“Excellent Sevice & Hospitality”

Hanoi Art Boutique Hotel
Ranked #6 of 422 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have stayed in the Art Boutique Hotel for 3 nights 2 weeks ago, on our roundtrip of Vietnam and Thailand, and we really liked the place. Situated on a main road, leading directly into the bustling Old Quarter of Hanoi, the place is in walking distance of many sights. Nice and clean rooms, excellent service & a good breakfast buffet round up the overall ambiance of quality.
Stay there if you wanna fall over and be right there where street life happens in Hanoi !

Room Tip: Take a quiet room in the backyard direction, then you don´t hear a single motorbike or car!
1  Thank Tai Z

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here for eight nights over three separate stays in August and on each stay the staff were uniformly excellent. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with fresh fruit every day and the breakfast selection is excellent. Nothing is too much trouble. For example I asked about a Vietnamese SIM card and a member of staff went out, got me one and fitted it in my phone. They know how to treat tourists in a strange city. They put you at your ease, point out things to look out for and all in the most friendly informative manner. To give an example of the level of service: I checked out on the Tuesday morning to travel to Sapa (night sleeper trains there and back) for three days. My plan was to go to Hanoi airport straight from the train station on the Saturday and leave Vietnam - the end of my holiday. However the hotel suggested that I come back for a shower, breakfast etc and wait in the comfort of the hotel until I leave for the airport in the afternoon. Two showers and unlimited coffee later l bade a sad farewell to a lovely bunch of people who know how to do their job to a very high standard.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We checked in here for one night. They arranged a car to pick us up from the airport. When we got there the staff were just so friendly. We had welcome drinks and towels to relax and cool down and then they showed us to our room which was beautiful. You couldn't hear any of the hustle and bustle outside due to sound proofing (thankfully!).

They went out of their way to help us with any and every request that we had including asking us to come back for water and tea and coffee after we had checked out. A really nice stay!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here in June, first time in Vietnam so really not sure what to expect from hotels in general, apart from all the trawling through TA that I’d done. After much hunting I initially booked at a different hotel and was happy with my choice – but some friends of mine had stayed at the Art Hotel previously and comments they said kept nagging at me. So, I changed.

From the moment we were picked up to the time we were dropped off at the train station several days later, we were looked after impeccably, nothing was too much trouble and they were always making sure wherever we went we were doing it safely and wisely as a “tourist”. Not knowing our way around, they guided us and took the time to explain what to expect. With all the TA knowledge I’d built up and the expertise from Emily and Fiona at the front desk there was no way we could go wrong! And this was the reason I changed hotels – it was the service that I felt would give us a head start when we first hit the crazy chaotic streets of Hanoi. These 2 ladies at the desk made us feel like we could conquer the streets single-handed, they just never ceased to amaze me at how they picked up on everything we did and made sure we were “secure”.

Also – the beds are extremely comfortable, the room with the balcony overlooking the street is a real pleasure and if you get the time between walking the streets and lying horizontal from the heat and tiredness, then you’ll enjoy sitting out there or just hanging over the balcony which gets a great view of the street below. Having our own laptop in the room was a real bonus and never had a problem getting through. It was rather special coming back after a full day sightseeing to find a dessert in the fridge for us! The breakfasts are good too, no complaints there – and oh, the passionfruit in Vietnam are to die for.

To top off the most amazing service – our last night there we got taken to the train-station by the hotel’s porter. It was coming down in buckets, we were even unsure if we were going to make it, the streets were starting to flood. This beautiful caring man, who I dubbed the mad hatter, held the umbrella for us while we ran in and out of the puddles, over the railway lines, up and down the platform, until he found our carriage – and even taking us on it and depositing our bags into our cabin for us. What an absolute gem he was, I could have taken him home with me!

Anyway, for me our stay was exceptional because I felt they genuinely cared about us as first timers in Vietnam and they did more than I ever expected to make our visit easy and memorable.

Room Tip: Family Suite City View room (Private balcony in front side). Lovely to sit out at night and watch th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here August 3, 2013 for a few nights at the start of a South Asian trip with a group of friends who stayed at another hotel a 5 minute walk away, which offered a great point of comparison- this was my first trip to Vietnam and I had no idea what to expect!

I selected this hotel because of previous 5 star reviews and thought it would be a great place to stay. I would say previous reviews were off.

The amenities at this hotel are a solid 3 stars. My friends were staying at a 3 star hotel down the road that had a rooftop pool, several restaurants and modern renovated bathrooms.

Service was definitely 5 stars- exceptional. Everyone there was so sweet and so helpful it was hard not to love the place because of them. Also, I wrote a couple of criticisms in my hotel evaluation and received the sweetest and most personal note from the hotel staff apologizing for any dissatisfaction.

Last bonus: this place was next to my favorite place to eat in the city-bon bo num Bo.

Overall do I think this place is the best? No. Are there better hotels for a better value? Yes. So it depends on what you're looking for on a trip. If you want to go to a place that is clean and customer service oriented this place is for you!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The real selling point are the staff, service is important to all hotels of similar size in Vietnam, but these guys did just that bit more. We had booked a room the night before, late. We called the hotel straight after to confirm the booking and ask whether they could pick us up early the following morning from the airport. This was of no trouble to them, when considering the time it could easily have been an issue! They recommended and organised our truly fantastic experiences in both Sapa and Ha Long bay, we can't thank them enough for that!! It's worth it just going for this quality service. If only we could remember the lovely girl's name behind reception that took the time to sort this for us. They made sure we were on the right trains, driving us to the station then ensuring we were in right cabins. they also picked us up at 0500 on our return waiting for us to disembark with umbrellas in the pouring rain!

The room was clean well decorated, with a good bed, laptop with Internet, wifi, complimentary fruit and water, rose petals on bed and AC that was working very well! Fell down slightly on the bathroom, flip flops had paint and hairs on them, and the ceiling looked like it could do with some paint also. However, it was clean, which is most important thing. Would recommend paying few dollars more for a view.

Would say this hotel is a little more than it should be but the service was above and beyond.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at Art Boutique Hotel for 1 night. We were really impressed! Our flight to Hanoi landed early in the morning, so we thought we'd have to wait to check in. When we got to the hotel, the staff gave us juice and fresh fruit and within an hour (6 hours before standard check in) we were able to go to our room. The staff are very helpful and speak excellent English. Definitely a great place to stay in Hanoi!