“Many thanks for fantastic tip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dirtbike Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #133 of 456 Outdoor Activities in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Known as ADV Motorcycle Tours & Dirtbike Travel (or just simple called Dirtbike Travel), we are specialized in organizing custom motorcycle tours covering every destination in Vietnam. All of our trips are designed to suit every rider with different preferences such as laidback sightseeing tours, intensive enduro tours and everything in between. We offer rides all over the northern mountains of Vietnam, down the Ho Chi Minh Trail with powerful dirt bike Honda CRF250L or Honda XR250L for all level: novice, intermediate and expert.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Many thanks for fantastic tip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I can't thank them enough for what they did to our holiday to Vietnam so wonderful. Their guide was so nice and made us feel so welcome. Thong was not only a lot of fun to be with, but he provided us with some great information and tips to follow for the remainder of our trip. The bikes, the accommodations, and the places we visited were great.

Thanks again for everything Dirtbike Travel and Dirtbike Friends CLB did to make our trip the best vacation we could have ever hoped for!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank robbie1777

• Korean first
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“On the road through Northern Vietnam and making new friends!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just got back from my trip to Vietnam and a definite highlight was the motorbike trip through Northern Vietnam and the assistance of Dirt Bike Travel. I was welcomed like a friend, invited for dinner and beers and attended a wedding! Most definitely because of Dirt Bike Travel and the group of people attached to this great company. A variety of itinaries were offered, eventhough I changed my route and plans every other day to be honest, and I loved the bike. A great feeling to have your freedom and go as you please to discover those places where the busses with tourists never come. This has chaged my way of looking at travelling and I can recommend it to everybody. For the adventurous; you can do it by yourself on one of their bikes, but to take a guide and go with a group of friends will make things even better. The bike was in good condition and never let me down on the 2000 km trip, I was given spare parts and tools if I would need anything and an emergency number to get hold of 24/7. I had the time of my life!!

Visited May 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Great tour that you would never get on a bus tour.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We took a 1 day tour around Hanoi, and we really enjoyed ourselves. To my surprise, we were greeted with a really really beautiful 1953 Vespa which was such and experience. Thang was a fantastic guide. I really have to commend him on his riding skills as he knew how to set a good pace and rode defensively to make sure Hanoi Traffic would not bother us. We rode for the first time in ""crazy" traffic but we felt comfortable throughout even through rush hour Hanoi traffic.

Given the short time, we really got a chance to see all the major attractions around Hanoi. In particular we really enjoyed the coffee places and markets that Thang brought us to at our request. Do check you are comfortable with the scooter first before setting off. If we have to suggest, riding with a Pinion on the old vespa (with no suspension except on the seat) is a bit tiring, best reserved for solo riding.

Visited April 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Sharing Their Passion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've had the pleasure of travelling with the guys from Dirtbike Travel on several occasions. Each time I've ended up in amazing, remote places that you would definitely not find in your guide book.

The company is run by a bunch of passionate offroaders with literrally decades of experience travelling to the most out of the way places in Vietnam (and abroad). The range of bikes they have access to is much broader than any other tour company in the north so you're guaranteed to find something that's a good fit for your size, experience and riding style.

Can't recommend them enough!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Matthew B
Hanoi
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Real experiences of real Vietnamese beauty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The company is owned by few backpackers who are well-known in the traveling society in Vietnam. They are real travel-freaks, off-roading to any corner of the beautiful S-shape country.

I had few chances traveling with the group. They were awesome guides, very experienced, knowledgable about the places, the local custom and culture which I loved it all.

If you are the type of window-traveller, hopping in a bus, not want to sweat, just easy strolling around to take few photos to show your friends you have been there- done that, then I recommend you not to choose this group. Because their way of traveling is very different, it is for REAL TRAVELLER, who wants to taste the REAL local life, the true simple beauty of daily life in some far corner of the East, or the West up north Vietnam.

This company offers medium bikes ranging from 150cc to 250cc which are quite suitable for the geography up north Vietnam, very narrow, bumpy, muddy when it rains. It might be little bit pricy for local people, but considering the experiences you harness during the trip then the rent from $20-$40/day/bike is totally worth it.

Visited February 2013