“Outstanding value”

Ranked #22 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
Melbourne, Australia
“Outstanding value”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights after booking hotel on the internet. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the beautiful room, the service and the outstanding breakfast that was served each morning. The location was very good and we were able to walk to a lot of tourist sights very easily - it is not too far from the cathedral, temple of literature and the lake. We stayed in a number of places in Cambodia, Lao and Vietnam on our holiday and this was the best. Great value for money

Room Tip: Small hotel- most rooms would be the same I would imagine
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Johnnio
HungMeracus, Customer Service Manager at Hanoi Meracus Hotel 2, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Our Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so thrilled to hear you took advantage of our central location, satisfied with thoughtful staff, enjoyed delicious breakfast...and that overall you had a fantastic experience.

The wonderful thing about being prized on TripAdvisor is that it introduces our small hotel to thousands of travelers looking for a unique experience. Your comment has sparked an useful image regarding the best way for other travellers to find our ideal hotel where we want to ensure that all of our guests feel welcome and at home on our rooftop.

Thank you again for your remarks as they are helpful insights.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future when again we can give you the flawless service you deserve.

Yours in service,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed in Hanoi a few days and had made a booking following Trip advisor's reviews. I had been recommended the Intercontinental but since I went there on holidays, I decided to save some bucks. I haven't been disappointed at all. The hotel is super small and does not look super luxurious but I paid about 35 euros for a luxury room and that has nothing to envy to these big hotels. The bed was super comfortable, the room decorated with taste. They provided complimentary drinks and fruits (tea/coffee/mangos/bananas, etc.) and a complimentary laptop in the room which I thought was a great idea. The room was spacious and really quiet (well the only thing missing was a window on the outside: a bit unpleasant for claustrophobes maybe, but great to rest). The breakfast was absolutely great as well. A really pleasant surprise! Also I thought that mybe it was standart in Vietnam but I went back to Hanoi and a friend of mine had booked another hotel in a slightly cheaper price range but the other hotel was TERRIBLE in comparison. So yes, would definitely recommend Meracus 2!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ulyssa2020
Reviewed August 31, 2013

After back packing through south east Asia for a month we decided to treat ourselves to one night of luxury, and Meracus certainly provided this. Upon arrival we were greeted by amazingly friendly staff who made us feel at home and provided us with a free drink, and then we were then upgraded to the best suite in the hotel (free of charge). The room was impeccable and there was everything that we needed. An amazing breakfast was also provided the next day. This hotel is definitely value for money and it was a pleasure to stay here. They are a credit to the hotel industry!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Livvy_mcgreavy
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I can't say enough wonderful things about this lovely hotel! I was in Hanoi for two weeks for work, and was originally put up in an enormous 5-star hotel that had plenty of amenities but zero personality. I wanted something a bit cozier for my few weeks there, and a co-worker recommended Meracus 1 and 2. I am so glad that he did! Everything the other reviewers say is true. The rooms are clean and beautiful, the breakfast is delicious, the location is right in the center of things. And the staff. The staff! So thoughtful and genuine. There was always someone to help me hail a taxi, make a phone call, or recommend the best places to go. They kept their breakfast service open even when I woke up late, and when I couldn't find a mailing tube to keep some posters safe on the plane ride home, someone offered to pick one up on her way to work the next day. She did, and it made my day.

While many Meracus guests are in Vietnam for pleasure, I found it to be an excellent place for a solo business traveler. There was reliable internet so I could skype with no problem. And when I left my personal laptop in the office one day, it was a huge relief to have the in-room laptop to use for the night. The breakfast was also a huge plus -- it was not only convenient but a relaxing way to start the day.

For those who can't bear to take a break from being active, don't let the fact that there is no gym deter you. There is a yoga studio a short walk away from the hotel that had great classes (Zenith Yoga). The hotel is also very near hoan kiem lake, which is a great, safe place for a run.

Thank you, Meracus 2, for taking such good care of me! I hope to be back soon xx

Room Tip: Front rooms have lovely balconies, but are not recommended for light sleepers as Hanoi wakes up brig...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BlancaNieves33
HungMeracus, Customer Service Manager at Hanoi Meracus Hotel 2, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Our Valued Guest,

First and foremost, we are so overwhelmed with happiness to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Meracus hotel 2 ! It's grateful to have your co-worker's recommendation about our hotel and your lovely decision to choose us. Truly, we are also thrilled to learn of your wonderful experience with us. At Meracus hotel 2, all our guests are of top most importance to us which is why we do our best to get to know each guest to create a personalised and hassle-free experience for each guest.
Especially, how amazing it is to know that your heart was touched by the genuinely warmth from all staff in our hotel and it made your feeling as 'your home away from home'

Our hotel is indeed as you described a great location to unwind and escape the busy hustle and bustle of the crowds even though it is just minutes away from The Sword lake. Thanks for your kindness to mention about the useful Yoga class near our hotel for other guests.

Again, thank you so much for your words of praise and recommendation. We do hope you will be returning to Meracus hotel 2 again soon.

We wish you all the best!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Big and clean room. Worth every cent of my money. More like a 5* hotel than the rating they were given. The staffs are very nice and always willing to help u. The location is great. Just a few mins to the shopping areas.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank FaizalPaul
Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 17, 2013

When I read on Booking.com that Meracus Hotel 2 was a 10, I had to try it. I have to say I was not disappointed, from the moment we stepped into the hotel we were greeted by their excellent staff. Check in was very smooth and easy whilst they served us a welcome drink and cold towels to cool us down. We stayed in a family room on the second floor, the room was large with separate sitting area, flat screen TV and comfortable beds. The room had beautiful fresh flowers and fresh fruit basket daily. In all honesty the room was more like a 5 star hotel room. Breakfast at Meracus 2 was delightful, not the usual buffet but alcarte. The food was tasty and well displayed and you get to choose as much as you want from a large selection on the menu, again more 5 star quality rather than the 3 star. The hotel is well situated near to the lake in the old quarter of Hanoi with all its restaurant's and small bars to choose from. Meracus 2 is a real gem and thoroughly deserves its 10 status.

Room Tip: Like most hotels in Hanoi the streets are bustling with lots of motor bike noise, therefore if you a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Alan C
HungMeracus, Customer Service Manager at Hanoi Meracus Hotel 2, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Our Valued Guests,

Thank you for highly recommending our hotel to the netizens and your good words about our A la cart breakfast, facilities, location and staff service are much appreciated. Especially what's a pride when you rated our hotel's quality as 5 star hotel and highlighted our marks 10 on Booking.com

Our ultimate goal is to constantly create truly memorable experiences where all our customers feel delighted, treasured and enriched, and we are proud to have employees whose caring attitude consequently attracts our guests to return. Your supportive feedback gives us great encouragement and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Meracus hotel 2.

Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is an incredible hotel and a hidden gem of Ha Noi. Ha Noi Hotels are know for being competitive, but this hotel goes out of its way to top them all. You will find wonderful breakfast with high quality, elegant, delicious food catered just for you in fresh setting. The service is a 5-star style, with personal care and you will be recognized by name, not just clients. The people of its staff are beautiful, elegant, courteous, and very helpful. I am quite sure this quality is extended to its "relative" Meracus 1.
Will stay again next time I go in Ha Noi.

Room Tip: Get their executive suite, it is absolutely worth the money!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple