“Tremendous value for money”

Hanoi Meracus Hotel 2
Ranked #24 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had an incredible stay at the Meracus 2. First I was planing to stay at the Sofitel but my boyfriend strongly suggested this hotel to save some money. I went with his suggestion despite really looking forward to staying at the Sofitel. I felt really let down and skeptical because I wasn't getting a 5 star hotel but boy I was wrong.

First off, this hotel has a fantastic location in the Old Quarter. This is both a positive and a negative since the streets are very noisy, something even the hotel's double glazing couldn't help. Our suite was on the top floor which helped. However, we weren't particularly bothered - it's Hanoi after all.

The room (junior suite) is very well decorated and spacious. There is a free daily fruit basket, still water, coffee and tea which I really enjoyed. The toilet amenities are also great and plentiful. The bed is very comfortable and we especially love the pillows!

The service is out of the world. We've stayed at 5 star hotels in various places and Meracus service is better than the majority of them. Every single staff here is VERY attentive and willing to help you in whatever you need. We really felt like being pampered. Again, for this price, who would expect this?

The team also helped us checking and booking everything with insightful information. They had good prices all around besides private car hire, which most hotels overcharge for anyway. Everyone speaks English very well.

The breakfast was very impressive and well-prepared. It's served on an a-la-carte basis (which we strongly prefer nowadays) with everything you can ask for. There's everything from Vietnamese breakfast, Indonesian, Japanese to continental and Thai. A lot to choose from an the quality was impeccable. The French toast was brilliant. Great yogurt too, which isn't always the case in Asia.

The whole hotel feels intimate, personal and friendly. Nice to see reasonable mini-bar prices for once. No one was being pushy about the tips too but I have seldom felt so inclined to tip. The boys and girls in this hotel really deserve it.

We're super impressed!!! and I'm glad I didn't go for a pricier option even though we could have.

Room Tip: Go for the suite.

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is worth recommending if you at looking for a true Hanoi experience. The staff are very attentive to meet your needs and you have a full range of different type of breakfast you can choose from "all you can eat"!!! All rooms are elegantly decorated. If you would like to experience the true buzzing sound of Hanoi Old Quarter, choose a room at the front side of the building with balcony. Otherwise, choose a room at the back side is equally good if you want absolutely quiet time. I stayed in both types of rooms which provide different experience. Meracus is a very warm hotel and I will would recommend to any one who want to try a local brand.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff and accommodations at this hotel were superb, without qualifications. The area is somewhat quieter than other areas (although much of Hanoi's Old Quarter is a sea of honking motorbikes and cars and lacking sidewalks). It is very near a beautiful cathedral and several excellent restaurants. Coming back to the Meracus Hotel 2 after a busy day was a real pleasure, both because the staff were so excellent and attentive, but because the room as nicely appointed and very comfortable.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better. The back rooms may not have views, but they are quieter. The front...
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Our Hanoi honeymoon was excellence and couldn't be better without the help of Meracus Hotel 2.

Our Hotel Stay & Staff : As part of our last-minute honeymoon on 1 March, my wife and I was almost late in trying to secure a night before our flight. Meracus 2 helped us reserved a night and kept us in communication (with address/advisory) even before our departure.

The amazing experience right when we entered the boutique hotel. The furnishing was modern and cosy. Ginger tea was served to warm us as Michael helped check us into the hotel. The staff was helpful and even brought our luggage up to our hotel without hesitation.

We departed the next day to our 2D/1N Halong Bay Cruise and came back on the 3rd. All the staff seemed to remember us by names and kept checking if we enjoyed our trip. We reserved a separate a 3D/2N accomodation of Meracus 2 stay was also promptly recorded. Anna & Hermes were helpful to make our stay and trip memorable. My wife and I were surprised and touched when we entered our suite to see it beautifully decorated with balloons, flower petals, even a cake for our honeymoon.Everyday at Meracus 2 seems to be a surprise. On the last night, we even received 2 box of traditional wedding rice cake on our bed for sweet dreams.

Other Notes: Meracus 2 is a small boutique hotel with no more than 15 rooms. While it does not have the grandeurs of space, it prides itself in the attention and service , which exceed even most 5 star hotels in any other countries I've visited. The breakfast (Ala Cart - Buffet ) serves one of the best Egg Benedict/ French Toast and also Pho Beef than anywhere else ) So order more and eat all you. can.

Location wise is amazingly convenient and near most of the attraction. It's a short walk to the old quarters, and walk able to the Hoan Kiem lake ( 5-10 min). The address is easy to find (for taxi ) and not as messy/crowded as the old quarters.

Special thanks to Michael / Anna / Hermes & the porter who went all out to help us make the whole stay so amazing. You guys have been great help to us :) Thank You !

Room Tip: The deluxe room at the 7th floor is great. With windows and more. The lift reach only the 6th floor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
HungMeracus, Customer Service Manager at Hanoi Meracus Hotel 2, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Our Valued Guests,

We cannot believe that you have been so impressed and a lot of thrilling compliments were written down for all the good things of our Meracus Hotel 2, and you even went to the details to praise particular staff members. On behalf of the whole team and certain people (you mentioned above), we sincerely thank you for such a priceless, kind and touching encouragement which is truly, as we know, from your heart.

Providing a consistent and high level of service is one of our top priorities and receiving comments such as yours on our service levels makes us feel proud and motivated. We are glad you left with fond memories of your time with us.
We also feel so thankful for spending your honeymoon at our hotel. Your satisfaction is our greatest reward and a such important orientation for Meracus’ enhancement, that’s why we are always listening. And our commitment to guests is making even better jobs than the best to ensure the trustful quality of services.

Again, please receive the heartfelt thanks from all the staff in our hotel. It is always a great pleasure having you with us and we look forward to your future visits for another excellent experience.

Yours in service,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

From the minute we arrived we were welcomed into this lovely hotel and escorted up to our suite. Wow! Impecibly clean with comfortable beds and every amenity you would expect from a top hotel . All of the staff are very attentive, polite and extremely well trained. Breakfast is excellent and individually cooked. The Hotel Manager, Hermes, went out of his way to make our stay in Hanoi memorable. The best hotel we have stayed at in Vietnam and a welcome end to our stay here.

For two ladies travelling on their own I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Dorothy J and Mary R

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Breakfast is a la carte served in a small dining room behind the reception desk, don't let this fool you. At the end of the room is a door behind which lurk chefs ready to cook for you whatever your heart desires. I feel really sorry for people who come here and "don't do breakfast" they are truly missing a treat. The breakfast menu has on one side a list of traditional Vietnamese breakfast food, above which are two Japanese breakfasts one of which includes 100 year old egg (not a whole one as I guess there aren't too many around). On the other side of the menu is a list of international breakfast dishes including all the western favourites along with selections from China, Indonesia, Korea, Mexico and one or two others I have forgotten. Additionally there are fruit platters and different types of yogurts, pastries, breads and of course that wonderful Vietnamese coffee. Being at this hotel only long enough for three breakfasts I had to plan my assault on the menu with military precision to ensure I didn't miss anything. Yes, the breakfast here is spectacular and you can have as much of anything and everything as you want! The only comment I would make is that the portion of bacon served with the eggs (cooked to your choice), which I saw no reason to sample given the other delights on offer, seemed a bit meagre but then you can always ask for more so no worries there. All the food was fresh, cooked to order (except the 100 year old egg I presume), beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. The portions were of a size where one could easily manage four of five dishes at a sitting which was very fortunate indeed as it provided the opportunity to sample a good range of wonderfully prepared Vietnamese and international dishes. As the food is cooked to order don't arrive expecting to dine and dash, if you have a deadline I suggest you get up early so as not to miss anything.
Our room was really very nice indeed. Very comfortable, spacious, clean and well appointed with a very comfortable bed, just perfect said Goldilocks, and a great en-suite that included a real power shower. We were on the side of the hotel which had a balcony when actually my wife would have much preferred the bath that the room on the other side of the hotel had but in the end it's not a big deal.
Staff were all absolutely wonderful, nothing was too much trouble and they really did go out of their way to make sure that everything within their control was done to make our stay as good as it could possibly be. Polite, charming, kind, efficient, professional, running out of adjectives but all are deserved, and more.
The hotel is very well located in Hanoi to get almost everywhere you may wish to go on foot and for those places that weren't taxis were quickly summoned.
On my wife's birthday we returned to find the room full of balloons, rose petals and a cake. A very nice, unexpected touch and typical of the thoughtfulness and generosity of the staff.
I cannot praise this hotel highly enough and will definitely stay here next time I am in Hanoi; if you are fully booked can I at least come for breakfast? Please?

Room Tip: Suites on one side have a balcony and on the other have a bath in the space where the balcony would...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank felipehavana
Reviewed February 18, 2014

From the moment we checked in at the hotel. Everybody was so welcome. We served hot ginger tea right away. The people who work here are very hard workers and service minded.

The location is great and the breakfast a la carte is excellent.
The rook we booked 1 family room and 1 deluxe room were clean and nice decorations.

Thank you again for making our stay a pleasant one!
Bangkok

Room Tip: Room in the back is more quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family