“Cheap, clean, ideal location & friendly”

Hanoi Asia Guest House
Ranked #187 of 592 Hotels in Hanoi
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cheap, clean, ideal location & friendly”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This small gem is hidden in the old city of Hanoi & was value for money.

Very good wifi all over, decent breakfast for asia (coffee was good), helpful staff & clean.

2 minute walking distance of the markets & if you ask the staff about number 49 you will get arguably the best pho (Vietnamese delicacy) in the city.

My only criticisms would be the size of the rooms, in particular the bed. It wasn't too much of a problem as you lay side ways along.

I stayed with my GF. The bathroom and general cleanliness was good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lewisarcher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I really love staying at this hotel. It's placed at the center of Hanoi, I can find Vietnam traditional food right the outside of hotel. I had 3 nights staying at hotel and in all days I rent motorbike to go around with such a cheap price. Going around with motorbike is very awesome, however traffic in Hanoi was so challenge, me and my boyfriend had a unforgettable with motorbike in Hanoi. The staff in Ngoc Diep Asia hotel provided me a map, which was so useful to go out in Old Quarter in Hanoi because the road was so small and complicated. We had lost one time when trying to go further than the center of Hoan Kiem district and could not find the way back to hotel. We called the number on card visit to ask for returning way and Bi - the manager of the hotel said that we stayed right there and he would go there to take us back. We were so thankful and impressive with his willingness. If we return to Hanoi once day, of course Ngoc Diep Asia will be the best choice for us. I will recommend my friends this friendly and enthusiastic hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Originally we had booked into the Hanoi City Hostel round the corner, but upon arrival we were informed that some guy hadn't checked out of our room so we were taken to this hotel for one night until that guy checked out. We were scammed in Thailand this way by a hotel saying they were full and were totally screwed over by a sister and brother team so we were apprehensive, but it was late and we had a long train journey so we just wanted to sleep.

The entrance wasn't that nice, we had to pass through a shabby old Chinese medicine shop and small corridor before it suddenly opened up into the hotel reception area with a piano against one wall.

We were give keys to a room on the 3rd floor - they had a lift so it was very handy. The room was a nice surprise, it was quite small but adequate for the night. It had cable TV, aircon, comfy bed and fridge. The bed was in the wrong orientation to make the room appear bigger so we had to rearrange the pillows and duvet but it was still a decent double bed. There was plenty of hot water and shower was good. The bathro could have been cleaner - needs a good scrub but other than that the hotel room was very nice.

A short walk to the old town so was in a good location.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank TripTommie
Penang, Malaysia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I believe I was their first customer after they did renovation for whole building, everything was new inside even then shampoo was still unpack, also I plugged refrigerator power adapter myself. Can you imagine how new it was =P

The owner's, Bi (that we used to call him), he is young and very keen to help their customers's need. I remembered the first night, my room air con was leaky , I went down and looked for Bi, he was sleeping at counter, it was midnight and he had class on next day. He quickly checked the air con and changed room for us. I was very happy on his fast response, he gave us some food and snack for compliment but I refused to take it.

Their room, TV channel and WiFi speed is out of my expectation, many channels for me to choose, WiFi speed is comparable fast. Location wise, I can say it quite strategic place, many tourist spots are within walking distance. I like the bread shop just located next 3-4 shops from hotel, they do sell tasty bread. Give it a try on local bread, you will love it.

In summary, I was very please on their service and guidance given through out my trip in Vietnam. They are friendly and willing to help you anytime.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bi N, Manager at Hanoi Asia Guest House, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Hi Estin,
Thank you for sharing our unforgettable memories. Those are very first days of starting our business and it was hard to avoid mistakes. Thank you so much for understanding that and the hotel is going well now. Hope to see you again in Hanoi someday !
-Bi-
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were literally rescued by the hotel's manager, Bi, as we were stuck in Hanoi at about 1am without a hotel (long story short, our cab driver insisted on taking us to a pricey hotel, so we took a walk and ran into Bi, who showed us his new hotel - they had just opened). One of the happiest coincidences of our trip. We came and went to Hanoi a few times during the course of our time in Vietnam and the friendly staff was always more than accommodating and truly helpful. Everyone went out of their way and truly above and beyond and we really enjoyed getting to know them. Oh, and the rooms are very nice, too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul M
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had a very nice experience here. The rooms are modern and nice, the service is wonderful and the people there are so sweet. Upon checking out,we forgot one of our passports. When we arrived at the airport for our return flight to the US, we immediately called them in a panic. The front desk girl jumped in a car and zoomed to the airport with our passport in her hand. We were grateful for her quick response and her honesty that we would return in a heartbeat. Please reward their good karma with your business. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Book your taxis and travel through them, they offer great rates.