“Something Special” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Essex
“Something Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I had a truly amazing stay at the Meracus 2 Hotel during our stay in Hanoi.
We stayed here twice in between a marvellous trip to Halong Bay (which the hotel helped arrange).
We had a deluxe room and we thought the price extremely reasonable, considering the standard of the room and the location.
I just wish we could have stayed longer. The staff were very friendly, the bell boys, receptionists, people in the kitchen. Everyone made this a good experience. Hopefully one day we can return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EssexMovers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My friends and I used Hanoi as a home base while traveling through southeast Asia. Meracus 2 was a wonderful place to call "home" for a couple of weeks. The rooms are clean and pretty spacious. The staff is absolutely delightful and so helpful. I would HIGHLY recommend staying here- we loved it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TCronin06
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

The service is what makes this hotel. I stayed here for 4 days with my girlfriend and we both agreed that it was by far and away the best hotel we stayed in Vietnam.
After a long flight, we were welcomed with refreshments and cold towels, the checking in was done so effortlessly and we felt relaxed at once. The rooms were perfect and was surprised how big they were.
The location was a perfect base to explore the City and we were looked after by Miss June and Miss Charlene on where to go for food, spa’s, attractions etc…….They really made us feel so welcome.
There best recomendation they gave us had to be 'The water puppets show' and I strongly recomend it to everyone visiting Hanoi. My partner and I were so deeply moved by the afternoon experience that we managed to get tickets for the evening show!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HungMeracus, Customer Service Manager at Hanoi Meracus Hotel 2, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Our Valued Guests,

We cannot believe that you have been so impressed that a lot of thrilling compliments were written down for all the good things of our Meracus Hotel 2, and you even went to the details to praise particular staff members. On behalf of the whole team and certain people (you mentioned above), we sincerely thank you for such a priceless, kind and touching encouragement which is truly, as we know, from your heart.

It’s really a fantastic feeling to know that what we have made your holiday comfortable and memorable in deed by our recommendations for attractions, food and tours….Vice versa, we also had a great opportunity to meet courteous, lovely and friendly guests like you and your gorgeous girlfriend, that’s highly significant to us.

We also feel so thankful for your highlight about our service. And our commitment to guests is making even better jobs than the best to ensure the trustful quality of services. Absolutely, the guests’ feedbacks like yours are such important orientations for Meracus’ enhancement, that’s why we are always listening.

Once again, we appreciate everything you have shared with us very much and wish you all good health, good luck and have wonderful trips around the world.

Your in service,
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I’d been to Hanoi before and not enjoyed the hotel I’d stayed in but staying at the Meracus 2 was a completely different (better) experience. The rooms were spacious and well decorated , the bed was comfortable and everything spotless. Everything ran smoothly and like others I found the service exceptional!!
All three girls working on reception helped make my stay better – helping with dinner suggestions, my trip to Halong Bay and with the airport transfers, even helping to change my flight details. I cannot praise them high enough………The location is great and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days during our trip to Vietnam last month, and I have nothing but great things to say about the hotel. Without doubt the best part of the stay was the staff who worked there - from the moment we arrived, we felt welcomed and the receptionists couldn’t have helped more, with where to go and what to do.
The rooms were much bigger than I expected and decorated to a really high standard. The location was ideal and the variety/quality of breakfast was better than I’d seen elsewhere. I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Newmummy
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here at the end of our holiday to Vietnam and I can safely say it was the best hotel we stayed in.
I read the reviews about the staff and how lovely they were but I can’t emphasise enough how helpful they were and how much they made us enjoy the stay in Hanoi.
It’s a great little boutique hotel and everything is decorated to high standard and the rooms are amazing.
There were so many little touches too, fresh fruit in the room, fresh flowers, refreshments on arrival. We loved the location too. Would love to go back one day…..

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Rooms are spacious and clean. Service is excellent. Certainly worth staying in if you are happy to pay the price. location is perfect with a short walk to the lake and shopping.

Great selection for Breakfast that will ensure you are fully fed for a big day ahead in the bustling city

• Stayed July 2013