“Great location and friendly staff”
Review of Golden Art Hotel

Golden Art Hotel
Ranked #10 of 671 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 17, 2013

A lovely little hotel in a quiet side street away from the frantic roads of Hanoi. Great location in the Old Quarter. The staff were incredibly friendly and very helpful with our travel plans. The room was clean, spacious and modern. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ClarenRichard
Write a ReviewReviews (1,486)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had originally booked at the sister Art Hotel, but before I left Australia was contacted to advise that renovations were underway so was offered an upgrade to a deluxe room at no extra charge and free transport from airport. Anyway, the staff were very helpful and friendly (they even organised to get a SIM card for me) and had lots of ìnformation available. Thểre was a good range òf foods for breakfast including Vietnamese food and coffee which was great.The room was large and comfortable and spotlessly clean. They had the option òf not changing sheets every day which was thoughtful. In the evening, two small pastries were provided, as was fruit and water each day. A fabulous place to stay in a very quiet street with no through traffic - it's only about 60 metres long....

2  Thank Steve L
Reviewed March 15, 2013

According to the promo, the staff are young and enthusiastic. It's true - their English is also very good and they really do put in the effort to ensure a happy stay. Simple things like: remembering each guest's name and greeting accordingly; suggesting restaurants; and personalizing a map of the area.

I booked 3 nights prior to arrival and was offered an upgraded room (more on rooms later). I wanted to return to Art Trendy after a 3d/2n Halong Bay cruise, but there wasn't a vacancy. The staff looked after my luggage and, on my return, advised of a 1n vacancy and they'd arranged another 2n for me at a nearby hotel (Hanoi Legacy - just around the corner) at a discounted rate. When transferring, the staff walked me and my luggage to the other hotel and introduced me.

That's the kind of service that deserves repeat business, which I did - booking a further 3 nights at Art Trendy. Because I'd booked two 3 night stays, both my airport transfers were free.

While at Art Trendy, I stayed in 3 different rooms 401, 501, 602). All were spacious, well layed out with the same facilities and quality. Even though there's a (free) wifi access pont on each floor, the signal can be a little patchy. Having a laptop computer in the room was really handy for transferring photos from camera memory card to a portable HDD (yes I take a lot of photos). The room safe was large enough for a laptop pc or DSLR. All rooms were pretty quiet at night - the street to which they face is all but closed to traffic.

On the ground (1st) floor the hotel restaurant only serves breakfast (sufficient range and the same great service). There's also a large bathroom with shower for those who want to freshen up before heading to the airport.

It's worth noting that the rooms on the 6th (top) floor are reached via stairs from the 5th. Apparently it's not uncommon in Vietnam for the elevator to stop 1 floor short of the top. I had no issues with mosquitoes during my stay, but I did have to close the windows that the cleaning staff leave open.

If I had to pick a fault, it'd be the lack of surface space in the bathrooms - 401 and 602 had some drawers & cupboards, but 501 was lacking.

Room Tip: If you can't manage stairs, don't stay on the 6th floor.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed in a lot of hotels, but never in our lives have we received this level of service. The staff at Art Trendy were amazing! From the time we stepped in the door they were incredibly friendly and always on hand and helpful with anything we needed. We only stayed for one night before leaving for Halong Bay, and when we got back to Hanoi we stopped in to see if they had a room available (we did not pre-book). They did not have anything left, but they booked us in to another hotel, let us keep our bags there and use the shower after galavanting all day, booked us a sleeper train and even sent one of their staff members with us to the train station to help with our bags and make sure we got our tickets and got on the train okay. Unbelievable! The rooms, breakfast and location were also great. Awesome hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eidyn
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We had an amazing experiance at this hotel and could not recommend it more. We emailed at the very last minute and they collected us from the airport. We were warmly greated with smoothies and shown to a lovely clean, beautifully presented room. The staff could not be more friendly and helpful. Breakfast was of a really high standard and we even went back to the hotel two days later after our trip to Halong Bay to have a shower. We loved this hotel!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The great reviews brought us here and we were not disappointed. Rooms are not big, but well equipped an have very comfortable beds and pillows. Bathroom was good with a great shower. Breakfasts wonderful. Decent location with ATM just around the corner. Best part was the staff. Efficient and personable at every level. They went out of their way time and again to assist us. Wanted to take them home! Overall terrific value.

Room Tip: We had 402 and suited us well. Front rooms great if extra room needed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wasagadave
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Spent two nights here and there are not enough superlatives to be found about this great little place, my favourite in Vietnam, staff were awesome, room was superb and service fantastic, if only Hotels in Australia offered the same. Great location 5 or so minutes walk to the lake, plenty of bars/restaurants within 5 mins walk. Little treats left each night by my bed when I got in. The even provided me a takeaway breakfast as I had an early fight to catch.

1  Thank Shane J