“Great food and decor”

Ranked #88 of 2,443 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in front of the St Joseph Church,in center of the historical quarter, Inside with aircon, also an outside cover terrace. Come to discover a New Vietnamese cuisine with spices we also sell our special chef's blend spices, Unique in Vietnam. Lunch Menu: 168 000 vnd +/pax monday to saturday , 198 000 vnd +/pax sunday. Dinner set menu:357 000 vnd+/pax up.A la carte available All day dining 11.00 am - 10.00 pm.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We've just came for the 2nd consecutive night with our children. The Decor is great, very special place. We went to sit in the second floor. The place is specious, the staff are very friendly and the food is tasty and inexpensive (OK that's Vietnam after all). It's owned by a French person who brings the chick and the flavours with nice creative serving. Worth mentioning the eggplant dish and the cooked fish in a can. Try the hot passion fruit cake served with 5 spices ice cream. I'll definitely go back.

1  Thank Ohad H

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Situated in Nha Tho street, next to St. Joseph's Cathedral, the area is full of good restaurants. But Porte D'Annam is different. Because in very simplistic room, almost naked, but still warm, with well though of details (look closely at doors, furniture etc.) you will get exclusive top end food, which is Vietnamese, not modified to meet what some restaurants thing the foreigners would like.
Exciting combination, try out the lot, you will not regret.
Prices are a bit on the high end. Service excellent.

1  Thank Anders K
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had a fabulous meal here. They were very helpful, as I am unable to eat any MSG. Everything we chose was delicious and fresh. I particularly loved the fresh spring rolls and the exotic salad. I emailed the restaurant on my return home enquiring about the ingredients of the salad and I promptly received a response within 24 hours! I am unlikely to be able to replicate the stunning taste of the food, but so appreciate the service and quality of the meal we had here.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

The crab omelette here is awesome. The beef pho was good. Follow the other reviews when they say that the sea bass was not great. The lobster was fresh, however the taste was not great. The claypot rice was alright only.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I just had a great meal at Porte d'Annam. The service and wait staff were very efficient . The food was great. We shared a number of dishes and each one was better than the next. We were also surprised how reasonable the check was. A good find