“Best Hotel Experience!”

Ranked #6 of 604 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Philippines
“Best Hotel Experience!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My very satisfying experience with Art Trendy started with my e-mail correspondence with Sarah who was quick to reply to our concerns about our travel. She gave suggestions and practical advise to make planning our trip easier. Our positive experience continued when we arrived at the hotel from a very tiring late night flight. We were made to feel that we were going to be taken cared of very well by Quan who greeted us with a warm smile at the hotel lobby. We were given the quiet room on the 3rd floor which though small and had a view of the neighbor's roof, was offset by the hotel's in-room amenities. For the first time ever in our more than 10 years of travel and staying at different hotels, we could actually use the free Wifi as the hotel also provided each room with its own laptop with reasonably fast internet speed! The hotel also provided us water, fruits and a light snack everyday! Our toothbrushes and toiletries were also replenished daily. The room was tidied-up everytime we left. Breakfast was filling and delicious! We were called by our first names and were made to feel at home by English speaking hotel staff Cathy, Sarah, Yen, Quan, and everyone else. The hotel assisted us with our needs, even buying for us the baguettes that we wanted to bring home, and tickets to the Catru theatre show that we watched, which we paid for upon check-out. We love this hotel and its well-trained staff and are very happy to have found it! We look forward to a return trip to Hanoi, if only to experience Art Trendy all over again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kuting

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
melbourne
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of my Vietnam trip. The rooms are fresh and tastefully decorated. The bathrooms are big and clean and the room I had was very quiet. The breakfast has great variety of Western and Vietnamese food and you can order as much as you want to. The thing that makes this hotel shine so much is the amazing staff. They are so friendly and can’t do enough for you. They booked my Ha Long Bay trip for me and held my luggage for my return. I was catching the train that night of my return to Nha Trang which they also booked for me. As my train wasn’t leaving until 11.00pm they gave me a room for a couple of hours to shower and freshen up and then one of the staff came to the train with me to make sure I found my cabin and that all was ok. This hotel is a 10 min walk to the lake and is close to some amazing local food eateries. I found it to be very central and I would not consider ever staying anywhere else if I returned to Hanoi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank kes100
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights in June 2013 with my boyfriend and our friend. The rooms are clean and beautiful. A nice size for a hotel room, you don't feel cramped at all. The staff are the NICEST people I have ever dealt with before. They were incredibly helpful and went above and beyond to help with anything we needed- travel advice, tours, what to see in Hanoi, etc. The breakfast is also lovely. I had eggs every morning and they were amazing. I seriously would recommend staying here! I can't say enough positive things about it! Another plus- it is very central and on a quite street (quite for Hanoi, that is). Good restaurants nearby and the Lake is a short walk away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Meg244
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Service - All the staff were friendly. A huge smile would break out on their faces when we came back to the hotel. We were always reminded to let them know if there were ways they could improve, which there weren't. When we left for an early morning flight, they took our breakfast order the night before and packed it for us, and even egged me on to order more things. The mango pancakes, fresh fruit and coffee was enough!

Each day, we got a new fruit platter (lychees, bananas, rambutan, guava) and in the afternoon someone would arrive with a little platter of lollies or jellies.

Top notch beds, linen, bathroom. Once I came back to discover my bed had been remade after my afternoon nap.

Value - There is a special on where all rooms are $39 so I upgraded my booking for an extra $4 to the family suite, which had an extra bed we didn't need. I did have a look at the other rooms and they looked to be the same standard and roomy enough.

Location - It is on a small side street predominantly used for scooter parking. I'm not sure why the other reviewers speak of noise in the front rooms. We had a family suite on the 6th floor facing the street and couldn't hear a thing. Around the corner is a bia hoi place, 10,000 dong for a beer with locals not hordes of backpackers. Hanoi is quite small and we managed to walk to most places.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank deeevan
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

The staff at this hotel are the thing that sets it apart. They learn your names and itinerary within minutes and then proceed to be incredibly helpful right up to ensuring you get to your next location safely. They held our bags whilst we were in Halong Bay even though we didn't book our tour through them (not for any reason). They then welcomed us back and let us have showers and relax in the hotel until our train. Even better, they sent one of the lads with us to the train station to (embarrassingly) carry our bags and literally put us on the right train! Never in all my travels have I experience such amazing service and it goes without saying that the breakfast and rooms were lovely too. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eleanor B
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I love this place. I dont think you can find a better value anywhere. From the moment I got there, I've never had a more enjoyable hotel experience anywhere else in the world. The staff is warm, friendly, knowledgebale about the area and very well trained: when eating breakfast the morning after my arrival staff members that were not there when I checked-in still knew my name. They had a recommendation for any question I asked and if they did not know the answer, they looked for it. They were even able to get me on a tour that the tour operator told me was booked. They sent a car to the airport for me, took care of booking my tours and even booked my plane ticket to my next destination. When I left for two nights to Halong Bay, they offered to hold some of my luggage for me and also did my laundry, which was waiting for me when I returned. The breakfast in the morning is also delicious, with wonderful multiple choices of omelettes and pancakes, as well as fresh fruit, coffee, tea, baguettes and juice. The beds were big and comfortable, they don't skimp on giving you pillows, they give you fruit and water in the morning, a snack at night, and they always asked you the next morning if you had a good night's sleep. This place spoils you from the moment you get there until the moment you leave. I will compare everywhere I stay from now on to how I was treated at this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in two different rooms; a quiet room and a city room. Both were great, you can't go wro...