“Hard to find better”
Review of Golden Art Hotel

Golden Art Hotel
Ranked #7 of 626 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The room was exactly as per the photos in the ad. It was great to have a laptop in our room, complimentary water every day and a selection of fruit. The staff did everything necessary to ensure we were comfortable, well-fed (generous breakfast), and well-informed. In a city that is dirty, crowded and noisy, Art Trendy Hotel is a little oasis of calm, friendliness and desire to serve their customers at a high level. When we left early in the morning they had a packed breakfast ready for us, which we really appreciated.

The breakfast area was a little bit small, so you might have a problem if you don't want to share a table. We actually met some nice people this way.

Room Tip: As always, rooms on higher floors ensure no noise from the streets, which are very busy and noisy.
2  Thank Goreme1990
There are newer reviews for Golden Art Hotel

Reviewed March 28, 2013

It's hard to find fault with The Art Trendy Hotel, from the moment we arrived they exceeded all my expectations of the place. I had a thoroughly enjoyable stay there which was really made by the attentive staff who were so accommodating especially when we were out of Hanoi on various trips.

Located in the centre of the old quarter the location is perfect for exploring Hanoi and the street quiet in relation to the rest of the city, bed and room were both comfortable and showers hot. The room is relatively small but that is typical of Hanoi old quarter. The only small criticism is that there was only a bedside table on one side of the bed but this is a minor point. Breakfasts are ample and set you up well for the day ahead.

I felt the art trendy hotel represented extremely good value for money. It's definitely one of the best hotels I have stayed in and certainly the best in Vietnam.

1  Thank Vixsterbee
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Art Trendy hotel. The thing that made it though was the friendliness of the staff. They were very accommodating to all our needs eg organising trips, advising places to go and eat, looking after our bags, allowing us to have showers prior to night train after Halong Bay trip even though we were no longer staying there.
Great value, good location in Old Town, good advice. Would recommend to friends.

1  Thank Julianne D
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I'd originally booked a room at a chain hotel and after not hearing back on several emails, I cancelled that booking and started looking at other options. Looking through TripAdvisor I found Art Trendy and some of the feedback seemed too good to be true. When I investigated further I found that some of the best feedback came from top reviewers so figured it might be worth checking it out.

I booked through the hotel's website so I could get their free airport transfer offer. I filled in the web form and had a response less than 24-hours later, which came as a pleasant surprise after my experience with the other hotel in Hanoi. Elise from Art Trendy was an absolute superstar, responding to my numerous emails confirming the booking, the airport transfer and even helping arrange for our day trip to Ha Long Bay.

When we got to Hanoi airport, the car was there to pick us up, as promised, which was a relief after reading horror stories about dodgy cabs there. We got to the hotel and were warmly welcomed by the staff. We were taken up to the room where we had a cake and a cheerful Happy Birthday banner strung up on the wall (it was my birthday) waiting for us.

We loved:
- The personalized service: granted, its a small hotel but the staff remembered everybody's names and it was nice to be able to have a conversation with them each morning. Even the email sent to us after we checked out was personalized with references to specific activities during our stay
- The bed: we were on a 10-day visit to Vietnam, Cambodia and Singapore and the bed was as good as, or even better than a couple of the luxury hotels we stayed at. Frankly, we've missed it since getting home
- The breakfast: it was nice to be able to order a freshly cooked breakfast rather than feeding form a tired buffet
- The location: walking distance to most places in the Old Quarter
- The staff: having traveled through a couple of dozen countries its not often we're sad to leave a hotel and its happened just twice so far, including Art Trendy. The staff were, without exception, friendly, courteous, helpful and a great source of information. In fact, the only meal we didn't like in Hanoi was at a restaurant not specifically recommended by the staff
- The facilities: we were looking for a haven to rest after days spent walking or taking the grueling trip up to Ha Long Bay. Art Trendy checked all the right boxes and even had free WiFi!

Art Trendy is proof that some of the best hotels are the locally owned ones where you're not just another loyalty program number. And here I find myself giving them yet another, well deserved, Excellent rating.

2  Thank travelgoan
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Though theres a small cock up. Arrange airport transfer to the hotel but the driver is late. Nevertheless after we reached the hotel, we received an extremely warm welcome from the staffs! The hotel has a public wash room. We able to do a washup without booking a night of the hotel before proceeding overnight train to Sapa.

Room is really clean and spacious. The bed is sooooo sooooooo comfortable that is even better than my own bed. You wouldnt even feel like stepping off the bed. They have a laptop available in the room. The laptop is new and fast! No words to describe their staffs. Friendly, always go the extra mile to serve customer, knowledgeable, well-conversed in English. WELL DONE!

Breakfast lots of options and really yummy! Location is great! And you know what. How sweet they are! We saw small yogurt jelly and a slip of paper "Good Night" at our table desk when we came back from our day. A week after im back in Singapore, they send an email to me apologizing that the driver is late and gave me a discount if i were to go visit Hanoi again! How fabulous can they be!

KEEP IT UP! You guys really make our day man! Good Job! Thumbs up for u guys!

1  Thank ahbui83
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel was very nice, clean and modern. The staff was very friendly and helpful with everything we needed. The breakfast was also wery good, serving both Vietnamese and western style breakfast dishes. It is all located nicely in the old quarter on one of the very few streets in Hanoi where there is not allowed to drive cars, so there is left noise from this street than normal.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bakkii
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. I booked it because of the good reviews I had read on trip advisor. The staff were the most helpful I have ever come across, nothing was too much trouble for them. It was also so nice to have a very freshly cooked breakfast instead of a buffet. Rooms were so clean, also got a free upgrade. If I visit Hanoi again I will stay here.

Room Tip: no fitness center or pool so they were not terrible so just did not know how to click of it.
1  Thank susan n