TripAdvisor
Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Ways to Experience Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops
from $89.00
More Info
All reviews long bien market sunrise tour camera settings great shots street photography train tracks photography experience photographic tour taking pictures ha giang great teacher explore hanoi photo opportunities great tour private tour small group an amazing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I spent the morning On The Tracks and had a fantastic time. It was my Christmas present to my partner who has recently taken up photography. Linh, our guide, was very knowledgeable. He showed my partner some new settings to use on his camera. His keen eye for a great photo was also awesome in terms of pointing things out we may have never noticed ourselves. The glimpse into the lives of the Vietnamese market stall holders was a once in a lifetime experience. I could have sat and watched them at work for hours. The train tracks with peoples homes and workplaces was also an eye opener. All places you’d probably never visit just on your own. The traditional Pho breakfast was also delicious. Thank you to Linh for a great morning.

Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Delighted to know you guys enjoyed your On the Tracks tour with Linh, thanks so much for the kind review. The train tracks and markets of Hanoi really are fantastic, and it's a pleasure for us to share them. Photography seems to be the perfect way to do that! Thanks again to both of you, and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

This was a great experience from start to finish. Really easy to book, great communication from their office as well.
I took this tour with Mansour and he was a great guide and teacher. If I make it back to Hanoi (and really hope I do), I’ll hit these guys up again for sure.

1  Thank AmandaHugginkiss1970

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us, and great to hear you enjoyed the tour and found booking really easy. Mansour sends his best wishes, as do we all. Best of luck with your photography! Look forward to seeing you next time you come to Vietnam!

Reviewed December 6, 2017

Duc was an amazing and patient tutor. I am an enthusiastic amateur and he was happy to teach, answer all my questions and show me techniques to enable me to improve my photography. He was also knowledgeable about the area we visited and was happy to vary things according to my wishes. The day was very well organised, with a good combination of places to see & photograph. In addition, Duc has signposted me to useful on-line info & tutorials to help me further and also took some photos of me while i was concentrating on composing shots which was nice. I will look out for similar photo tours on my next holiday but Duc has set the bar very high for others to follow!

Date of experience: December 2017
Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Thank you very much for reviewing your Ninh Binh Explorer tour with us, and great to know that you enjoyed it and learned plenty of photographic knowledge from Duc. He's a passionate and fun guide to be with, and I know that he also enjoyed your company. Your feedback means a great deal to us, so thanks for taking the time to write. All the best with your photography, and look forward to seeing you again next time!

Reviewed November 25, 2017

Very informated and well constructed tour a must for every photography lover we enjoyed the coffee and his knowledge of the area I am happy to do more tours with Boris a job well done

Date of experience: November 2017
Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Thanks so much for joining us for On the Tracks, and we're really happy you enjoyed the tour with Boris. Look forward to seeing you next time you come to Vietnam, and all the best with your photography!

Reviewed November 9, 2017

This trip was astounding! Beginning in Ha Noi with an airport pick-up by Alex & Colm we were transferred to our motel accommodation in the Old Quarter and met with Yen for a welcome to Vietnam. Our accommodation throughout was extremely comfortable and well catered for, at both motel and homestay sites. Our first activity with V.I.F. Guide Sy, took us though the old quarter and to the Museum of Ethnology,with several stops and assistance on the way and some wonderful food experiences. Picked up the next day by our Driver Luu Do who was with us for the duration of our trip, we travelled with Photographer guide Colm to Heaven's Gate in the Ha Giang area, where we were joined by another V.I.F. Photographer/guide, Mansour. Overnighting here at Tam Son (Quan Ba), we had an early pre-dawn start to see Heaven's Gate in it's misty beauty, before travelling northward via Yen Minh, Dong Van and the China border, then south easterly towards Meo Vac, Pac Miau and Bao Lac, taking in the impressive magnificence of the Me Pi Leng Passage, The Rocky Plateau, and the Gam River, through the Nui Pia Oac Nature Reserve and into Ba Be National Park . On the way with visits to villages, local food, livestock and utensil/apparel markets, we stopped many, many times to not only photograph, but interact with local ethnic minority groups of people going about their everyday work and activities who graciously allowed us a view into their everyday lives.
A longboat and walking tour in Ba Be with caves, waterfalls and a temple site was also included. Colm and Mansour were always available for answering any questions, be it photographic in nature or just general knowledge and most helpful all the way.
Making HaNoi again, we overnighted again before being joined by another V.I.F. Photo/guide, Boris, who gave us a pre-dawn tour of the Long Bien Bridge & down to the Long Bien food markets before back up and onto the Tracks for an insight into life on the railway tracks. Boris also accompanied us to our private junk to Bai Tu Long in the northern area of Ha Long Bay for pampering with awesome food, kayaking and swimming, a welcome treat after the mountain trekking for the feet ;-) Returning to Ha Noi the next day, we had a wonderful time with yet another great guide of V.I.F., Thang. Thang took us on a walking tour from the Old Quarter to the French Quarter, the Women's Museum and the legendary "Hanoi Hilton" before returning to our motel for our final afternoon and evening spent with Alex, Yen and Colm for final tips and tricks with our photo stories.

If you like view a country from afar and not get dirty, don't choose this trip - BUT if you want to meet the people, learn from the people and gain a glimpse and some understanding of the people and their way of life, then I highly recommend you contact Vietnam-In-Focus for your trip of a lifetime. Their sound knowledge, choice of sites and activities and their photographic tour guides are just something special you don't find everyday. Thank you so much for enriching my life everyone.

Date of experience: October 2017
Alex S, Owner at Vietnam in Focus - Photo Tours and Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

What a great review, thank you so much! Enriching people's lives is exactly why we do this, and what we work so hard to achieve. It means a lot to all of us to hear you say that!

It was equally great to meet and travel with you, and the whole gang. Colm, Mansour and Luu were really lucky to have such a fun group of adventurers on the wild roads of Ha Giang, and Yen and I very much enjoyed chatting and hanging out with you. And I know Boris had a brilliant time rowing you around Ha Long!

Thanks so much for writing such a detailed review - it's not just about us taking you there, but also the way you approach the experience yourself. With such an open-minded and adventurous attitude, you're guaranteed to enjoy the best travel experiences. We also really appreciate you taking the time to thank and name the guides for the short Hanoi tours - they do a fantastic job of helping us to provide a rich view of Hanoi life from the Vietnamese perspective.

It was great to see your pictures at the end of the trip - you've really come along with Karen and the team's tutelage. Looking forward to seeing more of your shots from the trip soon.

And I'm sure we'll be seeing you again in Vietnam very soon - until then, all the best from all of us and take care!