“Homely Experience”

Ranked #74 of 589 Hotels in Hanoi
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Homely Experience”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had a wonderful time at this hostel, the staff made me feel at home! They helped to arrange train tickets to Sapa, as well as booking a cruise of Halong Bay which delivered exactly what they were selling. Whilst staying at the hotel all transfers were arranged with the hotel which was essential as a lot of taxi companies will rip you off.

Our room was lovely and big. The free breakfast was a great way to start our day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vicky S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I booked 3 nights at this place not really having an idea of how I would need to structure my very short 2 week visit to Vietnam. On the first night, I spoke with the staff behind the desk about what some of my option. He helped me to book my trips to Halong Bay, Sapa, Tom Coc, flights to Hoi An, and Ho Chi Min City. My friend and I were allowed to arrange to only stay for two non-consecutive nights at the hotel. They also let my friend and I use one of the rooms between trips to rest and shower. They took us to the train station and walked us on the train, all the while helping us with our bags. Picked us up from the train station. Everything was arranged and went smoothly. Breakfast was pretty good. $12 a night. Nicest staff ever. Wonderful location. Great experience. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank fenixboi
Pula, Croatia
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at Serendity Hotel in July and very much enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly, Happy, professionel and very helpfull. The rooms were clean, with nice bathroom, tv and overall comfortable. The hotel is just near the Big Lake in the hoan kiem district in Hanoi. The noise from all the motorbikes are limited from the street and the area is packed with local good restaurants and street kitchens. Only positive things to say :) Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Sara K
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hotel staff very helpful, couldn't fault them. They suggested different tours and a timeline for me. The room was very clean . Great to have somewhere to go after back from Sapa- breakfast and shower before leaving Hanoi. Hotel is in good position, quiet street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Penny J
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Like the two reviews below, I can't recommend this place enough. Very helpful staff particularly the woman at reception during the day.

The room was clean and tidy and they cleaned it upon request. Good tv with many channels. Most rooms have a computer, unfortunately ours didn't.

Breakfast was included and excellent. Pick from a menu with about 10 options, all made to order and you could have as much as you want.

Would recommend!

1 Thank JaggySnake
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We booked into another hotel in Hanoi but got absolutely messed around so we randomly found Serendipity Hotel after reading a few reviews. We walked over as it was close to our own hotel and was greeted with a very smiley and helpful lady who worked there. She was our point of call for the next week we ended up staying. There was no hesitation in showing us the room beforehand. We promptly decided we would stay and moved our luggage across (they booked and paid for a taxi for us).

We ended up staing in Hanoi for longer than we had thought and the hotel accommodated us. The service of the staff was impecible, the 'buffet breakfast' was a nice touch, the staff and manager provide you with honest advice which is much appreciated when you are surrounded by tourist scams.

I would stay there again if I was to visit Hanoi again. I would recommend to my friends and family.

Nice little surprise in Hanoi :)

1 Thank Veena M
Reviewed August 13, 2013

From the very start, the staff at Serendipity were nothing but helpful, professional and friendly.

After I had a bike crash, they pulled strings so that I wouldn't have to move room, as had planned to check out the next day.

They offered accurate and honest advice on a daily basis.

The rooms are big and clean and the WiFi is fantastic throughout the hotel.

The mix and match breakfast option is a very nice touch and just drives home the point that they are all about the customer.

Nothing bad to say about them at all!

1 Thank jgimble