“Wonderful ! A unique way to discover Vietnam”

Zoom Zoom Let's Go to the Countryside - Day Tours
Ranked #66 of 520 Outdoor Activities in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the Real Vietnam- Explore Hanoi and travel to the countryside around Hanoi and in Northern Vietnam. Think of it as an unique way to learn about Vietnamese culture and life.
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I fully recommend Zoom Zoom trips if you want to discover a different side of Vietnam, especially if you like adventure travels ! I went to Tam Quoc Ninh Binh, to Sapa and the surroundings (including Fansipan climb) and to Y ti (ricefields and chinese border) with Zoom and it was amazing because she made us discover hidden places, where you can never meet another tourist. She customized the whole trip for my family and also for my friends, and everything went perfectly because she can deal with a lot of situation, and she is really easy going and careful. She always made sure that we had the best deal for every accomodation, restaurants etc..even for the small gifts we bought at the market ! Even though I live in Hanoi, I always plan my trips in the countryside with Zoom because I know that I will able to do something different than what other travel agents can offer, and mostly because I entirely trust her ! I know that she will care and try to find the best for us.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I participated in one of Zoom’s cooking classes when visiting Hanoi with my family. First of all Hanoi is a great city and I highly recommend visiting. There is plenty to do for entertainment, and plenty of great food to be had. Even the random street side vendors serve up delicious food for CHEAP. To me experiencing the cuisine of a place is an important part of experiencing the culture, and this is why we chose to take part in a local cooking class.

Zoom, who came highly recommended by a friend living in Vietnam, is an excellent hostess and instructor. The class was fun, lively and informative. We began by procuring some of the necessary ingredients at a nearby market, which was a unique experience itself. Zoom showed us around the market and explained what all the different produce was – some of which we had never seen before. After we had everything we needed we headed back to the kitchen to put together the meal. Zoom clearly instructed how to prepare each dish, one by one, as we all cooked together. We made about five dishes total (one of which was these Northern Vietnam style eggrolls that I can’t get enough of). After we were done we of course consumed the fruits of our labor -- fantastic! She also provided us with the recipes so that we could make them back home. It was a great experience and maybe one of the best things we did while in the country.

If you have the time, I would definitely add this to your list of things to do!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Zoom brought a lot of unique Vietnam flavour to our evening in Hanoi. I was traveling with a friend, and Zoom showed us around in Hanoi one night, that is we ended up in the coolest places we would never have found without a local guide.

Her curious character and ability to connect with people, as well as fluent English, make it easy to enjoy the time, and learn a lot about Vietnam life just as an extra.

Personally, I like to discover stuff, and sometimes the most efficient way is to take a guide, if you only have a couple of days and want to see a lot. Then again, it always feels odd having someone babysitting you -- but exactly this won't happen with Zoom, most likely you will feel like you just bumped into another traveler .. that happens to be very knowledgeable about the country ; ) Couldnt ask for a better experience!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great memories with a great girl !! Zoom is full of energy and of good ideas, she is never tired and can handle absolutely everything -she is the perfect traveller ! A lot of originality in her trips. I had an amazing time thanks to her, hiking to the top of the Fansipan was a big challenge and we did it !!! :)
Cheers girl !

1  Thank Nelly R
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had zoom as a cooking instructor, and she was fantastic. She exposed me to authentic Vietnamese dishes, spoke great English, and was extremely helpful and friendly!

Zoom also showed me around Hanoi and gave me a great "insider" perspective of the city, taking me to the local beer bars with .25 cent beers! She's a great tour guide and I recommend her to anyone.

2  Thank Paul G