“Home is where you make it...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Family Homestay
Ranked #24 of 384 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Bangkok
“Home is where you make it...”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I happened to find my way to Hanoi Family Homestay completely by chance. Lucky me! Ive been living and traveling South East Asia for the better part of a year an I haven't been anywhere that can match the hospitality comfort that I felt while staying here. I was stayed for a week and felt like a part of the family by the time I left. The owner, Huong (Perfume), is as hospitable as they come. She is always willing to give you a coffee or breakfast, book a trip for you (I booked a trip to Sapa with her and it was amazing), or help you negotiate with people in the neighborhood so you get a better deal than the usual tourist prices.
The rooms are can fit one or two people comfortably, with private toilets / showers. It can be a bit noisy in the morning because the streets in Hanoi are small and people are liberal with their horns on their motorbikes. Maybe there are more modern hotels in the area but they will not be the same good bargain.
I cant recommend Hanoi Family Homestay enough and wont stay anywhere else whenever I go to Hanoi. Just stop in and see for yourself!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DPoppinga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Thai first
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed April 29, 2013

... you can read these words at the moment if you step into this hospitable house. And these words are really true. We stayed at Huong´s two nights and felt like family members. Everyone in this house are so friendly !! Huong helped us from our first steps in Hanoi when she waited for us at the train station early in the morning.
She booked for us a fantastic trip to Halong Bay and was waiting for us after that like a mum waiting for her children:-) And then again early in the morning she made for us breakfest and said “Good Bye” when we were leaving the city.
We met in this house many tourists all ages and she was so nice, friendly and helpful to all of them. Ask everything her and immediately you´ll get some help ! And listen to her voice, it sounds wonderful !! Many, many thanks for all !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Patzcuaro, Mexico
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was seeking tours in Vietnam. I gave Huong a proposed itinerary of cities and sights I hoped to see in available time from Hue to Saigon. She made tour recommendations - we fine tuned it a touch. Then she arranged for tours, transportation and hotels from Hue to Saigon. Tours were definitely excellent, reasonable prices. I was well satisfied at any price. Hotels were great - better than I would have selected and reasonably priced too. Seamless transportation, hotels, tours - doesn't get much easier than how she lined it up!! Next time in Hanoi - and there will be a next time - I will see Huong and make arrangements to tour spots I didn't have time to do recently.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Pordenone, Italy
Reviewed March 27, 2013

OK .Where to start from?
I stayed here for a week and in 5 months in South East Asia I never felt this welcome.
Not because the other places I stayed in lacked hospitality but simply because Huong( she also calls herself Perfume) ,the woman in charge, and her family seem to care about their guests more than anything else.
The day starts with a basic but very good breakfast consisting of a baguette with omelet or butter and jam and some fruits plus Vietnamese coffee or tea:no matter what time you wake up of course you will have breakfast.
There are 3 rooms (2 double and 1 twin) with television and en suite bathroom ,simple but tidy,clean and spacious enough with a view of the lively street below.A fourth room is on the way.They charge 8 USD for a solo traveler and 15 for 2 people.
The guesthouse is located in the hearth of the old quarter opposite a bamboo shop(where you can constantly see the artisans making stepladders and smoking pipes) and next to a very lively very authentic 'bia hoi' bar ,a bit noisy at the times but only until 10 o'clock. .
Huong,her cousin and her husband are constantly concerned with your satisfaction and always ready to get you a coffee,a tea or to provide you with all the information you need whether that is the bus timetable,a cheap shop which doesn't overcharge you,directions,and so on.
WI-FI ,book exchange and laundry service are also available.
They can also book any kind of tour for you(Ha long Bay,Sapa,a tour of Hanoi....) from the budget to the high end ones.
During my stay I was constantly invited to join the family(which also includes Huong's 2 children) for lunch and dinner to the point that one would think that there is something wrong with the whole thing: the only wrong thing is that I couldn't stay longer.
Come and see for yourselves.
Gianpaolo -ITALY(Yes ,I can write in English!)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo