“We loved our stay, such a friendly place”

Green Diamond Hotel
Ranked #152 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
phnom penh
“We loved our stay, such a friendly place”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The staff at Green Diamond were really helpful, friendly and caring. they were very patient with us as we tried to learn Vietnamese from them and even wrote down some useful phrases that we could show to people that we met whilst travelling. We stayed for about a week over the Vietnamese New Year (Tet). We had bicycles with us, which they looked after with a great amount of care. Breakfast was tasty. There was always coffee in the lobby to drink. Rooms were clean and comfy but a bit noisy - but what do you expect in the middle of a big city. The hotel is really convenient and close to loads of great bars and restaurants and in a really vibrant part of the town.

One of the sweetest surprises was when they gave us a present for Tet! Thank you so much!

If we ever return to Hanoi, we'd stay here again in an instant!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Rock Island, Illinois
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at the Green Diamond Hotel for one week last November 2012. It was a wonderful experience! I did not expect the great service and the friendliness of the hotel staff. I love the location of the hotel in the French Quarter where most of the tourist attractions in Hanoi located. They also helped me booked my tours going to the Perfume Pagoda and Ha Long Bay. I would love to go back in Hanoi someday and will stay at the Green Diamond Hotel again :)

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Ellere56
Pforzheim, Germany
Reviewed March 13, 2013

It was warmest hotel which I have been stayed, I booked the superior room but they up-grated the deluxe room for us with very nice balcony. My room is quite small but very nice and tidy. The balcony is decorated by a lot of plastic grape and leafs. It was very natural and friendly. The staffs were great, they were friendly and helpful. When we checked- in, they had tea or coffee for welcome drinks. They helped us to organize the tour to HaLong Bay and Sapa with good price.I had really nice time stay at this hotel. It is no hesitastion to come back and stay here next time I pass Hanoi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andre892013
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had a memorable experience in Hanoi and staying in this hotel. Location is great - right smack in the midst of the 36 streets. If it is your first time here, you may take a day or so to get used to the Old Quarter, but soon you may find it to be charming and atmospheric. I stayed in a room that is further away from the main street, so it is quiet. You can experience Hanoian hospitality here as service is excellent and always thoughtful and warm. The staff surprised me with a birthday cake, wine and flowers, and celebrated my birthday together. Thanks for the great time!

Room Tip: I stayed in a room that is further away from the main street, so it is quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Emily S
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 27, 2013

It's at the main area of seeing local way. Near shopping area of the Old Quarter. Good room with reasonable price and nice choice breakfast. Easy to find street food, good vietnamese restaurant and cafe. 10 minute walking to tourist sites nearby Hoan Kiem Lake.

Room Tip: Room no.201 is perfect for triple with bathtub Room no.301 has a big balcony
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank NamonBangkoker
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My accommodation in Hanoi at the Green Diamond Hotel was fantastic. Nice atmosphere,lovely staff and service,great food ang good central location! My vacation in Vietnam couldn't start better than that!! Friendly staff was always available for help and informations.especially regarding touristic informations and Tours. I actually booked ,included Halong Bay 2days tour, part of my journey in Vietnam at the tour desk of the Green Diamond Hotel for a very good price and service! I definitely recommend the Green Diamond Hotel in Hanoi. Thanks very much to all the staff for the nice service and the funny time.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Pablenou
Panevezys, Lithuania
Reviewed February 7, 2013

i was happy for my choice of this hotel. I have stayed in inner room - no street noise (Hang Bac is noisy one) - good sleep after long trip. the stuff is the real value for hotel. Here it is really friendly and supportive. Would i stay in this hotel again? Yes, i will have it on my choice list.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo