“Good getaway in Hanoi”

Rising Dragon Legend Hotel
Ranked #62 of 636 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very minimalistic, with good architecture, in a great location. It's right on the street so you can expect accessibility to local transportation if you want to go around. We stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights on our second leg, before leaving for Singapore. It was a comfortable experience and the staff were great and fast. We have a view of the city from our room, which is beautiful at night. We enjoyed our stay here and I hope to come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laverne H

Reviewed October 3, 2013

From the moment I arrived, I was greeted with the warmest of smiles.
Instead of just given a keycard at check in, your taken into the breakfast / dining room and given a map and shown places of interest and also advice on where to eat pending your preferences.

The location is just perfect, I'm often lost in new places but the hotel is located a stones throw from Hoan Kiem Lake, If your looking at the map, It's the top right, located north of the Hotel are lots of options for street food, it's actually quite good and very cheap.

The rooms themselves are equipped with all the essentials that we all need and the beds are comfy, there's also a handy safe for storing valuables .
The wifi signal is very strong and the lift comes in handy.

Within the hotel reception there's a desk for arranging trips and is manned by the managing director himself David.
I'm a bit weary of new places and people I don't know but David spoke to me like an old friend and the Ha Long Bay cruise was cheaper than what the other guests paid (bonus). I have also revewed that tour as well.

If you want to buy coffee beans like I did, turn right out of hotel and there's lots of small shops selling beans way cheaper than the big vietnamese coffee shops.

I booked this hotel based on previous reviews and definitely not dissapointed with my choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Henry T
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel at the beginning of our trip to VN. We weren't expecting too much for the price but boy were we surprised!! This hotel was so good...small but clean and comfy rooms, the best location (in amongst shoe st, great st food and bia Hoi bars). I cannot say enough about the lovely staff so helpful!! The breakfast were great you order they make. We like to travel in style but thought this trip to VN we would mix it up a bit in regards to price and this hotel far exceeded our expectations....we are travelling with teens and they loved it too...thanks guys

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Rugbybee222
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed in a suite here which was perfect for me and my partner. We travelled from Ho Chi Minh and booked at the last minute, yet they were able to accommodate us right away. I liked how our room had a small open patio space with a roof window. It made me feel that it wasn't a budget hotel at all. Plus, the staff were great and warm. All those spur of the moment decisions are sometimes the best ones. The breakfast was good and I really wished we could stay for another night, but had to leave the day after. It was marvelous and gave value for my buck.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Marsha_8AL
Reviewed September 28, 2013

If you are looking for a luxurious, formal staff and big hotel, Rising Dragon Legend is not that one.
But if you would like to feel like home, helped and comfortable, indeed you have to choose it.
This hotel is situated in the Old Quarter, so you are close to everything. Staff are very very helpful and tried to do everything for the customer. Mr Trung manages the hotel great for us, and even we borrow a laptop in our room for a while.

Room Tip: Perfect hotel, feel like home.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank dserarols
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The staff here are very, very good! Speak great English and were so happy to help out with travel arrangements for us. The breakfast they gave us was superb. The Hoan Kiem Lake is very close to the hotel, and is a great place to go to in the evening. Loved the location (Old Quarter). Superb Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Ashley_Cena
Reviewed September 24, 2013

First stop on our vietnam experience could not be better. From the moment we arrived the staff went out of their way for us, I think this I is the most special thing about the hotel. We used them to book transport and also a tour, nothing was a problem. Rooms were very comfortable and surprisingly quiet. Thanks to David, Zib and the team.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family