“Amazing!!”

Hanoi Serendipity Hotel
Ranked #80 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights and it's everything you need - great location, clean and well maintained rooms, excellent breakfast with plenty of options. The staff went above and beyond - always ready to help and give guidance. For the price it's an absolute steal!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katherineh296

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We staid in this hotel for few days. The rooms are basic, but specious and clean ( there is a laptop with an internet connection in each room). The hotel is situated in the Old Quarter, only 5 min walk to the lake. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They arranged our tour to Halong Bay, which was great and cheaper than if you book it via travel agency. Definitely a good value for the money (around 25 $ a night for double room). Breakfast is included.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julia R
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Sweet and helpful staff - they were awesome, great buy for the money - I doubt you will find better, and central to the city. heck the breakfast was worth the price of the room. They know the city and can't do enough to help you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeffrey M
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Had a nice stay here. I was staying on the First Floor and that can be noisy! I Could hear the phone ring from the reception but at night they switch the sound off (or nobody called). You can also hear people at breakfast talking.
For me this was no problem, so I did not complain about it.
Just mentioning it, if you stay here, and I would recommand it! , keep it in mind. You can ask for a room on a higher floor. There is a lift!

The service was great! Friendly, Nice breakfast, helpful with tours. They're not pushing you to book a tour.
I booked a 1 day halong Bay tour with them and it was perfect. Max 25 on the boat.

If you're looping for a Nice hotel in the old quarter, I would stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Chrisje29
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed in nine different hotels/homestays/overnight boats/bungalows, etc. while on our trip to Vietnam and Serendipity was our favorite. We'd booked a private room at a well-known hostel nearby to try to save money, but after one night we couldn't stand staying there another. We took one look at the spotlessly-clean, fresh rooms that easily measure up to Western hotel standards (which we rarely find) and booked it at a cost LESS than what we paid at the hostel. It included a great, freshly-cooked breakfast (the staff told us we can order however many options we wanted!) with Vietnamese coffee. The location is good, walking distance to the lake, the Old Quarter, and other tourist attractions. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. We felt spoiled staying at the Serendipity and saved money at the same time, what a great combination!

Read more about the Serendipity and our other hotels, sights, and experiences in Vietnam on our travel blog at www.travel-cowboys.com.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelCowboys
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have come to Hanoi for business and stay in this hotel for three weeks. I really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, the professionalism of the staff, the quick responsiveness to issues related to my visit to the country, the clean and quite indoors and even the comfortable desk ideal for writing my professional reports.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank EMICH24
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hanoi Serendipity Hotel for 4 nights in January. With so many choices for hotels in Hanoi, it was really hard to settle on one. However, we were quite pleased with our stay with this hotel and would recommend it to others.
The location of the hotel is fantastic. It is located right in the heart of the Old Quarter, but on a quiet side-street. The roads in Hanoi can be pretty confusing but, regardless of how "lost" we were, we always found our way back to the familiar area of our hotel. A one minute walk down the street leads you right into the heart of the action.
The staff were friendly and hospitable, especially Henry. He helped us arrange a decent 2D1N trip to Halong Bay. Breakfast was good.
The room was basic but clean. The only thing that we were not totally thrilled about were the thin walls. We had a very noisy family staying on the same floor for a couple nights and then a couple young girls blasting music the other nights. I think these incidents were isolated though, as we had a friend staying on another floor who said he didn't hear much.

Room Tip: All rooms seem pretty similar...I don't think any one would have a better view or layout. We had...