All reviewsold quarterhalong bayside streetsmall alleyhoan kiem lakehotel is locatedthe hotel staffwater puppet showsister hotelvisiting hanoiclean hotelnight marketairport pickheartvietnamsapataxi
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay, and was very impressed. This was my first experience of staying in a boutique hotel, i am cabin crew (flight attendant) with an international airline based in the Middle East, so for the past 7 years ive been travelling the world and pratically living in hotels such as like the hilton, marriott etc. The service at the Calypso was fantastic and had such a personal touch. I received an email shotly after booking from Mr Kevin who was able to arrange airport transfers in advance of my arrival. I arrived at the hotel 4 hours prior to standard check in time, however, was given my room straight away. Before travelling i had organised a trip to Ha Long bay through a website online, when i arrived at the hotel Mr Kevin informed me he would be able to do the same trip but for 70 us dollars cheaper! luckily i was able to cancel my online reservation and book through the hotel. Upon arrival a welcome drink was provided and full details of what sightseeing is available. As i had not taken a laptop with me i was provided with one to take to my room and use at no extra cost. The rooms were very clean with tasteful decor,a complimentary plate of fruits were provided in my room each day. As the hotel is down a side street there was no street noise whatsoever. All the staff were very friendly and always smiling...Best service i have ever received and would definately reccomend staying here

Room Tip: book a superior room on a higher floor so that you have a view of the city
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel, although a 3 star, its service was really excellent and worth a 5 star service. What you have to do in Vietnam is to buy a sim card. First there was a problem but immediately everybody looked out after my cell phone to work properly. Also, when we just arrived at the hotel at 6:00 p.m. in the morning, we had breakfast although it wasn't included. When we organized the tour with the hotel, they didn't mind to let us use another room after 12:00 to take a shower because to go to sapa the night train was just at 20:30. Then the doorkeeper accompagnied us to the night train to arrange a taxi and to buy the ticket trains and we were actually escorted to the train! The same for coming back! If I have any critic to say it's that although they are very kind, I always wonder if it's really genuine. But they are always making an effort to please you in every way they can.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel is down an alley, and fairly quiet. Living 4th and 6th floor was great, no street noise. FREE WIFI in all rooms were provided.
The service was very excellent, receptionists were very helpful (forgot to bring the iphone travel charger, they used their computer to charge it with me), friendlly with always smiles and we got great tips about Hanoi. We got an upgrade of room on first day from our trip.
They spoke perfect English and suggested restaurants and places to visit with a welcome drink.
Breakfast was excellent, liked a 5-stars hotel chef, many options to select !
BEST VALUE for money and EXTREMELY Recommended !!!

Room Tip: 6th floor was great, no street noise. Please ask 1st, can FREE upgraded to big room if have !
1  Thank Felix P
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We arrived in Calypso legend hotel at night when everything around was dark, closed and a bit scary. When you walk down the dark narrow alley at night you feel like you must be in the wrong place but suddenly it appears with its bight white and red colors, beautifully designed, and immediately you feel you've chosen the right place to stay.
Extremely friendly staff that offer to help with anything they can. We were upgraded both times (before and after halong bay and sapa) to the 6th floor overlooking the rooftops of Hanoi. The location is great - a few minutes walk from the lake, the travel agencies and the night market. All around are colorful shops and markets. The rooms have a very nice and modern design and are very comfortable.
We had a fantastic time here and greatly recommend staying there.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel is down an alley, and fairly quiet. 4th and 6th floor was great, no street noise. FREE WIFI in all rooms were provided.
Breakfast was exactly good too, liked a 5-stars hotel, many options to select! As I was birthday on last day trip, I get a small birthday cake in the morning during breakfast, all staffs were singing a birhtday song to celerbate with me, very warm and fantastic memory will never forget !
Very good value for money and Very Very Highly Recommended !!!

Room Tip: 6th floor was great, no street noise.
2  Thank Felix P