“Excellant location, staff and breakfast!”

Hanoi Art Boutique Hotel
Ranked #6 of 432 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived at the Art Boutique hotel after 3 long days on trains from Hong Kong to Vietnam at around 5:30am. We were in desperate need of a shower and a good sleep. The reception was closed when we first arrived which we expected, but it wasn't long before everyone was up and about welcoming us into the hotel. Obviously we were very early for check in, but we paid half price to check in early to have a shower and enjoy breakfast. Heaven.

The bed was huge, and the showers were hot and powerful. We had a great sleep and then went down to enjoy breakfast a few hours later. I think based on the breakfast alone we could have stayed here for ever. Fresh fruit (passion fruit!!), yoghurts, and a huge range of breakfasts to choose from. The crepes were my favourite, but I think anything you chose would be yummy.

The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Certainly willing to go the extra mile if needed. We even got little sweets when we came back to our room after going out for dinner. It was the little touches like this that really made us enjoy staying here. As well as wifi we also had a laptop in our room, free of charge, which when you're traveling around is great. It really made a change from hunting for an internet cafe like we have done sometimes.

If we stayed in Hanoi again we would stay here for sure and highly recommend it to others. The location was great for getting to the central area of the old quarter (approx 10min walk depending on your road crossing skills!), and despite being next to a busy road, once in the hotel you don't hear any of the street noise.

All in all a great hotel, and thank you again for the early check in!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at The Art Boutique hotel for 3 nights for the last part of my stay in Hanoi . The Hotel is in a great position in the Old Quarter and I reserved a quiet room as valued that over any window/view . The staff here are very friendly and go out of there way to make sure you have an enjoyable stay . It was a thoroughly positive experience and would definitley return . The room was very well presented .Impecabbly clean and well appointed . The breakfast was excellent with combination buffet and a menu for cooked dishes . Im very much looking forward to returning and would highly recommend to other travellers .

Room Tip: A quiet room away from street may be recommended over room with a window /view due to lots of stree...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Couldn't have found friendlier and helpful staff. I really enjoyed my short stay in Hanoi, the service from this hotel made it memorable-thanks to all the staff. Location was great and they will organize everything you need.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank magic09
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We are currently staying with our 8 and 6 year olds at the Art Boutique Hotel. From my 8 year old "They're very welcoming. They make you feel like you're at home." The rooms are comfortable, clean and serviced daily but it's the service that makes this hotel memorable. We asked the staff about the water puppets and within half an hour one of them had gone to the theatre and booked 4 tickets for that afternoon. Nothing seemed like too much trouble. Great large private balcony.

Only down side is the beds are very firm and the door to the balcony did not lock properly.

I loved this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Artboutiquehotel, General Manager at Hanoi Art Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear valued guests,

We would like to express our appreciation to you of having chosen our Art Boutique hotel Hanoi for your stay recently. It’s our pleasure to have you as our guests.

Thank you very much for taking your time to post such a nice review on tripadvisor.com for us. We are happy to know that your stay with us became a truly memorable one because of our impressed services!

We also would like to apology for any inconvenience that you may have had during the time stay with us. Thanks to your valuable comment, the lock of the balcony door has been fixed and now the door can be closed properly. We do hope that there will be no more guests have to experience the same inconvenience like you!

Once again, we really appreciate your kind and valuable support !

We wish to have another opportunity to serve your family at our Art Boutique hotel Hanoi again in the future!

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in April with my sister and daughter and would definitely recommend it! The staff are amazing, incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean, cool and comfortable, we had a balcony from which we could take in the view of the bustling street life below! Well located in the heart of the Old Quarter with a great "Bun Bo" cafe next door for a really quick, cheap and yummy bowl of noodles. Breakfast is very extensive (my daughter especially enjoyed the banana pancakes!) and delicious. A big thank to all the staff who made us feel so welcomed.

Room Tip: if possible request a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Had a fantastic 4 night stay at the Art Boutique. Hotel was clean, and staff very professional. Great location to old quarter & lake.
I'd recommend to use the safe in your room, I had 1500 thai baht taken from my suitcase whilst staying here, the two notes were in a pocket in my suitcase, rather than hidden away in the safe.

Room Tip: Stayed in the city view room, which has a double glazed window.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I actually haven't stayed here however I highly recommend this hotel. One evening I was walking back to my hotel but I got lost in Hanoi streets madness. By then I have used all my cash and all I had was my room card key. I walked into a few hotels, but the staff could not help me, either they spoke poor English or they couldn't find address of my hotel on the Internet. I started panicking. I walked further in hope of finding the right way home. I then decided to ask for help in the next hotel which happened to be art boutique hotel. At this point a fear of not finding my hotel address kicked in and I started crying. The staff of the hotel immediately came to the rescue. They sat me down, brought glass of water and in perfect English reassured me that they will do everything they can to bring me back home. And they did! My hotel had 4 branches and the kind receptionist called all of them. Once she found out where I was staying, she didn't let me walk back but has arranged a porter to take me back on his private bike! I would like to thank again the wonderful staff at ABH for, what then felt like, saving my life!

1  Thank MimiK0106