“Great staff and a lovely stay..” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Art Hotel

Golden Art Hotel
Ranked #5 of 565 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Singapore
“Great staff and a lovely stay..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed a total of 4 nights on 2 separate occasions - the first three nights in an inside room and another night in an street-facing room. The first 3 nights stay comes with a free car pickup from the airport and I also opted for the hotel to drop me off at the airport. This proved to be hassle free, may cost 18USD but the car is clean and the drive to and fro from the airport, very comfortable.

The hotel located in the old quarters, about 5 to 10 mins to the lake and many good restaurants and food located nearby. It is sited at a small street so taxis may have difficulties locating the hotel. Because of its location, it is quieter and a little oasis should I want to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city.

Both the rooms I stayed in are very spacious and clean and they are on the second floor. The photos on the website are an accurate representation of the rooms. The inside room is definitely quieter in the afternoon. If you are light sleeper, I recommend rooms on higher floors, as I can hear people talking at reception and at breakfast. I am especially particular about the toilets and bathrooms. Separate shower and toilet to separate wet and dry areas.. Very good water pressure but the drainage in both toilets are slow. The exhaust system for one of the toilets is either not existent or it malfunctioned during my stay. The toilet floor remained wet throughout my 1 night stay. It was not a big concern as I only need the room for one night.. I would otherwise be uncomfy as I hate wet toilet floors..

The beds are extremely comfortable - white clean sheets, warm comforters and soft pillows. I have many good night sleeps. The rooms are all well equipped with an AC, LCD TV, a laptop, an safe, brolly, bathrobes and slippers. Tea, coffee and fruits and little pastries are placed on the bedside table every evening.. Such amenities are available in only 4 or 5 star hotels so was pleasantly surprised..

But the biggest pleasure I have in staying in this hotel is the staff and the level of excellence in the service.. Unlike the 4/5 star hotels I stayed in Bangkok and HK, I was addressed by my name or my surname, even after returning from trips to Halong Bay and Sapa. The service staff are very attentive and what impresses me most is their follow-up skills - requests or enquiries made to staff working in evening shifts are passed on to the staff working in morning shifts and vice versa..

I booked my Halong Bay trip via the hotel and on that day where I made my booking, the winds picked up and ships could not go to the bay and trips were cancelled. I was given updates of the weather at a couple of hours interval. I was amused and yet I felt reassured. People I travelled with to Halong Bay had not even heard that the previous day's cancellation.

I arrived into Hanoi late and did not have any VND. I was expecting the hotel to have money changing facilities but they don't. Instead I was offered some VND which they put in my bill.. This flexibility and service is deeply appreciated..

On both trips back to the hotel from Halong Bay and Sapa, I was offered the use of a clean bathroom and laptops and as soon as the room is available, I was able to check in.

Each night's stay comes with breakfast - Order the omelette, that's really good..

All in all, I had a great stay. Thanks to Yen, Kathy, Eva and Phi for making my stay comfortable.. Should I make my way back to this city, I will not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, choose inside rooms on the higher floor... If you want to see a little a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Colours49

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

The whole family loved this hotel. They were well-organised when it came to hotel pick-ups and drop- offs. The rooms were clean, with the ones at the back being quieter. The family room was a bit of a squish for four, but our kids didn't mind, because they loved the place. Laptops are provided in the rooms, as are bathrobes, torches, sandals, umbrellas, a hair dryer and a late night snack.
The rooms are outfitted with quality fittings. The showers are superb.
The breakfasts were the best we have had in Vietnam. The quality of the ingredients was second-to-none and the choice was extensive without being ridiculous.
The staff were friendly and helpful. I also loved the staircase banisters.
The only down-sides were the Hanoi noise and the maps provided are not the most easy to follow.
We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank katisit
Fujisawa-shi, Kanagawa, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Spent three nights here in mid-December. The hotel is located in the old city section of Hanoi. The district is a fantastic place for the adventurous traveler who is willing to explore and try new things. Amidst the hustle and bustle of the area, the hotel offers a very quite respite from the noise. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed with amenities. The best part is the staff. Everyone was cheerful and quite helpful. They even planned an Xmas Party for people staying in the hotel. A very comfortable three nights in a convenient location to see Hanoi. While a small establishment compared to the large (generic) hotel conglomerates, the quality of the staff and hotel are hints of Vietnam's potential. I would be very happy to stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We loved everything about it: the great location (in the middle of the hectic Old quarter but in a more quiet side street), the unbelievably friendly staff, the modern and clean room, the nice breakfast selection, etc.
We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Hanoi (which hopefully will be soon again because we really enjoyed this fascinating city).
Thanks again to the lovely staff for their help and smiles, very much appreciated!

6 Thank VadeRetroChocolat
Phnom Penh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed in Art Trendy hotel for 5 nights in Dec 2012. The hotel is located in a small quiet street in Old Quarter, very close to all interesting places in Hanoi. Rooms are new and very clean! Hotel staff is friendly and very very helpful. They helped us to organize different kind of things...train tickets, excursions etc. Special thanks to Phi! Definitely a good choice if you are looking for a quality hotel in Hanoi at a reasonable price. We had a very pleasant stay there and we would like to recommend Art Trendy hotel as the first choice for staying in Hanoi. We will come again!

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

This is one of the best hotels I stayed at.

Staff were friendly and prompt to my email questions and arranged a personal pick up from the airport to the hotel. Once we reached, they offered us towels, fresh juice and fruits while they did the check-in. Room was more than what we expected for the price. Everything was clean, bed was comfortable, toilet was new and clean, hot water was always available. Staff also offered us a list of places/things to do/eat they did up based on real customer feedback. They gave us advice on what cabs to take, and would call cabs for us, and offered to help us handle any disputes with overcharging cabbies.

On Christmas eve, they even organised a christmas party for the guests which was very very nice.

Truly, the hotel staff made our trip really pleasant. Definitely going back and recommending any other people to do so.

James and pat from Singapore

1 Thank aborealis
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

My partner and I arrived at Hanoi on 13 Dec. Our itinerary was such that we would go to Sapa (13-16 Dec) and Halong Bay (17-18 Dec) before going back to Hanoi proper for three days, where we stayed at Art Trendy. There was no problem leaving our luggage at the hotel and the staff offered us free use of the shower facility both when we arrived on 13 Dec and on 17 Dec, which was very welcome since we had just spent the night on a sleeper train. The staff knew our names (and I didn't manage to get theirs!) and were friendly and helpful. They helped us with our laundry and call for a taxi to the airport.

Location-wise, it's a bit further from the lake/centre of activity than other hotels, but after the first night we realised that it was good because it was quieter. (I stayed on the fourth floor)

I liked that the room had an umbrella, a weighing machine (useful for weighing luggage!) and a laptop. Towels and toiletries were replaced daily, which I thought weren't very environmentally friendly but certainly good from the cleanliness point of view. Also liked that they gave two pillows per person. The pillows were very fluffy which I loved, but my partner thought they were too thick.

Oh, and the breakfast. I recommend the mixed omelette (no.8 I believe). I ordered it every day! It was delish stuffed into a baguette. Loved that they had different fresh fruit juices every day too and fresh cut fruit.

Would definitely recommend Art Trendy Hotel.