“Boring”

Ranked #10 of 284 things to do in Hanoi
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Focused on the contribution of women to Vietnam's history and culture, this museum highlights their roles in Vietnam's many military conflicts as well as in commerce, including features on female street vendors, women's role in the family, and more recently, single mothers in Vietnam.
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I had high hopes for this museum due to it's high ratings on TA. I'm a reader and I love learning new things but I found this to be boring and lacking any exciting information. The women in war display was probably the most interesting but the rest I could take or leave. The museum is well set out though and there is a lot of general information and displays so I'm sure others may enjoy it, it just wasn't for me.

2  Thank MzTaylor88

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This museum is well worth a visit and a really good complement to the Museum of Ethnology. There is interesting AV material and a wide range of displays.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The most amazing collection of traditional and modern women's clothing to rival the New York Met in beauty. The tradition ethnic and aodai are represented but then there are innovative designs I would wear and treasure! I found great design both in fashion and fabrics in Vietnam and that should be an exhibit. It has two floors illustrating women's lives historically. Difficult, hard working, family focused lives. Many were warriors through the last 200 years as men disappeared. It's an in and out but worth the time

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The exhibits are well curated and focus well on the Vietnamese women: how they work and get married. My favorite is the top most exhibit with a collection of the amazing traditional dresses. Because of this, I bought myself a hand made skirt with a batik print!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The museum was okay. It told about the lifestyle of traditional Vietnamese women, and their roles in everyday life and during wartime. It is worth a look if you are in the area.