“Now I know what it feels like to be one of richest man on earth”

JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #34 of 579 Hotels in Hanoi
“Now I know what it feels like to be one of richest man on earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

My 2 day stay is a private reconnaissance trip to decide if I should choose JW Marriott for some upcoming training and events for some foreign and Vietnamese VIP's. And I came with a spouse (a romantic-working stay). I reserved online without notifying any hotel managers of my intent (no special treatments or perks).

I live and travel well; but my stay at JW Marriott in Hanoi totally changed my expectations of living well. In fact I am having withdraws right now (even though I am writing this while staying at Intercon Ho Chi Minh, which is the top hotel here).

Have you ever live in an architectural art, feeling like the whole 50,000 square feet (or however large this hotel is) is just yours (it's that private), and have hundreds of staffs ready to serve and fulfill? That's how Hanoi JW is, and this is how I imagine the wealthiest live.

First impression, the hotel looks like a museum of modern art (just look up online) inside and out. It's surrounded by lush landscaping of lakes, trees, sculptures and artistic buildings, before giving ways to rest of Hanoi's skyline. Inside it feels expansive, calm and cool (tall ceiling, wide open space, calm and cool colors, lake surrounding). Believe me this is a big deal for Hanoi, because the city's congestion and scooters are so hectic and annoying, and none of the city's top hotels are immune (Metropole, Intercon, Sofitel, Hyatt) except JW. I am truly at peace here.

Secondly, the staffs are just so friendly, prompt and competent (which is most important to me because what good is friendliness when they don't understand what I need, or don't deliver to expectations). During my stay I had extended interactions with the staffs in the club lounge and fitness center (gym + pool), and they never left me wanting for more. They are attentive without being overbearing, personable and still deferential. Best yet, they weren't some SOP (standard operating procedure) drones, but fun, witty and intelligent (very responsive and flexible to my changing and not so simple requests). Can't ask for more.

And the condition of everything (perhaps because it's still new) is clean, high quality and in sync with the calm and cool taste of the hotel.

It so far exceeded my expectations that after I checked out, I sought out the Director of Operations, Mr. Soulter, to compliment him on running such a great place. And how he has convinced me to come to JW for my upcoming training and events.

2 minor issues. The beddings were great, but pillows were overly soft and could get lumpy. I had to sleep with 2-3 just to get some elevation but it felt hot. And, it took more than 10 minutes to get a taxi on the day of departure (it was a sunny afternoon, so shouldn't be that hard to get one). But not significant enough to diminish the fabulous experience I had.

Room Tip: If you can get club access (for food, drinks, internet, social area, business center, etc.) it's...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank CJ K
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear CJK,

Wow, what great sharing of your experience while visiting our JW Marriott Hanoi!

How pleased we are to hear and know that you thouroughly enjoyed your visit and that our staff displayed the pride and enjoyment of working with JW, as well as sharing about their city!

We have diligently worked very hard in developing the talented people we have and we encourage them to share their personal experiences and graciousness with each of the guests that they touch! Glad to hear they fully accomplished that for you.

Thanks also for sharing your excitement for our iconic building and design! Inspired by the "Dragon folklore tale" we are very proud of the architectural wonder we have as well as it's spacious grounds and space (actually we have a total of 79k m2 of space)!

Good to hear that you connected with Goeran Soelter, our Director of Operations and glad that your interaction may have helped make your decision on where to hold your training event!

Hopefully we will see you here with us again shortly for a successful and productive training seminar!

CJK, thanks again for your great story and look forward to your return, when i will look forward to personally saying hello!

Best Regards

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We had a very comfortable stay in this top quality hotel. The staff and service standard is top! The concierge desk made some great recommendations for things to see and do around Hanoi. The location is a bit out of town, but that was not a problem as the hotel shuttle bus operates regularly and it was actually nice to be a bit away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast buffet was good. I highly recommend the Hanoi JW Marriott.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank K1ngT1m
Dear KingTimB,

Great to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us recently at JW Marriott Hanoi!

I am pleased to know that you partciularly enjoyed our JW Cafe breakfast, an abundance of food from around Asia along with a great lakeside setting. Great way to start the day!

Our Concierge team is very knowledgable about the cultural and touring offerings in Hanoi and the outskirts and I am glad that they were able to tailor a program for you during your time with us.

Thank you again for sharing and I hope that we will have the opportunity to have you back again soon!

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on the last leg of our honeymoon. The hotel is stunning. Beautiful rooms! Friendly staff, wonderful breakfast buffet and great spa. It's a little was out from downtown Hanoi which we liked. We had a great tour guide who took us into Hanoi for tours. The hotel is new and they did not miss anything in providing luxury and comfort. Would highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Heather H
Dear Heather H,

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent visit to JW Marriott Hanoi!

It is wonderful to know that we were able to put a memorable final touch to you Honeymoon!! I appreciate your comments on our staff performance and will share your comment with them! Since opening in October 2013, our engaging team has been inspired to deliver luxurious and gracious service and I am glad to hear that we accomplished that for you and your husband.

Great to know that you also enjoyed our Spa by JW, it certainly is a great way to pamper yourself after a day in the city- we have been recognized as a serene and tranquil place to return to after the noise and hustle and bustle of the city.

Hope that should you be traveling again to Vietnam, we can be part of your 1st Anniversary celebration!

Thanks again for sharing!!

Best Regards,

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I just spent a weekend at this amazing hotel. An iconic building with excellent service and facilties. Food quality is superb and staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
will certainly return for more visits!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank HansL573
Dear hansL573,

Great to hear that your weekend with us was such an enjoyable escape!

i am also excite to hear that our iconic design, our culinary offerings and most of all our staff provided you with all of the elments for a comfortable and relaxing weekend.

I hope that your travels will bring you back soon for another great experience!

Best regards.,

robert.fabiano@mrriott.com
Noida, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Amazing is the look.
Majestic is the atmosphere the moment you enter this world class home away from home!
JW as the name suggests offers you fantastic people to serve you, excellent food options with multiple restaurants options for satisfaction various taste buds.
the face of the dragon has a biggest lap pool in city with a great view .same floor consists of world class spa with best of massage options to unwind.
meetings spaces are plenty, with studio options (new) consisting of various spaces in one big space making it as ones own private office including dining options.
the hotel can arrange pick up and drops and has easy taxi service at its doors.

Room Tip: all rooms are big and spacious. personally a room with a city view will be better on higher floor. a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Vikrantg
Dear Vikrantg,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at JW Marriott Hanoi!

I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the iconic design of our building, with our "Dragon" inspired architecture.

Our food & beverage offerings have been well received from our guests both staying with us and those of the local community and we are very proud of our culinary team and their talents!

Happy to know that the entire staff was accomodating and responsive to your needs and that they provided the gracious hospitality that we have become known for delivering! We have worked diligently to insure our staff is well versed on the needs of our guests and they have demonstrated a passionate manner in whcih to deliver a personalized and engaging experience throughout our hotel.

Vikrantg, thank you again for sharing and hope we see you back with us soon!

Best regards,

Lindau, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I can thoroughly recommend the JW Marriott in Hanoi for both business and private travel. The rooms are very well equipped and maintained. The hotel restaurants offer a balanced and qualitative mix of international and Asian cusine as does a relaxing lounge bar for a late meal. A well equipped gym, recreation facility and resaonably sized pool are also worth mentioning.The location is very convenient indeed. Last but not least, the JW Marriott Hanoi is staffed throughout by a first class team of friendly hotel professionals who manage to make you feel at home from the first "check in" welcome until departure. Certainly one of the most amicable "home from homes" I have come across on my recent travels.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in at the JW Marriott Hanoi have been excellent - luxurious, very well e...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank TW-VHHH
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear T W,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience with our JW Marriott Hanoi!

I am very pleased to know that you enjoy the spacious guestroom we have with all of it's luxurious appointments and that you had the opportunity to utilize our 'wellness floor" , which includes our cantilivered indoor pool, fitness center and Spa by JW.

I also appreciate your comments regarding our culinary offerings which we have worked extremely diligently to develop!

T W, we are looking forward to your return, as well as that of your colleagues whom have selected us as thier base while in Hanoi!

Best regards and thank you for sharing your experience!

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Excellent services, good manner from the staff, beautiful view and deliciuos food are the things i impressed most while living here. Besides, when i requested for the red invoce, the employee were really kind and provided on time as their services guarantee, always do best for the customers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Suri2808
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Suri2808,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor!

I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed our iconic building and design, along with our food offerings and engaging staff!

Since our opening in October 2013, we have devoted our attention to developing our team to provide the best of customer service and they have responded with a warm and gracious delivery to our guests! I am glad to see they provded that to you!

I hope that you will once again come for a visit and we will deliver the service you have now come to expect!

Best Regards,