“Clean, very modern, spacious , great breakfast and helpful staff for first time visitors ..oh and the Penthouse is awesome.”

Hanoi E Central Hotel
Ranked #11 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Forget the rest ! Really , I'm a bit OTT on researching hotels and I can't fault this one. We stayed with another couple , they had the penthouse which was great for balcony and views. We had a deluxe room .. Big, modern, clean ! Cheap ...really ...we ate twice at Metropole which was lovely , especially their signature cocktail, but can't justify the $300 plus plus plus room rate . Great breakfast . Excellent customer service, good laundry and room servicing. Very central but quiet. Staff attention to detail in making bookings and visa online , we booked with them for AUCO cruise and Yen Duc Village 1 night stay , good safe transfers and recommend both as side trips from Hanoi. Also great street food tour through hotel.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The staff was so helpful the entire trip making reservations for us and helping us locate places we wanted to go. They knew our names and greeted us as we came and went. Distraught at the airport after realising that I left my painting in the back window of the taxi, I called the front counter and they already had made arrangements withe the taxi they booked to bring the painting back to them. They gave me options for shipping after taking the time to look that up and had my painting back to me safe and sound within a few days. I could not believe how much trouble they went to for me to make this a wonderful experience! I would highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We came here for a total of three nights. The rooms are clean and of a high standard. The staff are very friendly and always on the lookout for ways to help you. On our last night in Vietnam we booked in at very short notice and they still managed to organise everything we needed. It's in a good location at the bottom of the old town and top of the lake.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We had originally wanted to stay at another more expensive hotel. But after reading the comments by others who have stayed at the Hanoi Elegance Emerald, we chose this hotel. No regrets.
We stayed 2 nights - 10 and 11 May 2014. Booking was easy, check-in and check-out were smooth, the airport pickup service is worth paying, clean room, all amenities provided, free wifi, laptop in the room, etc.
We were most impressed with the service. My friend wanted to purchase chopsticks similar to the ones used in the hotel. The staff went out to buy for her at no charge (we believe 'cause the price is very reasonable).
After we checked out, we were offered a room to shower without charge before we head for the train station to take the night train to Sapa. When we came back from Sapa early morning, we were also given a room to shower free of charge before we flew home.
The next time we come back to Hanoi, we will stay at the Hanoi Elegance.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank SCSeow
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Impressed and pleased to the utmost with this hotel from booking to departure! This is not a 5-star hotel but they make you feel as if you are a 5-star guest. They go the extra 10-miles for their guests and past guests. Mr. Kim Nguyen was fantastic as was the rest of the staff.

Booking and communication was very easy. Clear communication. Not a single problem.

Arranged for private car pickup from the airport. Highly recommend this service. Well worth the price.

Reception was smooth. Very good greeting and the room was ready and cooled off.

Rooms are well equipped and include a laptop for use. Most importantly, the beds are extremely comfortable.

Breakfasts are good and nothing to complain about except being too full to eat for a while.

Location is also good. Very close to Sword Lake (5 min walking).

They helped booking transportation to and from Cat Ba island, transportation between Hue and Hoi An, water puppet show, cyclos, etc. Our primary day in Hanoi was a monday so they diacouraged a booked city tour (too many locations closed).

Worst of all, my wife's phone was either lost or pickpocketed. When we realized it was gone Mr Kim quickly took my wife back to the last locations on his bike. Finally, Mr. Kim followed up with us after check out and assisted with transportation from Hanoi back to the airport for a reasonable fee.

In summary, HEE is a hotel in which you get value twice what you pay for. We will certainly stay at a Elegance Hotel again and we highly recommend them. What is more, they do not constantly pressure you to buy tours from them but they are always ready to assist you with information or tours you ask about.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2014

To start with, the booking of the hotel was a breeze with very efficient feedback from the hotel staff. In fact, HE has the most efficient email replies that I have ever encountered among hotels that I have corresponded with. Multiple hotel bookings at different nights, airport transfer arrangement and Halong bay trips are all settled within less than half a day even when I made mistakes and corrections here and there via emails,

The efficiency followed by the detailed briefing during the check-in for all the activities that we have already booked including the timing for my Halong Bay trip, the airport transfer and the special requests as well as explanation on the local area with a good local map to indicate all the place of interest. All were done with friendly smiles from the staff.

We asked them about the water puppet shows details and they offered to help to purchase the tickets for us without additional cost while we had vietnamese coffee across the street. Excellent service!

The rooms are clean and tidy at a very good location at a very attractive price. Breakfast is good. Overall, its a top grade hotel!

Regards,
Hartono
Singapore

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Luang prabang laos
Reviewed May 15, 2014

It is my first trip to Hanoi I am try to booked a room first night was too fully booked but I am decide to walk direct to hotel. I found first Elegance hotel but they are still fully booked,one of kind receptionist bring me by his motorbike transfer to second Hotel and lucky to have 1 room available second Hanoi Elegance Emerald Hotel,
5 tart service
5 start hotel facilities
5 star room rate started from $60/night incl full facilities
5 star location

I wish in one day soon I will come back and stay longer, so many interesting place and peaceful area in central of city.

Hanoi it the most busy city - motorbikes but will not bother when your sleep at night time.

Again, I am please to recommend this hotel to other of my friend to book advance

Room Tip: I prefer Standard room better and good enough for short stay