We live in Hanoi. Nevertheless sometimes we just want to "escape" from the daily routine by going to somewhere without going out of the city. This time was JW Marriott and we were fully satisfied!
I will try to go into as detail as I can since this one is a new hotel.
1. The building:
Overall architecture is amazing and ecologist with green on the top of the building (grass which looks like a golf course). The building enjoys a big landscape and they successfully decorated it with small artificial hills covered of green, fountain and big flower-pots, and a beautiful lake. Everything is new and spacious.
Last but not least, the swimming pool placed on the "wing" of the building was thrilling us in terms of view. You are highly recommended to go there. (However I do not highly appreciate the pool itself which is 1.1m only on one side. I'd prefer 1.5m on both sides)
2. Location and View:
- We are not talking about an "old quarter" - located/nearby property at all, but something in the most modern and new area of Hanoi. We have kind of 360 degree view all around: the closest is the National Convention center, then Keangnam tower which is the highest building in Hanoi, The Manor - a luxury residential complex etc.
- If you are on business around this area of My Dinh, Cau Giay etc, this hotel is a perfect choice. If you are on holidays, I think it's not bad idea to see another Hanoi other than what you always hear and read about. On the other hand it seems the hotel provide shuttle bus to old quarters for guess (this one I'm not sure, you need to check).
3. Food: just awesome!
We were surprise with that JW Cafe where we got dinner and breakfast buffet. European (italian and french), Japanese, Vietnamese foods - all of them are fresh and delicious! In this Mekong region, we (my colleagues and I) usually say that Sofitel is the best to feed us (french gastronomy, you know :-) ), but now I found this Marriott is at least at this level.
Furthermore, this s so enjoyable to have meals in a restaurant that obtain a stunning view to outside!
4. Room and Bed:
Bed is perfect! Among my best beds in 5*.
The room is modernly designed. I love the 2 faces- wardrobe and the big lacquer picture on the wall.
And I love the fact that there are lots of towels - new and high quality - in room.
- Positive for front desk. Quick and professional. We had a female Japanese receptionist as my friend is a Japanese.
- Normal for JW Cafe (buffet place). In general staff at that Cafe is diligent enough, especially the ones in charge of Japanese and Vietnamese foods. However we were a bit upset of one staff named Tu Anh, who showed her unhappy look when we wanted to stay at a table which was not yet ready and she had to ask another staff to clean it up. We wanted that table because of its good view to the lake. The cafe was not busy at that time, and this kind of request from guess can be frequent, so I'd think that staff willingness/professionalism is highly expected!
- A negative point for the room making - they forgot to put tooth brush in our room. So we had to call them. Luckily they were quick to fix it. Another confusing point is the phone in our room did not work (?), so we had to use cell phone to call to the main line.
Overall, it was a good experience of us. Would recommend it to you. Any not very positive comments above is more for the hotel 's manager(s) 's attention than claim!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Iconic Luxury in full bloom. From the expressive architecture outside to the authentic signature JW Marriott services inside, we welcome you to experience the new definition of contemporary luxury, located in the new central business district, adjacent to the National Convention Center of West Hanoi. The perfect place for regional and global meetings, incentives and any type of gathering, the hotel offers one of the largest and most innovative meeting venues in the region including 2 ballrooms and extensive foyer areas, covering 5,000sqm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.