Hanoi Serendipity Hotel
    Very Good 4/5
    • Restaurant
    Very Good 4/5
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewshalong baybanana pancakesold quartermadame hientrain stationsister hotelquiet streetclean bathroomstaff was very friendly and helpfulstayed nightsthe hotel staffenjoyed our stayhot waterair conrecommend this hotelbreakfast includedgreat place to stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Really overwhelmed by the warmth and hospitality shown to me by the staff at serendipity. A really great find and will be sure to return. Great trip recommendation to Halong Bay. Rooms are very clean and location is perfect. You're a legend Henry

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
    4  Thank DStretch
    Reviewed March 6, 2014

What makes this place unique is the incredibly helpful staff. Both Henry and Irene were charming. I wasn't feeling well the day I left and was able to stay in the room after chek-out time until my taxi arrived (thank you Irene!). Henry booked all my trips and since my wallet had been stolen and I had to live on emergency cash, I was able to pay everything in one go the day I left. That way, I didn't have the hassle of managing the cash I would need to exchange for every transaction. Conclusion: if it is possible for the Serendipity staff to arrange something (i.e. anything, nearly) for you they will do it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
    4  Thank solotraveler118
    Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great place, clean and good looking. Breakfast is included, and they'll cook something for you. The staff is incredibly helpful and nice, and their English is solid. They will help you book tours and you can pay through them at the end of your stay.
    I highly recommend it!
    One very small caveat: they charged a banking fee which I didn't quite understand or know about until the very end.. but it was only 3% and everything was so great it felt like nothing at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
    5  Thank Corey S
    Reviewed February 8, 2014

Booked this hotel a month ago then a few days before departure was advised to book taxi from airport I e-mailed. Hotel and no problem what so ever taxi was there to meet me Room excellent Staff lovely very pleasant,helpful and informative. also kept our bags whilst we took a trip to Halong Bay Great service.

Margie

Stayed: February 2014
    4  Thank Margie195854
    Reviewed January 24, 2014

Serendipity was excellent. The room was quiet and clean. The best was the location. There's great food all around and you're very close to all the sights. The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay as smooth as possible. You can book all your tours right at the lobby with no worries. Henry is extremely helpful and will take care of you.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo