“You can still smell the fresh paint”

JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #34 of 579 Hotels in Hanoi
redondo beach
“You can still smell the fresh paint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

This newly opened hotel is absolutely amazing. The architecture is awesome and do make sure to check out the pool area overlooking Hanoi. Spectacular views all around, from the lake to the city. The service was phenomenal and incomparable to other hotels in Vietnam. The have a great shuttle that can take you to and from the downtown area.

I work in a hotel as an event coordinator and I must say, there meeting and conference floor is one that should not be missed. The entire hotel is so beautiful and conveniently located to Hanoi's convention center. A bit away from the airport and downtown area, but taxis are very affordable and a taxi ride through the chaotic traffic is an experience that cannot be missed!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with either side of the hotel. The lake view is beautiful, but the city view is...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lauren m
JWMarriottHanoiTeam, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear lauren m,

Thank you so much for the great review on your recent experience at our new JW Marriott Hanoi! While we still consider ourselves new, we have actually just hit our 6 month anniversary!

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed the architechural design of our building which creates the impressive indoor pool and vistas of the city of Hanoi, that you enjoyed! It is inspired by "Dragon folklore" and our pool is symbolic of the head of the Dragon.

Our staff are the best,and work very hard at sharing not only their pride of working with the JW Marriott but also as they share their pride of Hanoi and Vietnam in their engaging demenor with our guests! Very glad that you received that in your interaction with our team!

Lauren M, as an Event professional, I am pleased that you were impressed with our "Built for MICE" facilities. I refer to it as a Meeting Professional's Dream in that our space (17 distingtive rooms) and dining outlets for MICE events are located all on a single floor and make for timely and easy transitions from general session, to breakouts and meals. We have had many an organizer in awe when they come for a site tour!

Thank you again for sharing your story and I trust that we may one day have you back with us; perhaps as a meeting organizer, with your own group!!

email: robert.fabiano@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

The people make this hotel even more incredible. Everyone is helpful and knows the hotel and the city. The free transportation to Hanoi's sightseeing spots was terrific (just book early!) and the lounge and pool were real treats.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank PalominoMadera
JWMarriottHanoiTeam, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear PalominoMadera,

Thank you for a fantastic review on your recent visit to our new JW Marriott Hanoi!

From the commencement of our recruiting effort we have committed ourselves to selecting an engaging and passionate team to bring the JW Marriott Hanoi "to life". I am very pleased to see that you have recognized their efforts in providing a gracious and accomodating environement that we have created for our guests!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we hope that you will have another opportunity to stay with us in the future!

Ambert, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Embodied all of JW Marriott core values. Terrific staff who worked tirelessly to make sure our stay was as wonderful as it could be. Especially impressed with the Antidote Bar and the French Grill. The exec lounge was fab.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Peter E
JWMarriottHanoiTeam, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Peter E,

Greetings from the JW Marriott Hanoi! I want to thank you for the fabulous comments you have shared with us on your recent visit to our Hotel.

From the moment we opened, our mission was to present our JW Brand culture through our staff by delivering warm and gracious service, luxurious products and appointments and by offering a distingtive culinary experience.

I am very pleased to hear that we delivered on that promise in all ways.

Peter E, I trust your travels will bring you back to Hanoi sometime in the future and we will look forward to once again creating a wonderful experience for you!

Berryville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I had a recent visit in April 2014 and the stay was outstanding! Accommodations, staff and other details were exceptional! I would not hesitate to stay again and highly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: All rooms I saw were excellent!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank RT_Mark
Dear RT_Mark,

Thanks for the great review in regards to your recent visit to our JW Marriott Hanoi! Appreciate all of your comments as well as your believe in what our team provides day in and day out! We have all worked to insure we provde a gracious and genuine level of sevice!

I appreciate very much your recommending us to your friends and colleagues and we will look forward to you next visit!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is why we love the JW Marriott! The entire staff is perceptive and attentive. We were pleased that they were so helpful in accommodating our need for an extra bed for our daughter, for 1 night. The executive lounge is well worth it; beautiful views, great snacks, and the best Vietnam iced coffee, made to order! We enjoyed the excellent spa and work-out room. (However, the pool was a bit chilly for my taste but rather "refreshing.") We traveled through South Vietnam, up to Hanoi, and this was our last accommodation prior to returning home. Perfect way to end our wonderful time in Vietnam; we'll be back!

Room Tip: Executive level
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Yolcu_traveler
Dear Yolcu_traveler,

Thank you for the wonderful review for your recent visit to our JW Marriott Hanoi!

I am very happy to hear that our staff was attentive and gracious in providing great service to you and accomodating your needs! I also appreciate the comments of our Executive Lounge food and staff and it's nice to know that you found our Vietnamese Coffee to be authentic as well as satisfying.

Lastly it is our pleasure knowing that we ended your exciting Vietnam tour on a high note before traveling back home.

Thank you again for sharing your experience!

Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

This will be my only hotel in Hanoi to stay if I ever come to Hanoi again.

The journey to hotel from airport is long and I have arrive Hanoi at the peak of the traffic jam. However once I arrived at the hotel entrance, I was greeted by a cheerful and friendly bellman, Tuyen. Both reception desk staff and concierge staff (Diamond, Emerald, etc) are wonderful and helpful. Tuyen also brought around the hotel for a tour, and this really help me to get to know the hotel surrounding, given that this is the largest hotel in the city.

This hotel has great access to my Hanoi office and it is very easy to get in and out. The also have a Buffalo Tour personnel to assist any tours. Very helpful staff (Nga).

My room is makeup twice a day! Which really gives a very comfortable sense each time I return from work or a late afternoon sightseeing.

Great food selection and very yummilious. Must try the buffet spread and French Gill when you stay here.

In short, everything and everyone is awesome.

Room Tip: Is a big hotel, if you are lazy to do a long walk to your room, get those nearer to the lifts.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Daniel_Yap
JWMarriottHanoiTeam, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Daniel_Yap,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience in our new JW Marriott Hanoi!

Your recognition of our staff is particularly pleasing and I always enjoy hearing how our the team engages our guests and provides true JW Brand service. While I am not surprised to hear how Tuyen, Diamond, Emerald and Nga took care of your needs, I will surely share your comments with each of them personally.

I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our culinary delights; our JW Cafe and French Grill have been well received and our new Crystal Jade Palace, serving Cantonese favorites, is another new addition to our Food & Beverage experience. Hope you get to try that next time!

Daniel, I hope that you will indeed come back to Hanoi and we will look forward to providing another great experience!

Thank you for sharing your visit!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic while the decor a bit modern for my liking you can't fault it. Spotless, friendly staff and a bit over-accommodating if that is possible. Hotel fairly new so only 50% full so lots of staff eager to help. Concierge was fantastic helped me organize my day with maps and easy translations annunciated so I could understand. Food and drink overpriced for Vietnam but not for high end hotel. A bit out of way but we liked that coming back to peace and quite!! Cheap cab rides back and forth or free shuttles from hotel to old district. Need few more times added. Lastly lights in room annoying and curtain only open or close can't have in between!! Lol small issue for an overall fantastic stay.

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank tbwinn22
JWMarriottHanoiTeam, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear tbwinn22,

Thank you for the great review on your recent visit to our JW Marriott Hanoi!

I appreciate greatly the recognition of our staff and spotless condition you found during your visit. All of the team have worked extremely hard at presenting the most luxurious facility in Hanoi that we can!

Our F& B pricing is determined on the 5Star hotel market and we feel that the abundant options in all of our outlets offer a strong sense of value.

Thanks for the suggestion on the shuttle service, we will certainly take a look at that to insure we are scheduled according to our guests needs; should be something we can alter fairly easily.

tbwinn22, our guestroom curtains are programed to stop where our guests desire, so if you would not mind sending me a quick email on your room number i would appreciate that; I would like to check and see if we need to adjust the program.

Thanks again for the great sharing and hope that you will have an opportunity to be back with us soon!