Minh Anh Hotel
Hotels.com
$136
$113
Priceline
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
$76
$50
$57
$40
$165
$135
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our experience here was mainly due to the excellent hospitality staff service we received here. The tour manager (David) helped us book tours for Halong Bay and Sapa, both of which were excellent value. We were taken care of for the both tours, being able to take showers and use a room once we returned from our tours before going to the next/airport. This was an extrememly generous gesture!
Breakfast is decent situated on a roof terrace overlooking Hanoi.
Rooms are spacious and clean - the only downfall was that we had no window in our room, but perhaps it might be best to ask for one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michel V
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel is in a great location and is truly excellent. From the rooms, which are spacious and beautiful with HUGE and super COMFY beds with beautiful duvets and a large bath tub, to the delicious fresh breakfasts, to the attentive, friendly and helpful staff. We were supposed to be here only two days, but our experience was SO good, that we extended by three days. The staff for example, found us a yoga class and printed the times and gave it to us. They are helpful, but not intrusive and recovering from jet lag in this hotel is a wonderful relaxing experience. The woman who serves breakfast is so friendly and so eager to accomodate invidividual needs...great start to the day. We love this place and would come back in a heart beat!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Ask for double bed and you will get a huge SUPER COMFY bed. We were on the third floor and had very little noise from the street or the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelasia2018
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after returning from Ha Long Bay. The staff were very welcoming and accommodating when we arrived. Our double room was very spacious and comfortable especially for the cost of the room. There was also a balcony which was a real bonus! Breakfast choice was varied and very tasty. We needed to store our main bags for most of the following day as we were catching the overnight train. The staff welcomed us back and allowed us to use the computer in reception and even offered us water. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Saladgirl2009
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel is on the northern end of the old quarter, a 10 minute walk to Hoan Kiem lake and not too far from Truc Bach lake, which has a very different feel. To get back from the old quarter, it's easiest to go in a straight line, which takes you past some good inside markets (Cho Dong Xuan) and lots of leather and cheap (junk) clothes stores. I got a good bargain in the markets buying a soft leather handbag, which was priced considerably below what they sell for in the shops. But they're not much for bargaining in there. At night, you stroll through the night markets, mainly frequented by other Vietnamese, so good for people watching.

The hotel is typically Hanoi style - beautiful rich red floorboards, high ceilings, marble bathrooms; the sort of delight that an authentic place can bring. It's very elegant, the rooms are large and everything works well.

Breakfast is maiinly a la carte and is extremely well-cooked and presented, with plates of fruit and banana smoothies as well as cooked breakfasts and juices. The view from the rooftop restaurant is great too but be mindful that it gets hot up there, so best to stir yourself earlyish.

The staff are friendly and cheeky - I spent 8 days there and had fun with them - they're a great bunch. they'll call your taxis etc and wait outside in the heat to get them for you.

My only criticism is that the front rooms - with numbers 03 or 04 - are a bit noisy. The hotel is at an intersection and without the double glazed windows other hotels use, it can be a bit of a problem til about 10.30 pm when all traffic seems to quieten.It's not a very busy street, but sound seems to travel.

Having said that, when I told the staff the room was noisy, they showed me three other rooms I could choose from. As it was, i decided that despite the noisyness, I really liked the room I was in, with it's 3 large windows, and stuck with it. So, couldn't be that bad. I suppose it depends how sensitive you are to noise.

All up, for $25, it's an absolute bargain. 2 years ago I stayed at several places in Hanoi which were comparable or slightly better, but they're now in the $60 per night region. I'd stick with this one for that price, and that's coming from a fairly picky reviewer!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank gypsychristina
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel is lovely. We stayed in an amazing room for a good rate (possibly due to being off season in late June). The bed was easily the most comfortable I've ever slept on - it was incredible.

The staff were impeccable as well. They helped us choose a tour to Halong Bay that was great value, and were genuinely very personable and friendly without being obsequious. In a place like Hanoi where scams lurk on every corner, I found the hotel staff to be delightful. I'd trust them with my child.

There's also a cool breakfast restaurant with views of the city.

Can't recommend Minh Anh enough - go for a week!

• Stayed: June 2013