TripAdvisor
Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Ways to Experience Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops
from $89.00
More Info
All reviews long bien market sunrise tour camera settings great shots street photography train tracks photography experience photographic tour taking pictures ha giang great teacher explore hanoi photo opportunities great tour private tour small group an amazing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed November 17, 2018

As advertised, my guide for the morning arrived at my Hanoi hotel at 4am and off we went. Linh spoke very good english so was able to converse freely and explain what we would be doing for the morning. We followed the planned route and with his advice managed to produce some very good images. His assistance was invaluable on this tour. We finished with a bowl of Pho soup with a few locals at a small kitchen in the Old Qaurter then back to the hotel. Strongly recommended to everyone.

Date of experience: November 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words, and it's wonderful to hear you enjoyed the market and Linh's company. He's a really excellent photographer who knows Hanoi so well - no surprise that you guys got some great images! All the best with your photography and see you next time!

Reviewed November 15, 2018

An outstanding tour. Boris was a great guide with just the right mix of instruction and allowed freedom to do your own thing. He was very knowledgeable about the best locations for great shots as well as the use of the equipment to obtain quality results. I would recommend this tour to any photographer touring Hanoi.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2018

Thanks so much for your review! It means a lot to all of us to know you enjoyed the tour so much, and were able to learn from Boris. And yes, it's also about having a chance to do your own thing too! All the best with your photography and see you again soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2018

A skilful tour of the tracks of Hanoi by Boris, with a great knowledge of cameras, a great into to the city when you have just arrived.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Thanks very much for your review of On the Tracks with Boris. He certainly does know his way around the city, and glad to hear he was able to help you learn some new tips. All the best and see you next time!

Reviewed October 26, 2018

I joined a workshop with Boris as my instructor. He picked me up at the hotel and sent me back after the workshop. This was important to me since this was my first time in Hanoi. He brought me to some interesting places, shared with me with local information like a tour guide and taught me with some very useful photo skill inclduing how to deal with people. It's a very good experience so I enrolled another workshop two days later. Duc was my instructor and I have learnt a lot from him including photo eye and adjustments on some camera settings. Both of them invited me to sit down for local coffee and food as the last part of the workshops. We reviewed what I learnt in the workshops, shared more photo techniques and relevant information. These two workshops are the most enjoyable part of this trip. I have no doubt in recommending you to enroll these workshops no matter you are a learner (like me) or a photographer. However, do remember to take your gears with you, e.g. tripod, lenses.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks so much for your very generous review! It was great that you enjoyed both tours with Boris and Duc, and were able to learn so much. We're very proud of our itineraries and our guides, but it's especially heartening to hear that these two workshops were the best part of your trip to Hanoi! It means a lot to us. All the best to you with your photography and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

I went on this tour as a fairly novice photographer particularly compared to my fellow tourists. I loved it. Boris was our guide and he certainly helped me work my new camera and got it setup to work well for the photos we were taking. He showed us techniques that you read about but now I can perfect.

The tour takes you along the train track in Hanoi. At first I wasn’t sure about that as I wasn’t into trains that much, but it is so much more than trains. The tour takes you to many places to see life along the track, beside the track and through the old quarter.

Thanks to Boris I learnt a lot and got some great shots of the experience. I would recommend to novices and professionals alike.

Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Thanks so much for this great review. I know you were a bit unsure about the trains, but there's so much more to this tour than trainspotting, as you found out! Delighted that the weather held out for you and you were able to learn plenty from Boris. All the best with your photography and look forward to seeing you again next time!