TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,656 results
All reviews the executive lounge crystal jade indoor pool fitness center jazz club gold member free shuttle old quarter business trip beautiful hotel lake view upgraded to a suite top floor special thanks the entire staff breakfast buffet is outstanding service
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in this JW Marriott property for 5 nights in mid September because of a convention being held in this property.

I would say the service is much better than I expect (sorry - I may have a low expectation) but the location is below par on the other hand.

It is a luxury hotel that you can feel that the staff is very attentive to detail on what you need, from check in (with a wet towel and a small welcom drink), the conceige staff who takes care of your baggages and transport, the housekeeping staff, the waiters/waitreness in all restaurants, and others. It is excellent and I am impressed a lot. The room I stay, an Executive room 672, is awesome and it has a very comfortable bed, a open-concept bathroom, above-par Wi-Fi connectivity, and sufficient amentities including robes, slippers, dental kits, safe, espresso machine, and the others. The restautants I dine (including the JW Cafe, the Chinese restaurant Crystal Jade, the Japanese restautant Akira Back, the Jazz Club) are all providing great service, high quality food, and surprisingly a very reasonable price.

The complaint I would say is that the 24/7 gym at the top floor is very hot --- it does not have sufficient air conditioning especially the yoga/movement room. Other than that, I would say everything is perfect.

Regarding the location, it is different from the other International Chains that are located in Old Quarter and so there is almost nothing interesting to eat and dine withim the walking distance of the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled on business
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Edward-AA,

Thank you for having shared your review of your recent stay at JW Marriott Hanoi and I am so glad you had a memorable visit to Hanoi.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead and looking forward to welcoming you back to Hanoi again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is truly one of the most exceptional hotels I have had the pleasure to stay at. The location may not be the best, only because it is in a relatively new area of town that is continuing to grow. But given the construction I have seen taking place nearby, I don't think that it will be long before this hotel is in a prime Hanoi location.
The staff at this hotel are totally service oriented. They all smile and say hello or "xin chào" upon seeing you in ANY part of the hotel. ALL the staff! .
The executive lounge is amazing. Breakfast is outstanding and the Cocktail hour is extremely well done. The staff are unbelievable. They make sure that you are comfortable and you have all you need whenever you visit the lounge. The rooms are clean an extremely well service.
Unfortunately, it was busy meeting week and I did not have time to visit the 8th floor spas and pool. But I suspect, like everything else in this hotel, they are outstanding as well.
To all the new friends I have made at this incredible property, I say Cảm ơn rât nhiều, và tôi sẽ trở lại! sớm nhất có thể (Translation: Thank you very much, I will be back! As soon as I can)

Room tip: Go the Executive Level. You will experience a level of service like no other.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank gstuebin
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear gstuebin,

It is amazing learning that you had a great stay at JW Marriott Hanoi recently which brought you a lot of wonderful memories about our lovely people and their warm engagements.

Thank you for having shared and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to Hanoi.

Having an relaxing weekend ahead

Reviewed September 15, 2019

This was my first stay at the hotel. I was impressed by the high level of service and hospitality offered by the hotel staffs. The room is spacious, clean and comfortable. The executive lounge is excellent. It is spacious and comfortable, and has a good selection of foods and drinks for the evening cocktail. The Crystal Jade Palace restaurant offers good quality authentic Chinese foods too. Overall I had a great stay. Thanks for the excellent service and hospitality.

Date of stay: September 2019
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Cheng Liang Y,

We appreciate your time shared your great stay memories at JW Marriott Hanoi and I am so glad all of our hotel services met your expectations.

Thank you for your great compliments and look forward to your return soon to Hanoi

Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

Everything in this hotel is Fove stars. The service exemplary, the lobby inviting, the rooms clean and comfortable , the gym large and well equipped, the bed / blankets / pillows - perfect and inviting, etc. In short this is a reference hotel for all other 5 start hotels.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Shoco_Reviews,

I am so glad you find your stay at JW Marriott Hanoi recently up to your expectations and I believe you had a wonderful stay with us.

Thank you for having shared your review and look forward to your next visit to Hanoi.

Reviewed September 12, 2019

We stayed at the JW Marriott for 2 nights in September 2019.
Upon arrival at the hotel, staff was waiting to welcome us.
It is heartwarming to experience how nice, friendly and enthusiastic you are greeted at this hotel.
Everywhere you go in the hotel staff says hello and is really interested to hear your story.
The eagerness to please and make your stay as pleasant as possible is striking.

The hotel itself has several excellent restaurants (we can recommend the French Grill).
The rooms are large and provide all the comforts one needs.

At the French Grill we had a fantastic 5 course diner with excellent wines as recommend by the sommelier. I would especially like to mention the excellent service we received from Thuc Anh and Tu. They make our evening an exceptional one.

I can highly recommend this hotel although it is somewhat outside the city center.

Date of stay: September 2019
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Dear Levering59,

It is amazing hearing you had a memorable experience at JW Marriott Hanoi recently and you were so impressed with our team warm engagement.

Thank you so much for having given us an opportunity to welcome you and look forward to welcoming you back soon in the future.

Enjoy your weekend!