“Perfect place close to everything”

Rising Dragon Legend Hotel
Ranked #60 of 604 Hanoi B&B and Inns
“Perfect place close to everything”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here for 2 nights and we both enjoyd it alot. Very friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast that start up the day exellent. They helpd us with all we needed for trip to Ha long bay, busticket to Hue with good bus and good hotel in Hue to. Several spoke very good english. Good hotel for good money and we strongly recomend it

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Firren
Media R, Manager at Rising Dragon Legend Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Firren,

I am extremely glad to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay in Rising Dragon Legend hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back with our undivided attention.

Tracy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
england
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We loved it here. Great staff - they arranged our Halong bay trip and were very helpful. We were there during the Typhoon and our trip was cancelled for a couple of days but they sorted everything out out for us. Great breakfast and the location of this hotel is within easy walking distance of the lake, puppet theatre, museums etc. We liked the street it was on too -there are several nice bars and restaurants - Green Tangerine opposite - a bit pricy but worth it for great food and decor, or Aubergine further down the street for cheap vietnamese food. We also liked sitting on the balcony of the Lucky Bar for a few cocktails watching the world go by.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mel205
Dear Valued guest,

I thank you very much for your positive feedback. It is always a pleasure for us to hear satisfied guests as we genuinely love to look after them. We then look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Espoo, Finland
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for a total of 4 nights. First 3 nights the Ha Long bay trip and then 1 more. We were very satisfied with the staff (very helpful), wifi, room (clean and confortable) and movie channels! My girl friend was sick during the stay so movie channels were awesome.

But because she was sick it was very inconvenient and rude that the first day they (cleaning ladies) woke us up at 8:30am and then again at 9am when they called us. We made sure they wouldn't do it again but still.. Another inconvenience was the construction work next door which was very loud and annoying. Also the water boiler (ran out of hot water during shower) was too small.

All in all we were very satisfied and would come again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gurumir
Dear Gurumir,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your review regarding your recent stay at Rising Dragon Legend hotel.

Since guests satisfaction is our utmost desire; your feedback is very important to us. Please allow us to express our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused. The house-keepers who were in charge of cleaning your room have been reprimanded and we rest assure that from now then on they will no what to do to avoid any trouble to the guest.

I would appreciate your comment regarding our staff and facilities, and looking forward to the day you come back.

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

This place is really great. Located 2 blocks from the lake and in the heart of the Old Quarter you can walk out the door and right into the action.
The staff is great! Friendly, helpful and not pushy. Mr. Trung was so helpful and even told me no matter where I was in Vietnam if I needed anything I could email him! They even greeted me at 5am when I came back to stay with them from the overnight train from Sa Pa! The rooms are clean and finished with a modern touch. Coffee and tea is in the lobby 24/7 and the breakfast is plentiful.
Considering the room rate you are seriously getting way more that you pay for here. I initially arrived a day early in Hanoi and Rising Dragon Legend was booked - I saw other accommodation in the area for the same room rate and this place is leaps and bounds above those in the same price range. Have no hesitation staying here!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank nycjg123
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you so much for staying with Rising Dragon Legend hotel and taking your time to share your experience on tripadvisor. Your kind words will be passed on the entire staff to encourage them to keep up their good job.

We are looking forward to an opportunity welcoming you back.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise, being very cheap, clean, we'll located, offering a pleasant stay. I had a room without a window / view which made it cheap, but light came into the room through glass bricks in the bathroom. The bathroom was small and narrow, but the shower was comfortable. For one night, this hotel was excellent.

The staff were fantastic and spoke very good English, offering so much assistance with tour & travel options & bookings. The hotel doesn't look like much from the street, but it was like a little hidden gem.

Breakfast was included in the room price and offered a selection of eggs, breads, pancakes, fruit, juices, coffee & tea. Simplistic, but tasty.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lisi61
Manila
Reviewed December 9, 2013

You're at the center of the action when you walk out of the lobby - motorbikes, street vendors, shopping stalls, more motorbikes. 2min walk to the tourist info center. 1min walk to the street for shoe knock-offs and the puppet show theater.

Check-in process was fast - I was in my room in less than 5mins. Well-appreciated checking in at around 130am.

The double bed is actually 2 single beds attached together, but the middle bit wasn't bothersome. I asked for a room at the back, instead of one by the street so I can avoid the street noise (it can get really noisy in this location), so I expected my small window to be facing another window or a wall - true for my room (504). Common set up for hotels in the old quarter. Luckily, the building next to the hotel wasn't as high as my room and the hotel was only 6-storey high, so I did get enough daylight in.

Wi-fi access in the room. Complimentary bottles of water (only 2 bottles for my whole stay), closet, hangers, safe, tv, air conditioning unit, fridge, kettle.

Cleaning can be improved a bit: the tea cup I used in Day 1 was not replaced. Was there for 4 days. They also didn't change the sheets - I have no problems with this (save water!) but some people may be put off by this.

With hot, cold shower. With 2 shower heads and faucet - more than enough for a budget hotel. With complimentary toiletries - some of the bottles/boxes had tears on it or faded prints or logos though - proof, maybe, of much re-use? Apart from the molds on the sink where it meets the wall (see picture), the rest of the bathroom looked clean.

For breakfast, basic buffet menu and same menu everyday with bread , fruits, eggs, pancakes, noodle soup (which i don't recommend, better tasting ones on the street). I love that it's just enough to get me through the first 1-2 hours of the day before trying out street food before lunch. Coffee and tea available the whole day.

All the staff I encountered were attentive, alert, pleasant. They also maintained a good balance between being friendly/chatty and letting you get on with your day. No one forgot anything, made a mistake with a request or took too long to address a request - I called for a hairdryer (because I didn't check the drawers) and someone was up in 2mins.

I'm really happy with this hotel but would I stay here again? Definitely, but I'd also still look around for other hotels to see if I could save a few dollars.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back to avoid street noise. If you want to get some daylight through your window...