Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops
Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Ways to Experience Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops
More Info
All reviews long bien market sunrise tour camera settings great shots street photography photography experience photographic tour taking pictures ha giang great teacher explore hanoi photo opportunities great tour ethnic minority private tour night tour an amazing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

I wasn't sure about this tour as I've always just used the auto function on my camera, - but I learned how to use loads of really useful functions both on my digital camera and smartphone. Our guide Boris was really good, giving loads of tips on composing great photos, which we used on the rest of our trip. It was a really early start, but worth it to see the food market in full flow - that in itself is a real experience - the woman shaving pigs ears will always stay with me.

Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Thanks so much for the brilliant review. We're very happy to hear that Boris got you out of auto and into the many functions on both your camera and smartphone! And yes, Hanoi's markets are a sight to behold - the pig's ear shaver is a must-see. All the best and see you next time!

Reviewed March 12, 2019

Very personal awesome tour of Hanoi. Guide (Duc Linh Nguyen) was knowledgeable and gave great insight into how to capture the best frames and shots. Loved exploring all the markets and local streets of Hanoi with him. definitely worth the cost :).

Date of experience: March 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2019

Great to hear you had a fantastic photo tour with Duc Linh, and thanks so much for reviewing! Wishing you all the best with your photography and see you next time!

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

My photo tour with Victor was superb. He promptly collected me from my hotel and we made our way to Saigon Train Station for coffee before the action started. Victor took the time to learn about my photography skills and style and what I was interested in getting out of this tour. We then made our way to the markets and back streets—here I got some of the best photos of my entire holiday in Vietnam. We then made our way for some train spotting and I was lucky to get about 8 train movements. The tour ended with a walk to breakfast (noodle soup was yummy!) and the best Vietnamese coffee I’ve had. I highly recommend this tour, and you’ll be well looked after if Victor is your guide. I had a fantastic time. 10/10.

Thanks so much for your awesome review! Everything you wrote just hit the nail on the head - it's exactly what we hope to achieve in our photo tours. Victor is delighted to hear your praise too. He enjoyed shooting with you, and we're glad to hear you got the best pics of your time in Vietnam. Thanks again for everything and see you next time!

Reviewed February 5, 2019

My daughter and I spent 3 nights/4 days on Ha Giang tour and have a great time. Our tour guide Duc was very good. We felt we saw the ‘real’ side of Vietnam and had experiences we never would have had if not on tour. Duc was very helpful regarding camera settings, composition and editing. His personal knowledge when backnin Hanoi was very helpful! Spent time with us outside tour hours helping us out. If you’re into photography I can’t recommend this firm enough. If I ever venture bacj I will most definitely use them again.

Date of experience: January 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Fantastic to know that you guys enjoyed the private Ha Giang tour with Duc! Thanks so much for your kind and generous review. Ha Giang is a really beautiful part of the country, and perfect for photographic adventures. We're very glad indeed that you learned a lot from Duc and we saw that you got some stunning pictures! It was great to meet you too! Thanks again to both of you and see you next time!

Reviewed January 29, 2019

We had a great, local experience in Hanoi with Vietnam in Focus. I know we would not have had the same impression of Hanoi if we had not been with the excellent guides Duc and Linh on our tour. They showed us local spots that we would have missed on our own. They were both attentive to our camera settings and angles while helping us set up shots. The numerous fantastic shots we were able to take have formed the memories we have of our stay in Hanoi. It was particularly helpful for Duc and Linh to speak to the local people to communicate our intentions of wanting to take pictures of them in their daily routines, therefore no etiquette was compromised and we were able to get shots we would not have gotten on our own. I will definitely be looking into more extended tours with Vietnam In Focus.

Date of experience: December 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks so much for your awesome review! We were really glad that you and your family got a chance to explore the Hanoi we love and learn some new camera skills. Linh and Duc are both very personable and great photography teachers, and for sure they know how to charm everyone you meet on the street. You got some really excellent pictures too, even on such a rainy day! Wishing you all the best with your photography and future travels. See you next time!