“The property is beautiful, and food is simply the best!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi

JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #37 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Hanoi, Vietnam
“The property is beautiful, and food is simply the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We live in Hanoi. Nevertheless sometimes we just want to "escape" from the daily routine by going to somewhere without going out of the city. This time was JW Marriott and we were fully satisfied!
I will try to go into as detail as I can since this one is a new hotel.
1. The building:
Overall architecture is amazing and ecologist with green on the top of the building (grass which looks like a golf course). The building enjoys a big landscape and they successfully decorated it with small artificial hills covered of green, fountain and big flower-pots, and a beautiful lake. Everything is new and spacious.
Last but not least, the swimming pool placed on the "wing" of the building was thrilling us in terms of view. You are highly recommended to go there. (However I do not highly appreciate the pool itself which is 1.1m only on one side. I'd prefer 1.5m on both sides)

2. Location and View:
- We are not talking about an "old quarter" - located/nearby property at all, but something in the most modern and new area of Hanoi. We have kind of 360 degree view all around: the closest is the National Convention center, then Keangnam tower which is the highest building in Hanoi, The Manor - a luxury residential complex etc.
- If you are on business around this area of My Dinh, Cau Giay etc, this hotel is a perfect choice. If you are on holidays, I think it's not bad idea to see another Hanoi other than what you always hear and read about. On the other hand it seems the hotel provide shuttle bus to old quarters for guess (this one I'm not sure, you need to check).

3. Food: just awesome!
We were surprise with that JW Cafe where we got dinner and breakfast buffet. European (italian and french), Japanese, Vietnamese foods - all of them are fresh and delicious! In this Mekong region, we (my colleagues and I) usually say that Sofitel is the best to feed us (french gastronomy, you know :-) ), but now I found this Marriott is at least at this level.
Furthermore, this s so enjoyable to have meals in a restaurant that obtain a stunning view to outside!

4. Room and Bed:
Bed is perfect! Among my best beds in 5*.
The room is modernly designed. I love the 2 faces- wardrobe and the big lacquer picture on the wall.
And I love the fact that there are lots of towels - new and high quality - in room.

5. Service/staff:
- Positive for front desk. Quick and professional. We had a female Japanese receptionist as my friend is a Japanese.
- Normal for JW Cafe (buffet place). In general staff at that Cafe is diligent enough, especially the ones in charge of Japanese and Vietnamese foods. However we were a bit upset of one staff named Tu Anh, who showed her unhappy look when we wanted to stay at a table which was not yet ready and she had to ask another staff to clean it up. We wanted that table because of its good view to the lake. The cafe was not busy at that time, and this kind of request from guess can be frequent, so I'd think that staff willingness/professionalism is highly expected!
- A negative point for the room making - they forgot to put tooth brush in our room. So we had to call them. Luckily they were quick to fix it. Another confusing point is the phone in our room did not work (?), so we had to use cell phone to call to the main line.

Overall, it was a good experience of us. Would recommend it to you. Any not very positive comments above is more for the hotel 's manager(s) 's attention than claim!

Room Tip: You can ask for a room with lake view and not far from the lift.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Angie_Nga
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Angie_Nga,

Great to hear of the fabulous escape you had to our new JW Marriott Hanoi!

Located in the new and coming central business district of Hanoi it's nice to hear that we offer an enjoyable and satisfying respite from city living!

Our design is inspired by the Vietnamese folklore tale of the dragon and our cantelivered pool represents one of two dragon heads! The pool is designed for both avid swimmers and families, but i appreciate your comment!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the food quality in our JW Cafe; certainly has a vast variety and abundence of choices.

Angie_Nga, I am sorry to learn that you had a problem with your phone and trust we resolved this issue upon notification as quickly as we brought the toothbrush! We will work harder to insure we have all of the details covered.

We do indeed have a complimentary shuttle service, available 3 time daily and this has been a well received added value!

Thanks again for spending time in the "new Hanoi" and trust you will inspire more of our city center travelers to escape the hustle and bustle of downtown living and join us for a memorable experience!

robert.fabiano@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

This hotel is amazing from the beginning to the end. The design is Impressive, it provides a wow factor on arrival, this is a futuristic building incorporating local elements. Just stepping in the hotel and the red carpet is rolled out. Check in was easy and super friendly, the lobby is just spectacular. We got a suite with lake view, what a room! It is like a whole luxurious apartment. This is a new hotel where everything has been put in place with great taste. Facilities are incredible, the swimming pool is located on the last floor with a beautiful view of the city. The gym and locker room provide a wonderful place for fitness and relaxation complemented with huge Jacuzzis, steam and sauna. I experienced the Spa and I just have to say that I love it! Even when the infrastructure is first class in this JW I witnessed how great hotels are made not only of good buildings but it is the personnel who put the real touches to make one feel welcomed. We felt like real VIPs, everybody is tremendously attentive and genuinely friendly. The executive lounge is a great place to work and relax with an excellent selection of drinks and food. Everybody here is highly motivated. I witnessed how the general Manager takes such good care of everything not only of the guests but of the personnel, I think I never have seen a more motivated and energetic manager, I saw how nicely he spoke to those working there, how he greeted them and motivated them.
The hotel is little far from downtown but even of that detail they have take care of since they offer free shuttles to different areas of the city.
Thanks to everybody there in JW Marriott Hanoi for making our visit so memorable! We are already looking forward and planning to be back soon!

Room Tip: I think that lake view is very nice!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank traveladept1
Dear traveladept 1,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our new JW Marriott Hanoi!

How wonderful that you enjoyed the iconic architecture of our building, inspired by the Vietnamese folklore tale of the dragon; the canterlivered pool represents one of two dragon heads and the water and grassy landscaping are also representive of the myth!

It was great to see you had an opportunity to utilize our "wellness floor" and you enjoyed the Spa by JW, the pool and fitness center! After a day exploring downtown, the 8th floor offeres a fabulous way to re-energize!

I am very proud to hear that you were well taken care by the staff; they are truly a great asset for us and we all work diligently in making sure they are know our customers expectations and we always show our care and pride of them as they bring our hotel " to life" each and everyday!

Hope that we will welcome you back again with us in the not too distant future!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on a great visit!

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

I still remember Mr. Tuyen with the brightest smiles escorting us to the room. I felt so comfortable and being treated like royal with an exceptional services provided by Mr Tuyen and many other Marriott associates we encountered during our stays. The room design is simple, but yet sleek, chic and with a tough of luxury as known for JW brand. I love the live band playing at Antidote Bar every Wednesday till Saturday. I felt completely relax while enjoying a refreshing beverage and looking a the beautiful fountain outside. One cool thing about JW Hanoi is their very own juice bar by the swimming pool area. The pool is spacious with a Great view of the city. Oh the thotel also provide free shuttle services to the old quarter. The hotel is a little far from the old quarter but if you want to be treated like royal, have a relaxing bar and delicious restaurants onside, and outstanding services provided by the staff, you will enjoy to stay at JW Marriott. It worths every single penny you pay for the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ha-le L
Dear Ha-le L,

It is a pleasure to have you share your experience at our new JW Marriott Hanoi!

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the service and amenities of our Hotel during your visit! We are certainly proud of the architectural design and look!

Nice to hear that you experienced our "wellness floor"; great views from there and we receive many great comments from this area of the hotel.

Glad that you also found our shuttle service convenient to going down town! We run this 3 times daily, and while a taxi fare is very reasonable, we are pleased to provide this added value service!

I appreciate the great comments you shared regrading your interaction with Tuyen; he is a great first impression for our hotel and I am pleased to see that you found that your engagment with him, set the stage for the overall service you received by our team!

Thank you again for sharing your story!!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful. The rooms are stunning, very chic. The restaurants in the hotel are fabulous. Took a lake view room, gorgeous view in the morning. Upon arriving all of the staff came to the door of the car, opened it, took my bags. Same service on the way out, I basically felt like a celebrity the service was so outstanding. Pool is great, gym facilities are fantastic. Only downfall was the location.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Krystal V
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Krystal,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of staying with us at our JW Marriott Hanoi!

How pleased I am to hear that from a warm and welcoming welcome arrival to a fond farewell, my staff provided gracious service. They are very passionate about their jobs and try hard to create a memorable sense of belonging for our guests throughout the hotel; glad they did so for you!

Nice to see that you had the opportunity to enjoy our fine array of food outlets and glad you enjoyed them.

Our cantilevered pool and fitness center both offer incredible views and I am happy that you were able to utilize them during your visit. Hope next time you will have a chance to visit our Spa by JW for the incredible treatments they offer.

Krystal V, again many thanks for sharing you story and I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you or your friends again in the future!

Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed here because we had a work function on the Friday night, and thought it would be fun to stay. And it was!
The rooms were beautiful, with great care taken for minor details - loved the Bose sounds system. The bed was really comfortable, with great pillows and high quality linen.
Breakfast was awesome!
Service was outstanding. Even the service staff etc were polite and friendly.
The only down side was the pool. It was inside, and didn't have a great atmosphere. On Saturday we wanted to spend the morning by the pool, but there was a large number of unsupervised Vietnamese children making a huge amount of noise, so we left. It was unbearable. But it didn't ruin our stay.
The other downside is the location - it's not near any of the good spots of Hanoi. But taxis are cheap.
We would recommend this hotel for a luxurious stay, even for people who live in Hanoi as a stay-cation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WazzaBman
JWMarriottHotelHanoi, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear WazzaBman,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent visit to our JW Marriott Hanoi!

First let me apologize for the disturbance you encountered at the pool on Saturday morning. We had a small group of members come in with some guests and we did not relalize there would be such disruption. We will reveiw the process we have to insure that all of our guests have the ability to enjoy our facilities.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our spacious and luxurious guestroom with all of the details and amenities we provide. Our Marriott "revive bedding" makes for a very comfortable and restful sleep as you found! I also appreciate hearing that our service and staff hospitality created a memorable impression.

Mr. WazzaBman, while you are correct in noting that we are 8.5 kilometers from the Old Quarter of Hanoi, taxi's are indeed inexpensive and we also provide a compliimentary shuttle service 3 times daily for those that care to use it.

I hope that you will have an opportunity to enjoy another "Stay-cation" in the not too distant future and I will look forward to saying hello!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Your service was really excellent!
I stayed more 10 days here.
I think great service start from small tiny things . Suttle bus, breakfast box, temperature card...etc these things touched me. Especially towels smell was really good :) thanks for Miss.Lynn.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank KYOUNGSUN L
Dear KYOUNGSUN L,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the JW Marriott Hanoi after staying with us for an extended visit!

I am very pleased to hear that you appreciated the details that we take to insure our product and services fulfill our JW Marriott Brand promise and I appreciate your recognizing them!

Thank you for noting the engagement you had with Ms. Lien; she is a valuable member of our team and I will be sure to let her know of your appreciation!

We will look forward to having you back again for another great stay!

Modiin, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I just checked out after 3 nights at the hotel. This was my first visit to Vietnam so I was not quite sure what to expect but you managed to beat all my expectations! This is one of the best hotels I have stayed anywhere in the world. The facilities are spotless and the staff are so eager to please. If business brings me back to Hanoi you will be seeing me again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank arylil
Dear arylil,

It is a pleasure to see your review on Trip Advisor, speaking of your first trip to Vietnam! I am pleased that you selected our JW Marriott Hanoi for your initial visit and very happy to hear that our well kept facilitiy and gracious staff made for a great first impression!

You had come a long way to visit us and I trust that your business requirments will bring you back to us soon!

Thank you again for sharing your experience!