TripAdvisor
Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Ways to Experience Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops
from $89.00
More Info
All reviews long bien market sunrise tour camera settings great shots street photography train tracks photography experience photographic tour taking pictures ha giang great teacher explore hanoi photo opportunities great tour private tour small group an amazing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed December 29, 2017

An early start but that meant I managed to take photos I would never have achieved otherwise. Boris was a great guide and gave me lots of tips (and confidence!) for taking candid photos. I was really pleased with the results and learned a lot about Hanoi. One tip - if you can, do this tour early on in your trip to Hanoi - you'll then have more chance to re-visit locations and put your new found knowledge to practice!

Date of experience: November 2017
Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

The early start is always worth it for the Hanoi Explorer! Great to read your review, and we're delighted that you enjoyed the tour, picked up plenty of tips, and had fun with Boris. That's a good tip for people to do the tour early on in their travels - we often have participants saying they wished they'd done it earlier. Thanks again, all the best with your photography, and see you next time!

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I spent the morning On The Tracks and had a fantastic time. It was my Christmas present to my partner who has recently taken up photography. Linh, our guide, was very knowledgeable. He showed my partner some new settings to use on his camera. His keen eye for a great photo was also awesome in terms of pointing things out we may have never noticed ourselves. The glimpse into the lives of the Vietnamese market stall holders was a once in a lifetime experience. I could have sat and watched them at work for hours. The train tracks with peoples homes and workplaces was also an eye opener. All places you’d probably never visit just on your own. The traditional Pho breakfast was also delicious. Thank you to Linh for a great morning.

Delighted to know you guys enjoyed your On the Tracks tour with Linh, thanks so much for the kind review. The train tracks and markets of Hanoi really are fantastic, and it's a pleasure for us to share them. Photography seems to be the perfect way to do that! Thanks again to both of you, and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

This was a great experience from start to finish. Really easy to book, great communication from their office as well.
I took this tour with Mansour and he was a great guide and teacher. If I make it back to Hanoi (and really hope I do), I’ll hit these guys up again for sure.

1  Thank AmandaHugginkiss1970

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us, and great to hear you enjoyed the tour and found booking really easy. Mansour sends his best wishes, as do we all. Best of luck with your photography! Look forward to seeing you next time you come to Vietnam!

Reviewed December 6, 2017

Duc was an amazing and patient tutor. I am an enthusiastic amateur and he was happy to teach, answer all my questions and show me techniques to enable me to improve my photography. He was also knowledgeable about the area we visited and was happy to vary things according to my wishes. The day was very well organised, with a good combination of places to see & photograph. In addition, Duc has signposted me to useful on-line info & tutorials to help me further and also took some photos of me while i was concentrating on composing shots which was nice. I will look out for similar photo tours on my next holiday but Duc has set the bar very high for others to follow!

Date of experience: December 2017
Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Thank you very much for reviewing your Ninh Binh Explorer tour with us, and great to know that you enjoyed it and learned plenty of photographic knowledge from Duc. He's a passionate and fun guide to be with, and I know that he also enjoyed your company. Your feedback means a great deal to us, so thanks for taking the time to write. All the best with your photography, and look forward to seeing you again next time!

Reviewed November 25, 2017

Very informated and well constructed tour a must for every photography lover we enjoyed the coffee and his knowledge of the area I am happy to do more tours with Boris a job well done

Date of experience: November 2017
Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Thanks so much for joining us for On the Tracks, and we're really happy you enjoyed the tour with Boris. Look forward to seeing you next time you come to Vietnam, and all the best with your photography!