“Good location, great staff”

Hanoi Art Boutique Hotel
Ranked #6 of 405 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Situated in an amazing location in the heart of Old Quarter, this little hotel has won me over with their warm hospitality and their efficiency.

Emily and her staff provided sincere services, and made my stay a highly enjoyable one. From personally confirming my booking before I even flew into Hanoi, she made my maiden trip into Hanoi a truly memorable one with her attentiveness and kindness. Not only was Emily a gem, the staff of the hotel grew to become family to me. Never once have I encountered a hiccup throughout my 5 days, and for a seasoned traveller like me, I definitely found it very comforting to discover an enclave for my future visits whenever I am in Hanoi again.

The breakfast buffet was more than sufficient, and with a separate menu that you could choose your special order from that is made from scratch upon request, you will definitely be fueled up for your adventures in Hanoi.

The concierge was swift in helping out in giving out directions/providing maps and recommending local fares, this is something I appreciate because I would like to be immersed in the local culture as much as possible.

I only have pleasant things to say about this little boutique hotel and the hotel staff that grew to become my family despite the few short days. I am looking forward to returning to Hanoi and staying with this hotel again.

Thank you, Art Boutique.

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for Hanoi Art Boutique Hotel

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and for the most part would recommend this hotel. The staff are very friendly and even learn your name - very sweet. The rooms are a good size, very clean and powerful shower. The breakfast was nice, the only issue is the amount of tables - we always had to share with other people but actually it was nice to chat with them so this was fine. The hotel left sweets in your room every night which was a really nice touch.

We did find that as our room was on the side near the kitchens / breakfast (303) don't expect to lay in. It was very noisy from around 6.30am.

We also booked a 1 day tour of Halong Bay at the hotel, as we were concerned after reading lonely planet we may end up with something bad. The tour itself was fine, the weather was terrible in March, but that is to be expected. We paid $60/person but later saw hotels offering the same tour for less so we felt a little ripped off.

Anyway, overall I would recommend this hotel and the beds/pillows were the most comfy we had in all SE Asia.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We arrived in Hanoi knowing practically nada about Hanoi... Jet lagged, these lovely people were the perfect hosts. Top remarks are: room; although unbelievably good value, room was spacious, clean, nice bathroom, safe in room and hotel excellent location. A percent base to access all that hanoi has to offer. Staff we're amazing courteous and helpful. Good value and accurate advise given on all trips. Breakfast really good with western and Vietnamese available although juices were 'interesting'. Great cafe on crossroads near called cong. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the good price on Expedia. Has a sister hotel called Art Trendy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The staff is great and helpful with questions you might have about Hanoi. The location of the hotel is close to everything. The breakfast is good. The hotel can arrange a car/taxi for $20 USD to get to and from the airpot. The wifi was great throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is a great place to stay! I stayed at a place in HCMC which was actually the same price but the service wasn't as good. They made me felt welcoming at the very beginning, and offer drinks and snacks while they check you in. I was actually only in Hanoi for one day and the lady at the receptionist was just great in creating a schedule for me to see everything in one day. The staff are great and they make you feel welcomed. The rooms were clean and tidy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Location: Right in the middle of the old town. You're within walking distance of most of the sights, restaurants and top street food places and also the train station. If you're coming from the airport and taking the Jetstar or Vietnam Airlines shuttle to the city, you should consider a taxi. The distance from either of the shuttle drop-offs is approx 2 km.

Quality of rooms: Excellent. Nicely decorated. Nice bath room. I'm a single traveller and the size of my room was decent. Excellent wifi all over the hotel and even an "attached" laptop in the room.

Service: Excellent. The breakfast is the standard mix of vietnamese and continental, but of a higher quality than what I experienced elsewhere. The staff is very attentive and helpful. A big positive for me was the fact that I could buy a local sim card and didn't have to bother with locating vendors (not that this is very difficult).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This quiet, little boutique hotel is just a step out of the door away from the bustling street life of Hoan Kiem District, a five-minute walk from Hoan Kiem Lake, right next to the warren of narrow alleyways running through Hanoi's old quarter.

The very attentive english-speaking staff (knowing all their guests by name) are sure to make everybody feel at home, from ensuring communication prior to the stay to airport/trainstation pick-up arrangements and welcome refreshments upon arrival.

Our room was clean and cosy, with a safe, wifi and a laptop for complimentary use, kettle and coffee and tea and fresh fruit every day. The exquisite breakfast is a mix of buffet-style bread, spreads and fruit and freshly prepared warm dishes a la carte. Their Phở still ranks very high on my every growing list of vietnamese breakfast soups.

Great place to enjoy Hanoi.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple