“Hanoi Tour”

Hanoi Free Walking Tours
Ranked #67 of 854 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Hanoi Free Walking Tours, established in late of 2011, is known as a student - run organization based in Hanoi, Vietnam. By voluntarily taking city tours in Hanoi, we hope to bring to travelers from all over the world an insight into our culture, tradition and beautiful sight-seeing. Each individual can explore their full potential through cross-cultural experiences and extracurricular activities.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We contacted "Hanoi kids" to arrange a tour around Hanoi. We indicated that we wanted to see particular sights, and Sami arrived, punctual, at our hotel to show us around. Unfortunately she was from Hanoi Walking tours and so expected it to be a walking tour, around the old quarter, from where our hotel was. However, no problem, we took taxi's which she arranged and saw everything we wanted, combined with general chit-chat and a greater understanding of Hanoi/Vietnamese life. She took us to a local, semi-back street place to eat. It was a great day. I'd heartily recommend Hanoi Kids or Hanoi Free Walking Tours if you want to experience a little bit more of Hanoi.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

It was a great experience exploring Hanoi with Vietnamese students because they talk and teach about the sights and also their real life. Great!

1  Thank Danielmontalvo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked a walking tour in Hanoi, online. Two young students arrived at my hotel within minutes of my arrival. I just wanted to familiarize myself with the area and they kindly walked me around the Old Quarter and visited a few tourist attractions. They enjoyed the opportunity to speak English and I enjoyed their company. They taught me to tackle the traffic and walk through the "organized chaos" on the roads.

1  Thank Grace P
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We booked a walking tour with students two weeks before our arrival in Hanoi. While the booking process was a bit confusing it all worked out and the girls were waiting for us in the foyer of our hotel at the time we'd asked for. They were friendly and very kind - such lovely people. Our boys really enjoyed meeting some locals. In terms of the actual tour I'd say the experience was more about interacting with the guides rather than getting any real insight into the city as our particular guides weren't able to answer our questions about shopping or places to eat but overall it was well worth organising it to meet the girls.

1  Thank Fly1170
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had a really brilliant time on our walking tour of the Old Quarter. Tung, our guide, was excellent. He was friendly and very knowledgable. This was one of the highlights of our time in Hanoi as we got an real insight into life in the city.

1  Thank beeker77