“Nice”

Hanoi Serendipity Hotel
Ranked #91 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Had a nice stay here. I was staying on the First Floor and that can be noisy! I Could hear the phone ring from the reception but at night they switch the sound off (or nobody called). You can also hear people at breakfast talking.
For me this was no problem, so I did not complain about it.
Just mentioning it, if you stay here, and I would recommand it! , keep it in mind. You can ask for a room on a higher floor. There is a lift!

The service was great! Friendly, Nice breakfast, helpful with tours. They're not pushing you to book a tour.
I booked a 1 day halong Bay tour with them and it was perfect. Max 25 on the boat.

If you're looping for a Nice hotel in the old quarter, I would stay here.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Chrisje29

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed in nine different hotels/homestays/overnight boats/bungalows, etc. while on our trip to Vietnam and Serendipity was our favorite. We'd booked a private room at a well-known hostel nearby to try to save money, but after one night we couldn't stand staying there another. We took one look at the spotlessly-clean, fresh rooms that easily measure up to Western hotel standards (which we rarely find) and booked it at a cost LESS than what we paid at the hostel. It included a great, freshly-cooked breakfast (the staff told us we can order however many options we wanted!) with Vietnamese coffee. The location is good, walking distance to the lake, the Old Quarter, and other tourist attractions. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. We felt spoiled staying at the Serendipity and saved money at the same time, what a great combination!

Read more about the Serendipity and our other hotels, sights, and experiences in Vietnam on our travel blog at www.travel-cowboys.com.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelCowboys
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I have come to Hanoi for business and stay in this hotel for three weeks. I really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, the professionalism of the staff, the quick responsiveness to issues related to my visit to the country, the clean and quite indoors and even the comfortable desk ideal for writing my professional reports.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank EMICH24
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hanoi Serendipity Hotel for 4 nights in January. With so many choices for hotels in Hanoi, it was really hard to settle on one. However, we were quite pleased with our stay with this hotel and would recommend it to others.
The location of the hotel is fantastic. It is located right in the heart of the Old Quarter, but on a quiet side-street. The roads in Hanoi can be pretty confusing but, regardless of how "lost" we were, we always found our way back to the familiar area of our hotel. A one minute walk down the street leads you right into the heart of the action.
The staff were friendly and hospitable, especially Henry. He helped us arrange a decent 2D1N trip to Halong Bay. Breakfast was good.
The room was basic but clean. The only thing that we were not totally thrilled about were the thin walls. We had a very noisy family staying on the same floor for a couple nights and then a couple young girls blasting music the other nights. I think these incidents were isolated though, as we had a friend staying on another floor who said he didn't hear much.

Room Tip: All rooms seem pretty similar...I don't think any one would have a better view or layout. We had...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JenWoodsCDN
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Very clean, comfortable, good wifi and a pc in every room. Well located. Nice staff, very helpful,and you can print whatever you need. Good breakfast, with a menu and a good cook preparing what you ordered. We booked a tour to Halong Bay but, unfortunately, it was cancelled due to bad weather conditions. Henry gave us most of our money back, only charged us for the transport (we went there and back to Hanoi) and helped us in each and every question we had, with a lot of patience. The transfer to the airport is highly recommended. Congratulations to this pearl of vietnamese hotels.

Raquel, Spain

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank AlpargataOJara
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Really overwhelmed by the warmth and hospitality shown to me by the staff at serendipity. A really great find and will be sure to return. Great trip recommendation to Halong Bay. Rooms are very clean and location is perfect. You're a legend Henry

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank DStretch
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

What makes this place unique is the incredibly helpful staff. Both Henry and Irene were charming. I wasn't feeling well the day I left and was able to stay in the room after chek-out time until my taxi arrived (thank you Irene!). Henry booked all my trips and since my wallet had been stolen and I had to live on emergency cash, I was able to pay everything in one go the day I left. That way, I didn't have the hassle of managing the cash I would need to exchange for every transaction. Conclusion: if it is possible for the Serendipity staff to arrange something (i.e. anything, nearly) for you they will do it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo