villages. The family welcomed me warmly and they served 3 meals with the local ingredients for me every day, which I enjoyed so much.

For a few hours per day, I did volunteer work - planting trees and vegetables, watering them, picking fruits and vegetables with the family etc. Trekking was also included in the program. One of the family members guided for us. During the trekking, I met local people from several ethnic groups, and saw local houses, many kinds of flowers, trees, animals and so on. Thanks to the family members and the supporter (Vietnamese and English speaking), I was able to see the inside of several houses and to know their lives closely, although I’m not able to speak the Vietnamese language.

The program gave me all these valuable experiences and made me feel I’d like to come back to Vietnam soon in the future :)

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Akiko574
Hanoiecotour, Manager at Hanoi Eco Tour - Day Tour, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Akiko574,

Warmest regards from the family of Hanoi Eco Tours team in Hanoi - Viet Nam !
We would like to express our sincere thanks and appreciation to taking your time to write us a review on Trip Advisor.

Sapa is a great place to see with beautiful landscapes and great views over rice terraced fields. I am very glad to hear that you had a fantastic experience with our hosts. It's wonderful that you have participated the daily grind through farming, trekking and interacting with local people. It's unique way to experience best of the the authentic and traditional Vietnamese people living in mountainous region way of life.

Your feedback is a great motivation for our host and our supporter who are working hard for your happiness.

Hanoi Eco Tour team wish you with all the best luck and looking forward to welcoming you back in Vietnam.

Manager of Hanoi Eco Tour