Tripadvisor
Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops
Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Ways to Experience Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops
More Info
All reviews long bien market sunrise tour camera settings great shots street photography photography experience photographic tour taking pictures ha giang great teacher explore hanoi photo opportunities great tour ethnic minority private tour night tour an amazing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed November 27, 2019 via mobile

This was a fantastic experience - my girlfriend is a fairly experienced photographer, I am a complete novice. She uses a complicated DSLR, whereas I just have my smartphone. William our guide was able to find something for each of us to learn at our own level, and showed me some of the features I can manipulate even with my smartphone to get some really nice shots.

You start before dawn and head down to the train tracks, there are some amazingly atmospheric scenes to capture here, and it's sort of an area that you would know to go to without a guide. Then you see some little market streets, again off the normal tourist track, so you're actually seeing a real Street market come to life first thing in the morning without throngs of other tourists around, it feels like a chance to see a bit of really authentic Hanoi life.

William was fantastic, very generous with his time and knowledge of the city, and his experience in how to approach people and scenes when doing street photography, we had a fantastic morning and we only wish we had done this tour earlier in our holiday. Highly recommended for photographers of any level at all.

Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2019

Delighted to hear you guys enjoyed our new On the Tracks tour with William. It's pretty amazing what you can capture with smartphones nowadays, but having a photography expert like Will with you makes all the difference. Great that you both got a lot out of the experience and learned so much. Thank you for the review and hope to see you guys again soon!

Reviewed November 27, 2019 via mobile

Duc and Linh were terrific. I saw fascinating places, rode on two boats, and learned more about composition. Given the number of people, we were given two options: climb the mountain where many people would be or go to the Nature Reserve which is not as well known. We chose the Nature Reserve and it was beautiful and interesting. Vietnam in Focus always makes sure you are taken care of. If I get to go back to Vietnam I will absolutely book more tours with them.

Ninh Binh is a great place for photography, just because there's so much variety - but it really helps to be with a couple of guys who know the area so well. Sounds like you made the right choice by going to Van Long nature reserve too. Thanks so much for being a great sport and I'm sure we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2019 via mobile

This is the first photo tour I’ve taken where I learned something. Typically photo tours stop with aperture and shutter speed and if you already know those things they have nothing to tell you. Duc not only took me to interesting photo opportunities, he explained aspects of local life and taught me about street photography. He also taught me new photographic techniques. I was much more comfortable taking shots of people in Vietnam as a result of this tour and enjoyed my entire trip more as a result. Duc will teach you as much as you want to learn. I loved this trip so much that I proceeded to book several more with them.

Really glad to hear you enjoyed the tours with us in Hanoi and learned so much from Duc. And it's great that we were able to help you get more out of your trip to Vietnam. It means a lot to us to hear this! Thanks very much and see you next time!

Reviewed November 27, 2019 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic tour. Cristian helped me learn a setting for my camera and taught me about taking great night street photos. Some of my favorite pictures from my trip to Vietnam are from this trip. Of course, I got the classic shot I was hoping for - the Dragon breathing fire. Vietnam in Focus is a class operation - you are treated extremely well by talented photographers who don’t just bring you to spots where you can take a good snapshot, they teach you as much about photography as you want to learn. Most photo tours have nothing to tell you once you know aperture and shutter speed. Vietnam in Focus goes way beyond basics.

Thanks so much for your awesome review. Great to hear you enjoyed this new tour of ours with Cristian in Danang. There's plenty to do and shoot on the riverside in this city. Delighted you could learn some new tips along the way. Thanks and all best.

Reviewed November 19, 2019

I did three tours with Vietnam in Focus in a short period of time . I had the privilege to meet three different and expert photographers. I was amazed by the way they transformed their expertise into a common and easy photography language. Finally I can understand and apply ISO effect, depth of the field, composition, focus point, panning, silhouette and of course the optimal settings of shutter and aperture in different condition. I thank you all, Brett, William and Duc. and I thank Vietnam in Focus for tailoring the tours according to my need.

Date of experience: November 2019
Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2019

We really appreciate you taking the time to post this general review of our tours. We're super proud of the guys, and so pleased you learned a lot from each of them. Wishing you all the best with your photography and hope to see you on one of our longer expeditions soon!