“Clean Modern Hotel And Helpful Staff”
Review of Hanoi Glance Hotel

Hanoi Glance Hotel
Ranked #60 of 592 Hotels in Hanoi
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Clean Modern Hotel And Helpful Staff”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

we had a wonderful stay at the Hanoi Glance Hotel ,the hotel staff are very helpful and friendly ,the hotel very clean and modern ,hotel is just located in the middle of Hanoi old Quarter , the location is very good and easily to walk around the street from the hotel , the street are very quiet at night . we are 100% recommendable to this hotel .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was recently in Hanoi just for a day. For 21 years travelled in Germany, France, Canada, the US, the Caribbean, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Egypt, Marocco and Poland. This was a very cozy hotel in the middle of Hanoi's Old Quarter, on a street that is lively in the daytime and quiet at night. My room on the third floor was spacious and nicely appointed. Everything inside the room was well-designed, new, and clean. But the best of this hotel indeed is its friendly staff. All speak English rather fluently, and take trouble to explain at length . Charming, genuine and helpful, these young people are really going out of their way to meet and exceed everyone's expectations. The car that they sent to the airport on a short notice was clean and the driver was friendly. My suit and my dress shirt were already ironed by the time I returned to the room after having a coffee next door, and when I returned to my room in the evening after a dragged-out, boring negotiation, a basket of fresh fruit and a bottle of good red wine were waiting in the room. I did not drink the wine, but I surely appreciated the gesture. When I was leaving early next morning , staff members came out to the sidewalk to see me to the car and to say good-bye. That was very touching. Thank you indeed for making my visit to Hanoi so heartwarming and special.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Denis K
Draper, Utah, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The rooms are very nice, clean, and modern. Hot water, air conditioning, television, wifi all worked great. We really liked the breakfast, which had a number of western and Vietnamese choices, lots of fruit, yogurt, etc.

The staff was extremely helpful. We went to both Sapa and Halong Bay, and in both cases, we were able to store our luggage at the hotel without any problems. Late one night, I needed an adapter for the Vietnamese electrical outlets, and the bellman ran out on his motorbike to buy one for me, and I just had to pay him back what he had paid for the adapter. He also helped me purchase and get my Vietnamese SIM card working in my phone. The hotel also arranged for us to be picked up at the airport for a reasonable charge (from what I read on the internet we basically paid pretty much the going rate for the ride, but we had somebody waiting for us holding a sign with our name on it instead of having to figure out how to avoid getting scammed by a taxi as we arrived in Vietnam).

The location is right in the heart of the old town in Hanoi, so that was perfect for us.

All in all, this was a great way to start our 3 week trip to Vietnam because we had a really nice room to get over our jet lag in, and the hotel had very helpful staff to help us get started in Vietnam. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jon O
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had a great stay at the HGH. Excellent location in the Old Quarter, the street is pretty quiet. Our room was very clean, we had a problem with the shower and was fixed it immediately. Breakfast is both western and vietnamese. The staff is very kind and professional. 100% Recommendable!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at a few similarly priced hotels in Hanoi. So far Hanoi glance has been my favoured place. This is a new hotel so it's very clean, modern and comfortable. It's located in the old quarter which is a beautiful part of hanoi, you can walk around the old quarter easily from the hotel. Its very quiet at night with compfy beds making a good night's sleep easily had. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful and professional. There was an issue with my booking over the Internet, the receptionist quickly dealt with it and gave me a better room at a cheaper price. I will stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank dwt991
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel and worthed in detail.Our room was surprisingly modern and lovely. Breakfast with great choices with Vietnamese Food. The location of hotel was center and conveniently walked out for local trendy.

• Stayed October 2013
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The staff are young , enthusiastic, competent and caring. I wasn't well for part of our stay and appreciated the care and assistance given to me. We stayed before and after our Halong Bay and SaPa visits and the staff were happy to help with suggestions of where to visit and eat and to organize trips each time. The Glance Hotel's location is convenient but quiet. Breakfasts were delicious with a good variety to choose from and the rooms beautifully decorated and comfortable. Thank you for making our stay so special and we will recommend you to friends planning to visit

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple