“Another happy customer”
Review of Golden Art Hotel

Golden Art Hotel
Ranked #9 of 637 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Amazing value at Art Trendy. I felt like I was in a five-star with terrific breakfasts (a wonderful buffet of fresh fruits, yoghurt, baguette and cheese plus eggs if you wanted), very nice rooms, good location and out-of-this world service. I needed to ship my bicycle to Hue but I wanted to go to Halong Bay, so the hotel arranged the shipping for me, as well as took me to the train station, and carried my luggage to my berth when my time came. Add to that friendly staff who call you by name, even after you've been away for a few days. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
10  Thank Fiona A

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This Hotel has only recently opened and is therefore all brand new and the staff go the extra mile to ensure that you are enjoying your stay.
We stayed for 2 nights, the first of which was my wife's birthday, I had mentioned this to the hotel in advance and asked if they could do something special. From the complimentary welcome drinks to the amazing room and decoration including cake the whole experience was very special!
The hotel is slightly off the main streets in the Old Town which makes it a bit quieter than some locations. We had a junior suite and the facilities were fantastic including large sofa/living area and very comfy beds. The breakfast selection is very extensive and what we had was very tasty.
The staff were all very friendly offering good local advice, they helped us book a Halong Bay tour which was also great- even allowing us to come back and use their facilities after we'd checked out!
Overall a fantastic experience from a hotel working very hard for good reviews!

Room Tip: The junior suites are amazing but the other rooms looked pretty good too.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TimandJenP
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has just recently opened. Customer service is excellent, everybody is super helpful and very nice! Location is perfect too - you are in the heart of old Hanoi. Stayed in Junior Suite, which was very spacious and clean (regular rooms seemed smaller). Breakfast was absolutely excellent - LOTS of choices (all kinds of western-style foods, pancakes, and even pho soups), fresh fruits, yogurt, etc... Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012
12  Thank vg2555
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I ended up in this hotel after my trip to Ha Long Bay was cancelled due to bad weather. I have stayed in many hotels in different price ranges during my trip to Vietnam and I can honestly say that I've experienced the best service in this hotel, also compared to much pricier hotels that I've visited. The superfriendly staff gives you a sincere feeling of warm welcome. They immediately know you by name, and keep addressing you as such during your stay. For me personally not the most important thing but it shows how much attention these guys give to details. Other examples are the little (and delicious) pastries they offer you in room in the evening, frees seasonal fruit and bottles of water in your room every day, the reallly good tips that you get from the female staff when it comes to shopping (earrings ;) , local food and trips. And when I left for the airport, the staf escorted me to my taxi and waved me goodbye. It gives you the feeling you say goodbye to friends instead of hotel employees.

The breakfast is fantastic, it offers a small buffet but you can also order food such as cheeseburgers and traditional Vietnamese breakfast à la carte. Nice!
The rooms are very nice equipped (i.e. rainshower) and since the hotel opened just a few ago, all is brand new. Very comfy beds as well. Another upside regards the location; altough based in the heart of Old Town, the street actually has no trough traffic. During the day the street is used as parking lot for scooters which makes it way more quiet and less hectic then the vast majority of streets in Old Town. It really contributes to the relaxed atmosphere of the hotel.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, if I ever have the pleasure to find myself back in Hanoi, this is the place I'll stay.

Tip: the foodspot on the corner (Hang But and Bat Su) offers great bbq-ed food with noodles and vegetables for only 50.000 dong. Sit down amongst the locals and have a great meal for less than 2 euro's :p

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Sander030
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We have stayed numerous times at the Art Hotel in Hang Dieu Street and this time the staff encouraged us to stay at the Art Trendy, which was newly opened. Great service, price, staff - no less than we have come to expect over the last two years (about 4 visits per year). We always feel like family whenever we stay there. It ain't an international giant, but I would rather stay at the Art Hotels than one of the majors just because you feel like you can get your arms around it (both are small enough) and you are in and of the old quarter environs. A treat.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front of the hotel are more quiet - the rooms by the lift are a bit larger.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
13  Thank MichaelW49
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Loved our stay here in this hotel. Location-wise, it was quite near to many of the attractions but on a quite lane. There was also a Highway 4 restaurant just around the corner, less than a minute walk.

The beds were very comfy and the surrounding area was quiet too so we could sleep in if we wanted to. Room and toilet were very clean so absolutely no problem there.

The staffs of this hotel were great too! They were very helpful with our questions and they speak very good English.

Oh, and another thing that I loved about this hotel was the breakfast. They were very generous with the portions and the small buffet spread were absolutely brilliant!

We managed to grab their promotion price at $30 per room (we took the family suite), so it was certainly value for money!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
12  Thank inluvwithblue
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Art trendy hotel is very good with excellence customer care.
This hotel is new and very clean.
The location is great , close to the lake and you can find
the local food easily.
All staff very friendly and ready to help in every issue. ^^

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends