“Perfect Hotel in Hanoi”

Ranked #23 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Sydney
“Perfect Hotel in Hanoi”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here a few months ago and when we went this time, I thought I would try another hotel that was a bit cheaper. After one night at this other hotel, I was promptly on the phone to Meracus 2 to book a room. This hotel is simply fantastic. The staff are really helpful, the rooms are large, the beds are the most comfortable I have slept in away from home, the pillows are so good I tried to track down the store and buy some to take home and the breakfasts are a mix of tasty and plentiful Western and Vietnamese foods. They best part is they cook it to order so it always tastes fresh and delicious. You must try the french toast it was an absolute winner! Meracus provide laptops in the room which is fantastic to do some extra research while you are there. We had a room with a balcony and whilst the early morning wake to the street announcements on one day was a bit different, having a balcony to sit and look out over the people and traffic was a really nice way to relax between adventures. Meracus organised a private tour for us one day and it was professional, efficient and really informative. There is nothing I would improve and staying here will guarantee the best possible holiday.

Room Tip: street facing rooms are a bit noiser but the natural light and views over the streets are worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank sjcolbert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sippy Downs, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very impressed with this hotel, lovely bed and the laptop in the room was a nice bonus.
Great breakfast, loved that you could choose your own from the menu, would definitely stay here again! Great location, and the room at the top was worth the extra cost, very quiet.

Room Tip: Get the top room, a little more expensive, but very quiet!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jas_eve
Helsinki
Reviewed July 15, 2013

What a service this place provides! They booked train and Halong bay cruise tickets, took care of airport transfers, let us take a shower between the cruise and train, provided breakfast bags for our early flight home and always with a smile. We actually stayed there twice because the first stay was so nice.

The room was beautiful (triple) and balcony nice. Very good location. Breakfast was a la carte with good selection and tasty, best we had in Vietnam. Free wifi and also a laptop for use in room. Beautiful and clean bathroom.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hippo04
HungMeracus, Customer Service Manager at Hanoi Meracus Hotel 2, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Our Valued Guests,

Thank you for your compliments of Meracus hotel 2, we are pleased to learn that our hospitality and friendly service made you feel enjoyable during your staying.

Sincerely, all staff of our hotel was concerned of the best convenience for you and what we should do to make your vacation remarkably enjoyable , and as a result, every single detail needed to be well done as much as possible.
Your continued patronage is valuable to us and we very much appreciate your feedback and insights. Whilst it is good to know that you were generally happy with accommodation facilities, hotel services, but especially the breakfast food as well.

Once again, we thank you very much for your great support to our establishment, and we are looking forward to welcoming you anytime you return to Hanoi.

Your in service,
Essex
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I had a truly amazing stay at the Meracus 2 Hotel during our stay in Hanoi.
We stayed here twice in between a marvellous trip to Halong Bay (which the hotel helped arrange).
We had a deluxe room and we thought the price extremely reasonable, considering the standard of the room and the location.
I just wish we could have stayed longer. The staff were very friendly, the bell boys, receptionists, people in the kitchen. Everyone made this a good experience. Hopefully one day we can return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EssexMovers
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My friends and I used Hanoi as a home base while traveling through southeast Asia. Meracus 2 was a wonderful place to call "home" for a couple of weeks. The rooms are clean and pretty spacious. The staff is absolutely delightful and so helpful. I would HIGHLY recommend staying here- we loved it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TCronin06
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The service is what makes this hotel. I stayed here for 4 days with my girlfriend and we both agreed that it was by far and away the best hotel we stayed in Vietnam.
After a long flight, we were welcomed with refreshments and cold towels, the checking in was done so effortlessly and we felt relaxed at once. The rooms were perfect and was surprised how big they were.
The location was a perfect base to explore the City and we were looked after by Miss June and Miss Charlene on where to go for food, spa’s, attractions etc…….They really made us feel so welcome.
There best recomendation they gave us had to be 'The water puppets show' and I strongly recomend it to everyone visiting Hanoi. My partner and I were so deeply moved by the afternoon experience that we managed to get tickets for the evening show!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HungMeracus, Customer Service Manager at Hanoi Meracus Hotel 2, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Our Valued Guests,

We cannot believe that you have been so impressed that a lot of thrilling compliments were written down for all the good things of our Meracus Hotel 2, and you even went to the details to praise particular staff members. On behalf of the whole team and certain people (you mentioned above), we sincerely thank you for such a priceless, kind and touching encouragement which is truly, as we know, from your heart.

It’s really a fantastic feeling to know that what we have made your holiday comfortable and memorable in deed by our recommendations for attractions, food and tours….Vice versa, we also had a great opportunity to meet courteous, lovely and friendly guests like you and your gorgeous girlfriend, that’s highly significant to us.

We also feel so thankful for your highlight about our service. And our commitment to guests is making even better jobs than the best to ensure the trustful quality of services. Absolutely, the guests’ feedbacks like yours are such important orientations for Meracus’ enhancement, that’s why we are always listening.

Once again, we appreciate everything you have shared with us very much and wish you all good health, good luck and have wonderful trips around the world.

Your in service,
london
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I’d been to Hanoi before and not enjoyed the hotel I’d stayed in but staying at the Meracus 2 was a completely different (better) experience. The rooms were spacious and well decorated , the bed was comfortable and everything spotless. Everything ran smoothly and like others I found the service exceptional!!
All three girls working on reception helped make my stay better – helping with dinner suggestions, my trip to Halong Bay and with the airport transfers, even helping to change my flight details. I cannot praise them high enough………The location is great and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple