“Great Atmosphere”

Little Hanoi
Ranked #91 of 2,240 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sydney, Australia
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a small restaurant in a very busy but narrow street. I loved the atmosphere. The restaurant is clearly family run with good food and great decor. The menu is not huge but the food I had was tasty and genuine.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank snake17

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Lovely food & family - go to the REAL Little Hanoi!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I found my way to Ta Hien St in search of Little Hanoi recommended by my guide. One of the things many tourist advice repeat is that popular restaurants are copied; I hadn't realized quite how blatantly they meant! I found Little Hanoi at 14 Ta Hien with big signs saying that it is recommended by Lonely Planet etc. but that was the copy cat! Checking my guide, I backtracked to the other side of the street and the lovely Little Hanoi at 9 Ta Hien.

I order the delicately fried and spiced cat fish spring rolls. It comes with all the ingredients to allow you to roll your own. The prices are so cheap here and as the fish comes out I realize that I've ordered two small meals rather than two entrees. Ah well, it's going to be only NZD$10 in total so no fuss that I can only manage a few mouthfuls of the caramelised pork and need it to takeaway.

I spend some time chatting with a retired Adelaide couple that enjoyed their last visit to the restaurant so much they've returned 5 years later. I talk quietly with one of the family that own the restaurant as he rocks his baby son to sleep in his arms.

The classical music is soothing (and vaguely Irish). I'd love to stay but I can feel my energy waning and start the walk back to the hotel in the early evening.

1 Thank NixieNZ
Barcelona, Spain
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

clean and small restaurant in old Hanoi. Between little shops and near the market... this is a peaceful place were have a nice lunch.
I recommend the 5flavour chicken and the noodles. But all the food is typical Vietnamese and of high quality. Recommendable!!

3 Thank rguerri
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We've been to Little Hanoi three times and have loved the food every time! It's really reasonably-priced, and they do some great vodka shakes. The family are really sweet. We'll be back!

1 Thank Savi6000
“Excellent little place”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Got recommended this place and it didn't disappoint. It's located in the old quarter and is deep in the hustle and bustle of the traffic and people. Once you step in though the vibe is chilled, the family who serve you are friendly and best of all the food is really good! If you staying at one of nearby hotels, have a bite here its great.

Visited September 2013