“Absolutely amazing!!!”

JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #43 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This was our first stop in Vietnam and we didn't want to leave! We had a suite and it was gorgeous. It is a new hotel and everything is done well. The suite was huge and spotless. The layout is perfect for a family and provides tones of room! The staff are amazing and are will go out of their way to help with bookings or information. The pool and hottubs are amazing. The hotel manager is very present and goes out of his wY to ensure your stay is excellent. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Highly recommend.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Tricia C
JWMarriottHanoiTeam, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Tricia C,

Thank you for the great review on your recent visit to Hanoi and your stay at our new JW Marriott Hanoi Hotel!

I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel clean and spacious, and, family friendly! Glad to know you had the opportunity to visit and use our wonderful glass enclosed pool area and hope that all of the family enjoyed the experience.

Tricia C, I also appreciate your recognizing our team for their their hospitable and accomodating engagment and glad that those you came in contact with left you with positive memories.

Hopefully your travels will bring you back to Vietnam in the future where we look for your stay to be a longer and equally enjoyable experience!

Email: robert.fabiano@marriott.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,768)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We just spent 4 wonderful days at the JW Marriott in Hanoi. The hotel gets a 6+ for ambience! architectural design, interior design, staff professionalism and customer service. The lighting design is especially the most impressive complement to each room. The flow from restaurant to bar to lounge is a very pleasing transition. We had a wonderful dinner at the French Grill especially enjoying the most fabulous steak ever. The salmon filet was also prepared with excellence. We were greeted by the general manager, Bob Fabiano, during our stay. We were so grateful to spend time with him talking about the hotel design and facilities. Cudos to the project team for such a grand product!

3  Thank HappyinHanoi2014
JWMarriottHanoiTeam, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear HappyinHanoi2014,

It was a great pleasure meeting you both during your satisfying stay at our new JW Marriott Hanoi!

I am always happy to be able to share the story of the inspiration in our design and the various architechural high-lights of the building with our guests.

Thank you for the glowing comments on our overall design and particularly your comments regarding our staff, which makes us very proud to know they engaged with you during your visit.

It is also pleasing to hear that the evening in our French Grill was close to perfection; great steak and seafood, I will certainly share your comments with our team!

HappyinHanoi2014, thank you again for sharing your experience with us and I trust that future travels will bring you back to Asia and another great stay with us in Hanoi!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed here in November 2013, which was only a couple of months after its opening. The hotel in general was great with a spacious and nicely decorated room, great breakfast, nice facilities (heated indoor swimming pool was especially great in Hanoi winter!). It was officially not under soft opening status, but a couple of things were still under preparation including some restaurant and shower room attached to the gym (sauna and jacuzzi were not in operation at that time).

I think this hotel is generally good one, and most of the things would be fully functional by now, but I would still want to point out the following:

- JW Cafe (where guests have breakfast) has strange, very very cheap-looking color neon, which is obvious at night (green, pink, yellow, ...). It looks like local coffee shops or karaoke bars almost. Bad taste for 5 star international hotel, I should say.

- Lounge (not the executive lounge, but the one on the ground floor) was not as luxurious as we expected. Sofas were a bit on a hard side; the lounge decoration was not really relaxing (we left after one glass); and the worst was the menu, which was printed on normal paper with very poor quality printing and rough hand cutting (just like you prepare by yourself at home!). Not 5 star standard, I would say.

- The restaurant, the French Grill. Overall it was ok, but for the price, I would expect better quality of food. We ordered both steaks and seabass. Steaks were just fine, but not amazing to be honest (El Gaucho, for instance, gives you much better steaks in my opinion), and seabass was off the standard (fish quality was not up to the standard with a bit of muddy smell). The interior and staff service were excellent though.

- It's very very far from downtown. It was fine with us as we knew it, but general travelers should know this hotel is almost outside Hanoi City. It might take 20-30 min. by taxi to get main downtown.

We might come back to this hotel after a while to see how improvements are made, but as it was, for the price, I would say it is still premature to say that this hotel is excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kenyalang
JWMarriottHanoiTeam, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Kenyalang,

Thank you for sharing your visit with us in November. You are right in that we had recently opened and were still putting the finishing touches on a few areas of the Hotel. We are now fully opened with the exception of our Crystal Jade Palace Cantonese Restaurant which is scheduled to open March 1st.

I appreciate the comments on the design elements of JW Cafe and Lounge. We are also re-writing our French Grill menu, including removing some of the beef cuts we are using! I believe you would find both our beef and our seafood more to your liking with some of the changes we have made. Thanks for the great comments on our staff performance in the French Grill!

We are located approximately 8.5 KM from the "old quarter" an have recently added 3-times a day shuttle service to the Hoen Kiem Lake area, which we hope will make for much easier access to the sights of Hanoi.

Kenyalang, thank you again for sharing your experience and I do hope that we will have the opportunity for you to return for a new and improved stay! We're looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Just spent three nights at the new JW in Hanoi and came away impressed. Really nice layout to the rooms (we were on the Exec. Floor in a deluxe room), comfy beds, very quiet with great views over the new man-made lake and park area under development. Unfortunately they had an indoor pool but it is on the top floor and the gym was large and very nice, as was the spa. Executive floor lounge was great with made to order breakfast options and a great evening happy hour with tasty hot and cold food options. I did have an average steak at the French Bistro though so some work to do there but the breakfast buffet at the main restaurant was one of the best I have ever seen although there is quite a bit of walking about to get to all of the food stations. Overall, the staff tries very hard to please, room service food was great. The hotel is a bit out of town but not so far as to make it a big problem. I recommend using their car service for airport pick-up as the taxi's are not so nice...overall a great hotel with a few opening pains to work through but well priced rooms and food make it a great convention option as well as their meeting room set-up was excellent.

1  Thank Scottyp2014
JWMarriottHanoiTeam, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Scotty P,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our new JW Marriott Hanoi! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the 8th floor; our "wellness" floor where the fitness center and Spa by JW are located, overlooking the lake and National Convention Center Park. Our indoor pool is built on a cantilever design and is a 4-season pool; designed with Laps in mind!

I am sorry that your meal in our French Grill wasn't up to your satisfaction. We are in the process adjusting our menu and will change some of our offerings.

Scotty P glad to know that you enjoyed the food offerings in our Executive Lounge and JW Cafe, where our 5 live cooking stations certainly provide a wide range of offerings.

While our hotel appeals to both business and leisure travelers, our 2,450 m2s of conference facilities have allowed us to attract many conferences and social events and I am pleased you had an opportunity to experience the rooms.

Trust that your travels wll bring you back to Hanoi in the near future and we will again have you stay with us!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

My partner and I spent about a week at the JW Marriott in Hanoi, and we were both very impressed. The rooms are beautiful, the executive lounge is large and well appointed, and perhaps most impressive of all, the staff of the hotel is professional, helpful, and just incredibly nice. We have traveled throughout the US and most of Asia, and I'd say that this was the most pleasant stay we've had. At first, I was concerned about the location because this hotel is relatively far from the Old Quarter and most of the other main tourist attractions. However, we never spent more than about 170,000 dong--which is maybe $8. US--to get anywhere in the city by cab, and the concierge and doormen made sure we had directions to our destination and back again in Vietnamese, which made cab rides easy. This hotel made our stay in Vietnam something I'll not long forget. If I were opening a hotel, I would do whatever it takes to hire the staff of this hotel: they are amazing.

3  Thank John P

Dear John P,

Can't tell you how much we enjoyed reading your review of your recent visit to our JW Marriott Hanoi. With all of the beautiful hotels you no doubt have visited during your Asian Travels, how proud we are to hear that you rank your stay at our JW Marriott Hanoi as the most pleasant experience!

Our staff are proud of their contribution to our hotel and share that with our guests in many ways, as you experienced and we share all of the great comments we receive about them.

John P, hoping that your travels will bring you back for a future visit to Hanoi and I hope that we will meet and provide you another fantastic stay!

Best regards,

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The hotel, spa, executive floor, Resturants and views are outstanding. The rooms are amazing with every amenity you could dream of with comfortable bed, beautifully partitioned walls to separate room from bathroom which has free standing bath tub! Truly lovely. The staff tries extremely hard to please, but still has some growing pains and service issues. I just departed last night and after reading the managers comments, I would like to say there still is no shuttle service from the hotel to the city, which I was told there would be as well. If the taxis can find the hotel it's usually a $8.00 fair to or from town. But returning from the city several of our drivers got very lost and the fairs were closer to $26.00 fairs. In time this will become a very popular hotel, but currently the Vietnamese drivers seem to have difficulty finding the hotel or admitting they don't know where it is! We enjoyed our stay and wish your staff all the best. Thanks, Lynda

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Lynda B

Dear Lynda B,

Thank you for your review of our new JW Marriott Hanoi. Great to hear your comments regarding the design elements and physical product of our hotel, it is truley majestic. We have a young and accomodating staff and we continue to work on our service standards that we are know are so important to our guests and have confidence that we will rapidly improve.

Please accept my personal apology for not providing you shuttle service to downtown; we ran into some vehicle dificulties that delayed the planned start, but finally began on the 23rd of January. We run this service 3 times per day and hope this service will make it easy and more comfortable for our guests to move back and forth to the downtown areas of interest. I appreciate the comments on the taxi service. We have worked diligently with the Airport Taxis' for their knowledge of our hotel. Our Hotel Taxi is Hanoi Taxi Group and they have been very helpful in communicating our location to their downtown taxis and we will continue to work with the other companies to improve that.

I trust that your travels will bring you back to Hanoi and I hope that we will have an opportunity to have you back with us.

Lynda B thank you for sharing your experience!

robert.fabiano@marriott.com

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My goodness, this is the most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed in - it seems a bit weird that such decadence exists so close to the real life of Vietnam from the window. This was a free stay with Marriott Rewards points. The hotel is actually 12km from Hanoi city centre, so a taxi ride of about 150,000 VND is needed.

The room was incredible - a huge open room with the bathroom all in one, but with sliding doors to close the bathroom area off completely if required. There were separate toilet and shower rooms. All lights were push-button - even buttons for "do not disturb" and "please clean my room". There was a huge bowl of Asian fruits in the room on arrival. Every toiletry and amenity item you could wish for were in the bathroom. The lights come on in the wardrobes when you open them. There was a Bose sound system, a huge television, artwork on the walls, fresh flowers, digital bathroom scales and a top-quality coffee machine. There is also a room safe, and the curtains even open and close at the touch of a button.

The bed gives you the best night's sleep you have ever had - the entire wall behind the bed is padded. It is incredibly quiet, and the air conditioning can be turned onto a quiet mode. Whether it is business or pleasure, you wake up refreshed and then walk to the bathroom right next to the bedroom with no doors or walls (unless you simply slide them into place!)

In the hotel, there are countless bars and restaurants for you to choose from - there was no need to use any of them, but they look great. If you're on holiday, there is a Buffalo Tours desk to arrange excursions. It is primarily a business hotel, but it makes a luxurious holiday base if you are prepared to take a taxi ride into the city.

When you get back after a busy day, there is even a card on your pillow informing you of the weather the next day. This really is a luxury hotel. I don't know how much it costs without Marriott Rewards Points, and really don't want to.

Room Tip: I think every room in this hotel would be perfect. No noise worries at all.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Roger T
JWMarriottHanoiTeam, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Roger T,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our new JW Marriott Hanoi and the enjoyment you had with all of the luxurious appointments we have to offer! We are proud of the unique design and the many JW Brand amenties we provide our guests, from the wonderful aromatherapy bath amenties to the fresh flowers and fruit selections to the nightly note on your pillow.

Our restaurants, including the JW Cafe, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet and ala carte offerings to the French Grill, already known throughout Hanoi for steaks and seafood and our soon to open Crystal Jade Palace, a cantonese restaurant well-known throughout Souteast Asia; all priced at a great value in the marketplace.

The design of our building is inspired by dragon folklore and created by Carlos Zapata Studios of New York. The Hotel, owned and developed by Bitexco Group, a large, well known and recognized real estate development company here in Hanoi, and is known for creating architecturally inspiring, iconic projects and we are very proud of what we have to offer and showcase to our guests.

As for the distance to Hanoi City Centre, we have measured the distance at 8.5 km from the hotel to downtown and I am sorry that you apparently were not taken there in the most direct of routes.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to have you back with us one day soon! I would enjoy hearing from you and assisting you in reserving your accommodations.