“This has to be excellent on value alone ...”

Golden Sun Palace Hotel
Ranked #12 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
London, United Kingdom
“This has to be excellent on value alone ...”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel is next door to it's sister Hotel (the suites) in the old town of Hanoi - so you are right in the action! The people of Hanoi are early risers and early to bed, so whilst the street is quite busy (this is Hang Quat; which is fan street - each street in the district is named after the goods it sells) it is quiet by 8.00pm each night.

If you want craziness and action after 8.00pm, you don't have to go far as this location is within easy reach of the night markets and main tourist sites (you can walk to the lake and park in 5 minutes or so) and plenty of restaurants.

The staff are super friendly here and ready to help with whatever you need - even supplying a refreshing welcome drink on arrival, they were exceptionally helpful with information on surrounding Hanoi and shopping.

Our room was clean and comfortable, but it didn't have an outside window, which made it feel rather underground; but we were hardly there so this wasn't a problem.

Any of the services we used at the hotel were all reasonably priced (laundry, minibar, taxis etc.) and there was complimentary water and fruit in the room. There is also a safe in each room, so you can leave your valuables while exploring the city.

There is no bar in the hotel; they do serve breakfast however - a selection of fruit and then eggs, yoghurt and some other basics. There is an excellent bar on this street (Green Mango), for food and drinks later in the day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AndyS100
moonpham11, Customer Care Team at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear AndyS100,
Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel, Hanoi.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the GSP. I am glad to hear our location in the city center made your Hanoi exploration more convenient and that your experience on property was an excellent one!

Our staff prides themselves on being personable and helpful in every way possible, so I am delighted to hear they continue to exceed your expectations. It is always appreciated when guests send us positive feedback and I look forward to sharing your compliments with my team.

It has been a pleasure having you as our resident and we are glad to have provided you with a memorable experience. Thank you for choosing to stay with us - we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Warm regards,

Bruce
Customer Care Team
" We Care About You, We Care About Your Trip"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here and from the very first moment we arrived the staff made us feel more than welcome. We arrive at 10am and were offered breakfast and drinks before we had even checked in. They made our rooms available to us hours before the "standard" check in time and when we left to visit Halong Bay, they were more than happy to look after our luggage for a couple of days.

One of the members of our group had their luggage lost on the flight and the front desk made it their responsibility to chase this up with the airline. They arranged our sleeper train, booked various attractions for us and gave indepth advise on where to go and what to do.

A special mention should be made to Flower and Bruce who were exceptionally helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank BrightonNick23
Dear BrightonNick23,

Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel, Hanoi.

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I am delighted to hear our service and accommodations made your trip to Hanoi a memorable one. Our staff prides themselves on being personable and helpful in every way possible

I would like to thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you and your family in the future if you are in Hanoi.

Warm regards,

Bruce
Customer Care Team
" We Care About You, We Care About Your Trip"
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had a fantastic stay here. Room was most adequate, clean and comfortable. Service was excellent and there was a good selection at breakfast. Loved being able to walk into the old quarter and around the lake easily. Great location for getting out to the night markets.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie G
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We are a family of 4 and stayed 4 nights from 29 May 2014. We got a family suite on the 6th floor. Upon arrival we had a nice welcome drink which was really nice. It was my son's birthday and the hotel surprised us with a chocolate cream cake. We also booked 2 day tours thru the hotel and we were satisfied with the tour which was exactly as described in the hotel website.

Special thanks to Bruce and rest of the hotel staff who made our stay memorable and enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank win888
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Julia and Flower come to greet us. They are so nice and kindful. They upgrade our room to suite without a charge. Unbeliveable. The room is nice and very big. The location also in centre of Hanoi. very near to Hoa Kiem Lake. For sure, would stay here again for the next visit. Worth money , great staff, excellent service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tegar R
Hillston, Australia
Reviewed May 27, 2014

A Fantastic stay at this Hotel, absolutely perfectly clean, great breakfast...you choose of a menu...it's cooked fresh. The Manager Bruce couldn't do any more to accomadate us, he even walked me to a pharmacy as I caught a allergic reaction from a place I just visited. It's very close to everything. You can even request a half or full day tour with motel. A great home away from home.

Room Tip: We had a different room on two occasions the one with balcony was perfect. (No swimming pool)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shazlittle
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 23, 2014

What more can I say?

Stayed there from 17th May to 20th May and in my honest opinion, this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Right from the beginning after making a reservation, I had received an email from Sales Manager, Julia, affirming me on my reservation, offering to arrange airport transfer for me, gave me the link to the tours they offer for my consideration. Special mention to her for the professionalism!

This was just the start of the wonderful experience. Upon reaching the hotel, I was offered a ‘Welcome drink’. What an awesome surprise for someone who was suffering from the heat! After checking into my room, I was given ‘Welcome fruit’. This did not stop just there. After coming back to the hotel, there were a ‘Good Night’ card and chocolates placed on my bed. This is the first time that I do not even need to specially remember the names of the staff who had provided exception services because all are equally good! Thank you for making my stay so memorable and unforgettable.

Doubtlessly, this will be the place I would return in the future! Needless to mention, I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends in the future. Kudos to the team for going the extra mile! Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo